“Great little hotel.”

Ranked #77 of 95 El Nido B&B and Inns
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Great little hotel.”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Well priced, very clean, a/c, fan, ensuite bathroom, this place is basic but more than sufficient for a few days stay. WIFI provided, electric knocks off for a while in El Nido but this hotel maintains a back up generator to ensure the a/c keeps going. Staff were very helpful and welcoming, they kindly charged my camera every night from their reception computer and assisted with bookings for the island trips and transfers. El Nido is small so all locations are reasonably central, this hotel was a 60 second walk from the beach and breakfast is served in a little café on the beach and is inclusive in the price. I would have no hesitation in staying here again on my next visit.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Mandaluyong, Philippines
Reviewed October 11, 2013

after the 3 hour rough road journey from taytay palawan, arriving at a decent hotel such as Garnet was a relief. We arrived late at night and allowed us for a late check in. There's no resto within the hotel vicinity.

Before hitting the sack, we went to the beach which was just in front.

They have well-furnished rooms and the view from the upper floors are better.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

I booked a Deluxe Room for me and my friend because of the average reviews.

Positive:
- location, second row, next to the beach
- friendly staff, helped

Negative:
- Definitely too expensive! (55€ = 3200 PHP/night).
- high humidity (and smell) in the room, they do nothing against it
- new towels, but cleaning the room not expensive every day,
- interior more or less average/old/simple

In the end I was disappointed for this price. If it would be half of the price I wouldn't complain that much. A real "Hotel" would offer more, especially more service and atmosphere.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank raybrudberry

Travelers are raving about these El Nido hotels

boracay
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Stayed here before. They use a back generator when there is no power. Great to keep the fan going when there is no wind and high humidity. They also have 24/7 WIFI which is important for me to keep contact with my office. Rates are great and the staff are friendly. Right in the centre of town so you can walk anywhere

Room Tip: If you like it quiet choose the centre rooms. Back rooms you can hear the generator. Frnt rooms you...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
UK
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Stayed 5 nights at this centrally located no frills hotel which is clean and readily accessible.
Check in was quick and easy, but don't expect help with baggage, there are very few staff. Rooms are clean and comfortable, with large bathrooms and are serviced every day.
Aircon is a basic wall unit but worked very well, similarly the TV was a small wall mounted unit, but it worked as required.
There was a lot of construction work ongoing next door (as is the case all over El Nido now) but the noise didn't bother us too much as we were out most days anyway. The communal area on the second floor where they have complimentary tea and coffee is also quite noisy, but this is due to inconsiderate guests and not the hotel fault at all.
The hotel has its own Generator which supplies basic power needs during the scheduled El Nido Brownouts (0600-1400+) but be aware, it doesn't run the Aircon or the Electric Shower.
Hotel has no restaurant facility, the complimentary breakfast is served in the nearby Habibi Restaurant overlooking the beach. Choices are basic but adequate and the food is well cooked. For other meals El Nido has many choices of reasonable restaurants.
Wifi is unreliable, as is elsewhere in El Nido, basically forget it for important communications.
All things considered, this is one of the best hotels to stay in El Nido, it doesn't overlook the beach and has no extra facilities, therefore it is a little cheaper, however it is very well situated and is clean, relatively quiet and comfortable. If returning to El Nido we would stay here again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Front Rooms have traffic noise, rear have adjacent construction work, middle rooms are better.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Lafayette Hill, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I'm pretty sure I got one of the worst rooms in the hotel, and it was STILL a million times better than the cheaper hotel I ran screaming away from, or the more expensive beachfront hotel I stayed in a year before. I came at 2 AM after leaving a horrible place and woke up the poor staff, who were very kind and helped me with my bags up to the room. I suspect that because I came so late, I got the last pick of the rooms, but I was perfectly happy with it. This hotel is CLEAN. Spotlessly clean. In an ideal world that would be a given, but in El Nido, it's hard to come by (I checked several places and none compared). There's electricity 24/7, which is also hard to come by, even in more expensive places. My room didn't have a window (it was blacked out), so there was a very slight damp smell and I had to leave the door open now and then to air it out (though I'm extra sensitive to smells and I'm not sure the average person would even have noticed it). There was, however, a fan, air conditioning, fast WiFi, and a TV with English channels. The TV didn't work during the day when the generator power was on, but anyway who comes to El Nido to watch TV all day? Breakfast is at a restaurant across the street, which has great beach views and delicious food. There is a small terrace with a table at the hotel as well as sofas in the hall where I sat for more light during the day. It seemed that most rooms actually had windows and were nice and sunny, but as I said, after the hell I went through at two other hotels I was perfectly satisfied with my spotlessly clean back room. The bed was also very comfortable and the room was cleaned daily, and cleaned well. It was the best sleep I had in a total of a month in the Philippines. The hotel is located right in the center of town, but at least in my room, I didn't hear any noise at all from other guests or from the street. It's not a luxury hotel, but if you want any kind of luxury in El Nido, you'll be paying 8 times as much. If I went back to El Nido, I wouldn't even think about staying anywhere else.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a window, but even if they're full, you're still better off here than...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank LKocaturk
Witney, Oxfordshire
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We originally booked into a cheaper hotel down the road but decided that we needed the air con and so headed to the bright orange Garnet hotel. We had a look at the room before taking a walk around town and seeing a few others to compare. The Garnet was by far the best value for money and so we decided to book two nights stay.

We ended up staying 8 nights in total and had no issues with the hotel at all. The staff are all really friendly and they keep the place really clean. The girls are awesome and always around to replenish the hot water/tea/coffee. It is a really laid back place where you can be left alone to get on with your vacation but given help when it is asked for. The beds were made up every day and the towels laid out in different cute designs.

The hotel has a generator and so when the towns power turns off between 6am and 2pm you can still use the fan and internet too. We had a room in the middle of the 1st floor so it was perfectly placed to be noiseless(apart from the early risers breakfasting outside our bedroom door)

If you want somewhere to chill for a while this is the place. It is not a 5* resort where the staff all kiss your a** but it was perfect for us, laid-back mid range travellers/occassional backpackers.

Room Tip: You can stay in a room with a balcony for extra but if you are on a budget you don't really need...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple