“Great food!”

Ranked #19 of 119 Restaurants in El Nido
Cuisines: Asian, European, Filipino
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Enjoy the overlooking terrace of the restaurant facing Cadlao Island and the South China Sea.Local, Asian specialties and international meals are served.All our meals are made with fresh local produce including fishes, lobsters, king prawns caught fresh every day. You can also try our Seafood pasta, our seafood curry our pork ribs and beef tenderloin.All our meals include side dish ; vegetables and rice or home made french fries or home made mash potatoes.The bar next to the restaurant a large list of drinks like wines, cocktails or healthy fresh juices.
Reviewed January 10, 2013

You have to try the Kinilaw - a traditional Filipino dish. Absolutely incredible. Also the fish curry (your choice of fish) is phenomenal.

1  Thank DonPackett

Reviewed January 1, 2013

During my stay in El Nido on December 2012, it happened that there was a buffet dinner in celebration of the 1st anniversary of Cadlao Resort on 19th December.
As few days before, my wife and I were at the reception inquiring about rates and conditions for an eventual future stay, the receptionist asked us if we wanted to join the buffet dinner for a price of 400.00 Philippine Pesos per person.
Considering that it was a good opportunity to find out more and assess the conditions of the resort we decided to join. The buffet should run from 06.00 pm to 10.00 pm and the menu included different dishes of Western and Asian food, dessert with drinks paid separately.
My wife and I paid the 400 Pesos per person at the arrival right at the reception. Then we went across the resort garden and pathways up to near the swimming pool, where the buffet was taking place.
At this stage I should say that the facilities of the resort seemed to be good, as far as I could see, but as mentioned above I just joined for the dinner and after what happened I am sure I don’t want to stay there never!
For you to understand my reasons, I must describe the happenings during that buffet dinner.
There was plenty food of different types, that I can say it “would be good” if it was warm! In fact, and in spite that weather was not cold, most of the cooked food was cold. And you know that if food is not warm, it loses completely the taste or better, does not taste good.
Regretfully, all the food, such as stews, fish in oven with sauces, chicken, pork ribs or even the rice, was completely cold because there was not a single candle under the buffet trays!
This is already a point to take in consideration, but not serious enough to decide not to stay in a resort…
I just tried several dishes but in fact I couldn’t enjoy the food or feel satisfaction in eating as the food was cold and I was somewhat disappointed reason why I decided to turn to the desserts.
I had seen before a cake looking like the Italian “Tiramisu” and I thought to myself that some fresh fruit, a slice of that cake and a coffee, would make my night!
However, that was not my night, as when I approached the desserts; there was neither any fruit nor any cake! The only “dessert” available (if you can consider that dessert) it was a salad made with canned fruits, macaroni and mayonnaise!
I asked one of the servants if I could get some fruits and a piece of cake. He went to check and returned telling me that there was nothing else than the ditto salad with macaroni and mayonnaise.
I found strange that at 08.00 pm the desserts had already finished and requested a word with the manager. After a while came the manager (a Philippine woman that later I found to be Ida Marie Traon) that, already looked annoyed when moving towards me.
I just asked her if there was any dessert left such as cake or fresh fruits and she pointed out to the salad mentioning that it was the only dessert and started loudly commenting to make herself listen by her staff and surrounding persons; what I wanted more for only 400 Pesos? Such as, for 400 Pesos you only have right to eat what I give you!
Ignoring her rudeness and impoliteness, I told her that I couldn’t understand why there was not any fresh fruits (Philippines is a country where you easily find fruits like mango, banana, watermelon, pineapple and a lot more exotic fruits) and this “manager” instead of talking directly to me, giving even any idiotic explanation that I could eventually accept, persisted using her bad manners and vulgarity, commenting loudly and jocosely to others Philippine females around like questioning them, what I wanted more for only 400 Pesos, because there was still so many food, pointing out to the buffet trays.
At this stage, I had to tell her that most probably people had not eaten that food in the trays because it was completely cold (as it happened to me and my wife). She continued ignoring that I was talking directly to her and instead sustained like being claiming to others around (mainly Philippine women as mentioned) that I had “only” paid 400 Pesos, so what I wanted more??
I just tried to tell her about her lack of manners, rudeness and impoliteness, but I doubt that she could listen, as she was still so committed on her claim to the others around.
In face of the situation, I just picked up my wife and run away from that place, being certain that I don’t want to face that woman again… stay on Cadlao Resort or go there anymore!
Conclusion, whatever are this Cadlao Resort’s premises conditions I don’t recommend it, mainly because staff and their behaviors are also part of a resort, being also very important for the whole package of my good holidays and I can’t admit of being insulted when I address any one politely. I praise too much my holidays to be offended and getting tense by such rude and low level persons

9  Thank FCostaMacau
Reviewed October 5, 2012

This resort has the best facilities and rooms in El Nido Town. This is also the only resort in El Nido town that has 24 hours electricity. The only downside is it is around 10mins walk from the main street and you will have to passby a cemetery before you reach the resort.

2  Thank cresil
Reviewed June 30, 2012

We ate some of the best fish we've ever here. It's a truly gorgeous setting and we though we'd treat ourselves as it looked quite special but the fish dishes were only $6. Quite a swish resort with an illuminated pool by the restaurant and a view out on to Cadlao Bay. Try the Red Snapper with chips - you get an enormous serving along with great chips and a choice of terikayi sauce or mango salsa. The staff are very friendly and unpretentious given how exclusive the resort is. Eat at sundown when the view is spectacular.

2  Thank sarah b
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We stayed at Cadlao resort for 4 nights, eating breakfast each day and dinner once during that time.
The seafood curry is AMAZING!
Definitely more expensive than most other restaurants in town but well worth it.
They have a good wine and spirits selection too along with a Nespresso for those mornings when the brewed local coffee won't cut it.

2  Thank Timmehhh