“The place to stay in El Nido!”

Ipil Suites El Nido
Ranked #18 of 94 El Nido B&B and Inns
Los Angeles, California
“The place to stay in El Nido!”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

El Nido, a must do when in the Philippine Islands!

What a pleasant surprise this place was, clean, convenient location in the middle of town and modern compared to other places. Just how I wanted it to be! The view is amazing at the restaurant, loved eating breakfast there before I started my days island hopping. Peaceful and serene. Paradise? Close enough...

Ask for Dennis to take you island hopping, he is the best! My grasshopper coconut hat (he made it) photo is one of my most favorite picture this vacation. Too bad I can't take it with me!

The islands are beautiful!!! The secret and hidden beaches, all so awe inspiring! Ipil beach lunch was a once in a lifetime memory (thanks Trish for arranging this)- I would like to stay at the house they are building there one day. Let me know when it is completed! :-)

Trish, the GM took care of all my needs and arrangements during travel between Ipil Travelodge Puerto Princessa and El Nido. These two locations was so convenient flying in from Manila then taking the van to El Nido. I will do this again! You can't beat the convenience this affords you when travelling from one island to the next.

Aircon stops when electricity stops in town, but that is how it is in El Nido. Be prepared for that cause you can't sleep in when it is hot. Can use Wifi in the lobby during this time though.

From Los Angeles I did Oahu, Makati-Manila, Boracay, Puerto Princessa & El Nido-Palawan, Iloilo, Makati, Maui, Oahu then back to LA. Booked Hawaiian Airlines, then Philippine Airlines for domestic flights.

Great trip! And yes Once in a Lifetime? Not! I will do it again!
Well what are you waiting for? Go ahead go, and have great fun!

Room Tip: Top floor overlooking the beach. Nice breeze.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank OneLifetime

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Manama, Bahrain
Reviewed August 24, 2012

we stay 4 night and 5 days at 2nd floor with balcony php2000 january 11 to 16 january 2012 staff are good and hotel new room also size and bathrom very good near the beach and they have free brackfast at rooftop very nice view during brackfast if we come back again el nido i like to stay there again specially if they did not change the price

Room Tip: price depend to the room location 1st,2nd and 3rd floor becouse more up nice view for balcony
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mahdi_a26
California
Reviewed August 6, 2012

My friend recommended the hotel so I insist of trying it. I called the hotel and they told me to book via email and I did... after 2 weeks of NO REPLY, I messaged them on Face Book and still NO REPLY! I called the number again and they told me the same thing to book online! Until 1day before our check-in, my friend called them and insisted on reserving one room for us.

When we arrived at the hotel, i was impress of the modern look compared to other hotels in El Nido. The staff who received us was accommodating and courteous. The rooms were maximized and the bathroom was clean and orderly. They placed a survey on the table so I grabbed the opportunity to tell the management how their Reservation system NEEDS IMPROVEMENT!

In the morning, we had a free breakfast at the top floor wherein you'll see a panoramic view of the El Nido beach and Limestone cliffs. Nice to start our day at El Nido. The staff are kind and accommodating. Can't help but ask WHY I did not get a reply. They said the staff from the other branch are holding the booking and they don't have access to it, Management issues! I really hope they do something about it because the hotel has potential to be on the top list.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MAN610
Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Hotel has a good location, cause it's NOT at the beach, but 3rd row. Climate much more agreeable there.
Built by non-pro's: new, but rotting bath-rooms. Poor-quality windows and doors. This will look like a 50 years after 5!
Good aircon, meaning neither old nor too direct. We had no aircon after the daily power cut. Was always fixed right away.
WiFi on all floors (didn't work w my mobile, but may be due to my rather dated mobile).
Great view from terrace!

We liked the proximity to the great Art Café!

Seeking extra payments anywhere; you want a second cupatea to your breakfast? That's an extra! You want a slice of bacon with your scrambled eggs? That's an extra!
We had to have our dirty laundry counted by staff in the lobby, to confirm our handwritten list?!

It's a good place, but over-priced. But that goes for all in El Nide, really...

2 Thank Krishnagg S
san diego
Reviewed June 12, 2012

we had booked a room on hotels.com and when we arrived to our room we did not have a sea view. it was our honeymoon and we wanted a view that was not into an alley. i spoke to the receptionist and showed them our booking which said ocean/sea view. they said you have to be on the 3rd level to see the water but the room we booked was on the 2nd level. i said how can this be when the room description clearly states ocean view and not second level. then they said they had availability on the 3rd floor but it would be an extra charge. what? this is poor customer service it every way. i had proof of our booking and they would not budge. very frustrating!
the room itself is fine and basic but if you don't like hard beds, this isn't for you.

5 Thank melissaamie

Travelers are raving about these El Nido hotels

San Francisco, USA
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Stayed 2 nights late May 2012 having moved from El Nido Beach resort. Ipil is newly renovated with a very quiet AC unit, clean bathroom, clean curtains, and decent bed and mattress. No TV unit but didn't need it as we were out all day on the boat tours (which is what you do here in El Nido - island hopping) returning exhausted mostly resigning to our iPads with ok wifi. Staff professional. 360 restaurant on the roof has good view and breakfast. I would choose this place again if coming back to El Nido as it provides good value for money. We had a superior room with corner view for 2800 PP on the third floor. Room size is not very big but just enough. Dry bathroom is a major plus (I.e. shower is divided/separated from toilet)!!!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are bright with great views!
3 Thank alproosh
Reviewed May 20, 2012

...if they have a cabinet inside the room.
...if they have dimmer lights inside the room.
...if they have a more courteous staff in the morning.
...if they don't charge 150pesos from the people who provide massage service.
...if their booking list is more organized.

• Stayed May 2012