“Wonderful place!!! I got engaged!”
Review of Cadlao Resort

Cadlao Resort
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in El Nido
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Cadlao Resort was everything and more on our visit. It was the rainy season(Sept 9th thru Sept 14, 2013, but we had a wonderful time and the staff was always helpful. The room, spa, pool and staff were outstanding. The side trips we planned thru the resort were wonderful and El Nido, Palawan has so many places to visit, but our time was to short to see them all. We will be going back and Cadlao Resort will be at the top of list of places to stay. All the guests seem very happy and seemed to be having wonderful vacations, as were we. I don't have enough adjectives to explain the atmosphere that was El Nido, Palawan and of course Cadlao Resort. The short trip into El Nido was a very easy walk and if you didn't want to walk the resort provided free transportation. Everyone was friendly and always had a smile. The smile I could understand because I would always be smiling if I lived in such an Enchanted place. We really enjoyed our stay. I proposed to my girlfriend on the 3 year anniversary, of the first time we met. I will always hold Cadlao Resort, El Nido, Palawan dear in my heart and recommend this resort with my full backing. Thank You, Cadlao Resort!!!!!!

Room Tip: Contact via email and they can help you with your room selection. I think every room is excellent...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 16, 2013

As if El Nido couldn't get anymore beautiful, staying at The Cadlao completed it all. We booked a last minute trip to El Nido while I was on vacation in the Philippines and could not have made a better decision. All the popular, secluded El Nido resorts were booked as a result, but we were able to reserve the last room available at The Cadlao.

The Cadlao is situated off the beaten path, but close enough to the main road of the town to experience what the locals have to offer, and secluded enough area where you feel isolated enough (in a good way) to take in the beautiful surroundings and enjoy yourself. The Cadlao could best be described as an intimate resort composed of charming bungalows with all the amenities you'd want/need to unwind (including a no TV policy), modern facilities (a/c, solar powered electricity in the afternoon, wifi, handmade organic soap, towels, etc), infinity pool and of course, their beautiful restaurant overlooking the beautiful bay and neighboring islands. They also offer a complimentary Batman and Robin Cadlao motorcycle to scoop you up when you arrive and depart. Don't know what I mean? You will.

This place is definitely worth staying at for every reason possible. Close enough and far enough from everything, and you WILL unwind. Beautiful resort and the staff was awesome too. I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 7, 2013

the hotel is very cozy and quiet. it located 10 minutes walk from the city which is not so fun to walk at night(it all dark). the hotel looks great and the breakfast and restaurant is excellent.
watching the sunset near the swimming pool is very relaxing at the end of the day.

Room Tip: rooms near the pool are better and quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We stayed here for two nights and three days in late August.
Definitely, the staff made a whole lot of a difference. They are very accommodating to our family's needs.
I read the past reviews and agreed with them regarding the resort's island hopping tour.
Yes, we had to pay more compared to the other local tours but their private tour for four with Jumel as our tour guide was priceless. He captured a number of photos which were breathtaking. Not only that but our family photos with magnificent backgrounds were indeed memorable. Plus, the food included for the private tour as well as the presentation was worth the money we paid for. I would highly recommend their private tour without a doubt.
Special mention also to Marie, who was very helpful with us when we checked in and to the shopper lady ( can't Remember her name) who bought us our souvenirs in the market since we had no time to buy them during our visit.
Breakfast was sufficient and satisfactory.
Free WiFi included was also a plus!
The only thing which I have to comment on is the Tricycle pick-up from the airport to the main town which I think should be complimentary. I know they have their own free tricycle service which takes their guests from the main town to the resort.
In my opinion, the resort should include as well the other tricycle service to & from the airport. We have to pay for two tricycles for a family of four. What if the family is bigger? That would add more for their budget.
It's just a thought....
Otherwise, we surely enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank 19eyesea
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Cadlao was supposed to be one of the higher end hotel in El nido as it is one of the most expensive on the Island. We were very desapointed to find tiny rooms, with very basic furnitures. The worst, was to find stained sheets and pillows and a blocked sink.
The location is not ideal as you need to walk quite a bit to reach stores and restaurants and even if there is a scooter to get you to the center, it is not often available.
On the positive side, the food at the restaurant was very good.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Antony H
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We visited El Nido twice: in January and March 2013. Its a stunning resort, very well maintained, with comfortable and visually pleasing rooms, green gardens and a beautiful infinity pool overlooking the see, sunset and the famous El Nido cliffs. We really wanted to host our wedding there and almost managed to convince the owner, but in the end he decided, a wedding wasn't a right fit for the resort. We still spent one day at Cadlao right before our wedding and had a dinner organised for a group of our 20 friends/wedding guests. Again, I can't think of a better place we could have chosen. The food was wonderful with a wide variety of dishes on offer, freshest seafood and good wine. In addition, both the owner and his wife are really lovely people. I would love to go back to El Nido again and wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone. it's slightly pricey but definitely worth it. Getting there is a bit difficult as there is no direct car/van access and you'll need to transfer your luggage to a tricycle, but the hotel will provide a full assistance with this so not a big deal.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank PolishTraveller_blog
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Staff was very accomodating, rooms environment friendly. I like the fact that they use organic products. Food was a little expensive but tasty. Private and very relaxing with a great view of cadlao island.

• Stayed: August 2013