“Want the best? Go with Midnight Sun!!”

Midnight Sun Day Tours
Ranked #21 of 50 Tours in El Nido
Seoul, South Korea
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Want the best? Go with Midnight Sun!!”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I made a trip to El Nido and before the trip, I did make some researches and wanted to have a island hopping tour with Midnight Sun. As you may feel the name to be very meaningful, the owner operator of Midnight Sun is, Pastor ildefonso. However, when we visited their shop (house) around 8 pm, I heard that pastor ildefonso was in Puerto Princesa. I have spoken with Jayson and Clark (Sons of Pastor ildefonso) who is the co-captain and guide of the tour package.

At that point, I realized that, they didn't have enough number of tourists for the day of my desired tour date. I was not really interested in paying more to make it a Private tour. Without a hesitance, they offered me to just go on a tour with them at the same group tour rate for 2 passengers only. "Wow, what an amazing deal!"

I told them, they don't have to go on a tour to incur business loss with me since I just have 2 pax. Instead, they told me that their main concern was to provide good services and satisfaction to their guests who came all the way to El Nido to use their tour services.

So, the private tour of myself just started like this with them. Since their Father was away to Puerto Princesa, Jayson was in charge of the sailing and Clark handled the tour.

They brought us to several spots for taking impressive photos and also made private stops at a better diving spots to give us better snorkeling experience. (They didn't even charge for the snorkeling equipment fee which other places would charge rental fee.)

Oh, they do own the third fastest banka (boat) in town. When it comes to cruising speed, Oh yeah, their boat is really fast unlike other slower bankas around.

I had a blasting fun with them and couldn't thank them enough. They do make great bonding with guests unlike other people you will encounter in El Nido.

That evening, I was walking around the town and saw a "Local GYM". Clark and Jayson were there and they said hello to me. They also told me that their Father has arrived back in El Nido. So, the next day, I made a quick visit and had some talks with Pastor ildefonso. I had very useful conversation about the local business and etc in El Nido.

If you are looking for a more cheaper Bike rental, just ask them and they will rent you a bike for 20% cheaper rate that you will see in El Nido town proper.

I strongly believe that, it is the HUMAN relationship that makes anyone's trip much more memorable and wonderful.

Midnight Sun is the True Lighthouse on any given day trip. I guess why that is what "Midnight Sun" stands for.

I would highly recommend anyone to contact them if they will be in El Nido for pleasure.

Lastly, I heard that Telecom condition in El Nido is not so great.

So, make a direct call to them or send them an email and they will check and reply everyday.

God Bless, Pastor Ildefonso's family!

Lawrence Han.

Visited April 2014
5 Thank Lawrence H

Davao City, Philippines
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“No regrets”
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Me, my wife and our 7 year old daughter took a tour with midnight sun which we shared with a friendly german couple. It's like we took a private tour with just the 5 of us! The guides are friendly and knowledgeable and Sir Ilde and family are one of the nicest and genuine people I met in el nido. He will not just take care of your island hopping tour but will make you experience their way of life there. Definitely will come back and have island tours with them again.

2 Thank fishslap
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend booked a private tour for 5 days to take us around the many islands. Our hotel was based in Corong Corong and they picked us up each day on their motorbikes. This is a family run business and their son Clark was our tour guide. He is a very likeable guy and very informative. The rest of the crew were also great and the islands they took us to were empty most times so it really did feel like we had a beach to ourselves at times. Nothing beats having lunch of fresh fish, pork, chicken, rice, salad and various fruits (which tastes great over here) prepared and cooked for you on a deserted island. Unfortunately we were unable to do the last 2 days as we had food poisoning but they were very understanding. We booked this tour via email communication before we flew out.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank teresa y
Madrid
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Excellent service. The best choice”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stayed in Cadlao resort in El Nido and we werelucky to pass through midnight sun tours and talk to Jayson and agree to have a first tour with them. The service was excellent and the family very friendly and happe to accommodate our last minute request for a private tour. After this first experience we did not need to look any further. All the rest of our arrangements for tours around the islands we made directly with them. The best way to get to know El Nido and the nearby beaches and islands is with this family and their tours. Definately your best choice in El Nido

Visited November 2013
2 Thank Adrianos D
Almaty, Kazakhstan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Well done”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

We stayed at Cadlao Hotel close by Midnight Sun Tour. It's the family owned company. We took Tour A and Tour C. Eldi is the head of the company. Jason,his son, is a capitan. We had a private tours for 4 persons. Jason and his friend did a great job. We had a wonderful lunch (grilled tuna, meat, tomato and cucember salad and fruits) in the quiet beach. On the way back in the first day we had problems with the engine, the problem was solved by changing it to the spare one. For the second day we had another very nice boat. I would recommend this nice and affable family company. They do a great job.

Visited December 2013