“Just a wonderful experience!”

El Nido Boutique & Artcafe
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We'll show you El Nido at it's best. With 20 years of experience, we offer highest quality tours and safety. Tours such as island hopping and kayak tours, guided treks, cliff climbing may be booked here. We have our own Tour boats that are very well maintained and have fiber glassed hall. Crew is well trained and we are a member of Green fins using best environmental practise. Credit cards are accepted. Rentals of Kayaks, Paddle boards. El Nido Boutique has everything a Traveler needs from T-shirts printed in their in-house Artshop to local handicrafts, snorkeling equipment, Beach wear and snacks. You will certainly find a suitable souvenir to bring home from El Nido. Artcafe is located on the 2nd floor (see under restaurant). "One-stop-shop in El Nido town."
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Overall just a wonderful experience. Amazing and majestic scenery! Kayaking is the best way to do the lagoons.

There are newer reviews for El Nido Boutique & Artcafe

Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

I have read about the EL Nido Art Cafe. We booked our first tour with them, I had dinner there three times, and we also booked our boat to Coron with them.

TOUR - we rented our kayaks and booked Tour C with them. Their tours are always a 100-peso more expensive than the rest of the smaller tour shops in El Nido. The tour was nice. Their staff was good at what they do. The lunch served for this tour was also great! They served rice, grilled fish, pork kebab, cabbage salad, and watermelon. The softdrinks are for sale. However, when we booked Tour A from a smaller company, we found that they have free towels, free use of kayak for the whole day, a nicer and more comfortable boat, and more food - squid, chicken, grilled pork, fish, cucumber and tomato salad, mango, and watermelon - and that's 100 pesos cheaper than the Art Cafe. I read that they don't strive to be the cheapest but the best...but this comparison doesn't seem to make them the best.

FOOD - the food at the El Nido ArtCAfe is decent. I love their kinilaw and especially the ArtCAfe pizza. Their food is generally overpriced and targets foreign tourists. Even foreigners here complain about its prices yet u wonder why it's still abuzzed with tourists. I think it's generally because it has built a reputation in El Nido with a clean environment so people think they run the least risk of getting sick by eating here compared to small food shops or carinderia. I had to go back there even if the food was overpriced for that very reason. As a tourist, you would rather spend a few bucks more than getting sick (without a hospital nearby) and ruining ur vacation, wouldn't u? The waitresses weren't the friendliest bunch in town. During those three times that I have been there, it's still the same snotty demeanor. Contrary to the owner who would go around asking people what they'd like to have with a friendly smile! There was one occasion when i told my husband about their yummy kinilaw and the waitress told us they don't have it and we were like, "that's the reason why we came back here on the first place," and then she said she'll go and check and she told us it's available. Aren't u supposed to check first before u say it's not available?

TOUR CENTER- I have corresponded with Merla for a while before arriving in El Nido. She's very responsive amd answered all of my questions. However, when we booked our tickets for Sunday to Coron and the boat owner cancelled it the day before the departure, we asked the staff if there's anything that we can do, or if they are other alternatives since many other tourists booked a trip to Coron as well, they just told us no, no, and no. No signs of them trying to be resourceful or even helping out. It's like they were simply resigned to the fact that there are no boats the following day without a care in the world that tourists have already flights booked out of Coron. I mean, hello, u claim to be the best but u can't even try to find other alternatives for ur clients.

Overall, the ArtCAfe is a good hub for everything that u need - from sunblock lotion to flight arrangements. It's still best to look for other tour shops and restaurants. I'd suggest trying one of their tours and getting the rest from other tour companies and make the comparison yourself. :) So far, they have the best tasting food yet the priciest I've seen in town.

1  Thank ekempis
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This place caters to tourists, but don't be afraid to try the other smaller tour companies along the way. In fact, if you don't book early enough, you might have to and you never know, they might have even better food =)

Their tour guides and tours are professional and well informed. They were very helpful with our ITI flight arrangements. This should always be your first stop in El Nido

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Had breakfast here and the view by their balcony is really astonishing overlooking the Bacuit Bay. Ate here alone and I am the only customer that time, the staff welcomed me and let me feel that I am not alone. They have free wifi and it was fast and reliable.

There is also a souvenir shop downstairs which they own as well. Really nice but bit pricey so I ended up buying my sarong to a local vendor in the town proper.

I should have tried having dinner here for once. They said they always have live bands, how relaxing is that?

Will definitely eat here again when I get back to El Nido.

2  Thank Ada W
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We loved this large, nicely run café with tables inside and on the terrace, with an unbelievable view of the Bacuit islands. Very efficient wi-fi and to-die-for pastries. Congratulations to the management.

2  Thank opossumd