All reviewsbed sheetspowerfanbalconyvaluablestoursresto
Reviewed June 7, 2017

Stayed here for one night as it was the cheapest hotel not booked up in a last minute situation.
The hotel had great views of the ocean and located near the beach on the main little strip of El Nido - so I'll give them a thumbs up for location.
Unfortunately the room quality did not match the price - so not good value for money. The running water when I was about to brush my teeth was yellow so didn't wash my face with it or didn't feel clean showering. Very small room, kind of stuffy and not very secure.
Wanted to store my luggage somewhere safe with my valuables but unfortunately they did not provide this service.
Had an ok sleep, bed sheets, room and hotel were clean.
Lobby and lounge area was way too stuffy to chill in but the rooftop and balcony views were great!
They had Wi-Fi, but it barely worked - don't expect phone networks or wifi to work in El Nido anyway - it's terrible!
Overall Ok stay but would not return.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 1, 2017

Do not dare to book a room in Garnet Hotel. The deluxe room i booked is apparently next to the reception at the ground floor, without window or proper ventilation. The room stinks and worst the water is really dirty. I could not stand to stay even a night so we moved out and gone through the hassle of finding another hotel at 2AM in the morning. The receptionist did nothing. I called Agoda and reported the case and to my dismay, the receptionist lied and told Agoda that they cleaned the room for me but i chose to leave. I felt that i was scammed, please be aware people.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ac M
Reviewed April 17, 2017 via mobile

Apart from it's central location there is nothing good to say about Hotel Garnet. On arrival there were 5 members of staff sitting in reception but none of them wanted to get up to check us in. They were too busy eating or doing each other's hair. It was clear we were an inconvenience to them. Our ground floor room was damp, smelly, dark, had no window and the bathroom was dirty. There was no hot water and the water that did come through the taps was discoloured. Wifi worked but was very slow. We were right next to reception so it was noisy until late and then again at 6am when the staff started shouting at each other. Thankfully we were only staying one night.

Stayed: April 2017
2  Thank Lindsay T
Reviewed April 9, 2017

I wouldn't have complained if the quality of this "hotel" matched its price but it didn't. It was very expensive for what it is. First, the orange color of the building is very tacky. It's in a very good location and it's such a waste because it is so badly designed. There's a balcony in every floor and a big lounge space that is not inviting at all with ugly couches and rusty hot water canisters with rusty jars of sugar and coffee -- supposedly for free but please do not dare touch it. Our room has a bathroom door that can't be closed because it is jammed on the floor. Also in the room are threatening posters constantly reminding the guests that you pay this and this and this if you do that, etc; and also posters saying that they can book all the tours that you want. Towels and bed sheets are very thin. Airconditioning does not work properly so what we do is we turn it on plus the fan in the afternoon so it will be cool enough when we come back at night. I know it is wasteful but it would have been more efficient if they didn't skimp on the airconditioning units. Please don't stay here. There are other hotels that are cheaper and with better value for money.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 9, 2017

If you're staying here make sure you request/pay more for the roof top rooms. They have x3 rooms with entrances on to a terrace that has AMAZING views.

We stayed for 3 nights and the rooms weren't made up/cleaned at all. The bathroom was pretty horrible - water turned brown after a day and then water stopped completely.

Staff were also very hostile and unhelpful.

Amazing, central location.