“Top Notch Dive Boat and Operation”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sea Dog Diving

Sea Dog Diving
California
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 133 helpful votes
“Top Notch Dive Boat and Operation”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I did a couple of two dive trips with Sea Dog. I chose Sea Dog because it was right next door to my hotel. I was greeted warmly and professionally greeted by Peter and Barrie (owner). No high pitch sale for courses or trips, pretty laid back and relaxed.
The shop is very clean, modern and has the latest equipment. I bring my own personal gear as I don’t trust “rental” gear. The rental equipment I viewed was well maintained Scubapro equipment. Backroom where their compressor and tanks were located was well organized and clean. The only equipment I borrowed was a wet suit and booties. Both of these items were in great shape.
I consider myself a proficient diver with a number of years and dives under the surface. I’ve seen my share of dive operations from high risk (high probability of death) to very professional. I would rate Sea Dog up there at the top 3%.
Briefings by both local DMs, were through and informative. Both DMs had eyes like an eagle and pointed out numerous creatures that I wouldn’t have been able to spot. They both took diving Serious and Fun, which is Sea Dogs Motto.
The highlight however is their new 115HP dive boat. Fastest I believe in El Nido. By the time we had surfaced from our first dive, the other banca boats were just arriving. El Nido is spread out, if you’re doing Island hopping its great to take in the sights by traditional banca boat. But if you want quick, safe, comfortable and quite, nothing beats Sea Dog’s dive boat.

When I got back on my first dive trip, I asked the staff how come the only mention of their boat is a picture on their web site. They said word of mouth much quicker. I guess they don’t need to brag. They got me speaking about them now.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank edinstk

• Korean first
Munich, Germany
“Great Day Snorkeling”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I recently went snorkeling with Sea Dog. As I was with a group of friends (all scuba divers) and a bit nervous to go diving myself for my first time, I spoke to Barry and explained my concerns. He recommended that I come out with them for the day, see the diving spots, have a "snorkeling experience" and just see myself what a diving day looks like. The entire staff was friendly and really calmed any fears I had about diving. After having had such a great experience with them I have decided to go diving and do my open water with them.

Visited August 2012
Jacksonville, Florida
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Amazing Dives”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

There are a ton of dive shops to choose from in El Nido and we visited most of them. However, we always felt as if we were being sold a used car at most of the places. What a relief when we walked into Sea Dog and met Barry and Tim.

They took a lot of time not only to talk to us about diving with them, but as well to recommend places and things to do in El Nido. Not once during the conversation did they try to sell us a dive or course they just simply told us what they had to offer. After hearing some horror stories of what others have experienced with dive schools here in El Nido, I am confident that we made the right choice by diving with Sea Dog.

We are going out with them again tomorrow and hope many more times in the future.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Edmund L
A'dam
“Ssi open water certification”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I've had my first diving experience with sea dog diving, run by 2 englishmen. Before choosing between certifying companies they were very detailed about what we were going to do. Tim was my instructor during the ssi open water course. A very friendly and professional dive instructor. During the dives he was able to point out all the magnificant beauties of the underwater world as well as paying attention to our safety.

In short sea dog diving is very recomdable for beginning divers as wel as for advanced divers as understood from fellow divers on the boat.

Visited July 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Great first time experience!”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I had never dived before so I went on the trial dives. I had my own personal instructor, Tim, I believe, who explained everything patiently. He always looked out after me while giving me the freedom to explore. Diving 12 meters under water could be a scary experience but having such a level-headed instructor made it that much more relaxed and enjoyable. Overall, it was a great experience!

Visited May 2012