“Beautiful staff, beautiful place, beautiful experience...”

Submariner Diving Center
Ranked #1 of 50 Tours in El Nido
More attraction details
Owner description: SUBMARINER DIVING CENTER is the first PADI 5 Star Dive Resort and PADI TecRec Resort in El Nido, Palawan Philippines, which is operated by the German Ronny Oliwka who is PADI MSDT and PADI Tec Deep Instructor. Submariner is also certified as AQUALUNG PARTNER CENTER who offers high standard in Diving and Education as well as diving gear branded by AQUALUNG and APEKS. Not only the Equipment considers a high standard. Also the Staff is highly qualified and we keep international standards. For us diving is Fun and Joy and that´s what we want to experience to our Guests. We are located directly in the middle of the Main Beach of El Nido. Just visit us and learn more about us and diving. Started in November 2012 Submariner is also offering Palawan Diving Safaris to Port Barton and to the World famous WW2 Wreck destination Coron with a 60ft. Liveaboard. After Diving we welcome you at the 1st floor in our Bar & Restaurant “Habibi Restaurant & Shisha Cafe” where you can hang out and enjoy great Food, Drinks and maybe a Shisha after your Dive or in the evening and chat with great People.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children
Hong Kong
“Beautiful staff, beautiful place, beautiful experience...”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

The staff is very charming and always welcome you with a big smile, making my stay a wonderful experience, in this beautiful place. I went there to get my Open Water Diver Certification. Ronnie, the owner, was also kind enough to be flexible and to organize the course according to our needs and short schedule. He helped my friend to deal with his hears problem, and refund the dives he didn't complete because of it. Have to be mentioned the team of very professional instructors, speaking fluently French, German, Italian, or Tagalo, who made it go smoothly and funny. They supervised well the student, but give them enough loose to enjoy their diving when they are becoming more confident into the water, with keeping an eye on them in all time. Definitely a great experience if you are going to dive in El Nido. They always try to bring you to the best spots according to the weather, and give you a good meal on a beautiful beach after the morning dives. You finish the day in the best way possible, with a free drink at the bar upstairs for a short debriefing while watching the sunset. More than just being very good diver instructors, they are also friendly and give you good recommendations to enjoy your stay, making harder to leave El Nido as short as your stay can be. Highly recommended.

Visited February 2013

• Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
“Very professional and well-managed dive shop”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Attended the Open Water Diving course and was thoroughly impressed with the professionalism of our instructor, quality of equipment provided and the attitudes of all staff (receptionist, local boat hands, owner). I experienced some troubles with my ears, and the staff were very good at helping me to deal with my problems whilst accommodating my mates studying the course with me and ensuring they were able to complete the course. Highly recommended if you are diving for the first time. Mark

Honolulu, Hawaii
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Wonderful Dive”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We had a wonderful time diving in El Nido. We had just recently earned our advance diver certificate in Koh Tao and was ready to put what we learned to the test. Our dive master Wendel was great. He taught us further how to conserve air with our breathing and minimizing our movements. He was very knowledgeable and experienced which made for a great and insightful time in the water. The team was also very conservation minded which is good to see in the Philippines. My wife even ended up seeing her first black tip reef shark.

Visited May 2012
Seoul, South Korea
“Amazing Experience!”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

The Divemasters and staff were top-notch all the way through. I took my open water course here, with an instructor named Peter. He was very helpful, and made it a rather relaxing and enjoyable experience. The staff also allowed my friend and I to design the timing of our course, and were overall very helpful working with our tight schedule. Oh yeah! I can't not mention Habibis, the restaurant owned by the shop. Great food, and a free beer after each dive. Winning all around

Visited January 2013
Yeongdong-gun, South Korea
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“:)”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We had such a lovely experience here! The vibe and all staff members at this dive centre are lovely! Our instructor (Peter) was very friendly and informative and as it was justtwo of us with the instructor we had lots of time to ask questions and practice, and also time to do some fun diving after training sessions! Definitely recommend this dive center. No complaints!

Visited January 2013