“Submariner - Pro, safe, friendly and fun”

Submariner Diving Center
Ranked #1 of 50 Tours in El Nido
More attraction details
Owner description: SUBMARINER DIVING CENTER is the first PADI 5 Star Dive Resort and PADI TecRec Resort in El Nido, Palawan Philippines, which is operated by the German Ronny Oliwka who is PADI MSDT and PADI Tec Deep Instructor. Submariner is also certified as AQUALUNG PARTNER CENTER who offers high standard in Diving and Education as well as diving gear branded by AQUALUNG and APEKS. Not only the Equipment considers a high standard. Also the Staff is highly qualified and we keep international standards. For us diving is Fun and Joy and that´s what we want to experience to our Guests. We are located directly in the middle of the Main Beach of El Nido. Just visit us and learn more about us and diving. Started in November 2012 Submariner is also offering Palawan Diving Safaris to Port Barton and to the World famous WW2 Wreck destination Coron with a 60ft. Liveaboard. After Diving we welcome you at the 1st floor in our Bar & Restaurant “Habibi Restaurant & Shisha Cafe” where you can hang out and enjoy great Food, Drinks and maybe a Shisha after your Dive or in the evening and chat with great People.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities
Victoria, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Submariner - Pro, safe, friendly and fun”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I had been planning to take the Open Water course for many years but never got around to it. I finally did it and it was an extremely rewarding experience and this is in great part due to the Submariner dive center. The owner Ronnie was quick to respond to my emails and greeted me with a smile at the dive shop. Everyone at the dive shop was courteous and professional and the day trips were fun and relaxing. The equipment was in great condition, the crew was professional and the dives were fun. I couldn't have hoped for a better experience.

It was easy to chat with anyone from the shop which ranged from locals to an international crew of divemasters. I was privileged to take my course with Ronnie, but would have trusted any of the other crew members to train me as a first time diver.

All in all excellent experience. My patience clearly paid off and I'm thrilled that my first dives were with Submariner.

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Vienna, Austria
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Excellent dive shop - highly recommended”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Submariner is the best dive shop I've been to so far. I did my Advanced Open Water with them and had my very own instructor for the whole course. The shop is very professional, staff is vey experienced and well trained. I had a great time there with the guys and lots of fun. Hope to come back soon.
Very small groups, no crowded boats, new and high standard equipment - the best choice in El Nido. Thank you guys for making our stay in El Nido so memorable!

Birmingham
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Professional and Friendly - great experience”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I found Submariner Dive centre friendly, safe and professional. I would have no hesitation to recommend these guys. The lunch was very good (it was cooked by the restaurant they also own). I did 3 fun dives, seeing a lot of marine life with good vis. After we got back to el nido, the staff helped us complete our log books over a complimentary beer, and spent and hour reviewing the photos they took to ensure we had a note of all the fish we had seen! Thank you Dazzie and Windel for a great day, your enthusiasm was infectious.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
“Nice time with Andrw”

hi all .....
I went to dive with Submariner I stayed in El Nido for almost 4 Days and went diving with Submariner 6 times, did 8 dives in total with them. I loved everything: the staff (young, funny yet professional), the boats (small groups so no crammed boats), the food and of course the diving! El Nido has loads of nice dive spots and even though I went diving with them so many times, I never got bored. After diving you can get a free drink and 10% off all the food from the upstairs restaurant Habibi. love Submariner!

Visited August 2012
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Excellent & Top Quality Service diving centre in El Nido”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

From the very first email i sent to Ronny up to our last day in El Nido, it was Top Quality service which made our holiday an experience of a lifetime. We did a beginners diving course with 2 dives in one day with myself and two children ages 16 and 12. My children loved it and so did I. At first we were bit scared but then both Cheryl and Amanda made our experience so memorable. Definitely an sea adventure we will always treasure. After the dive they have even arranged all the necessary documents i needed so i can continue my diving to get my licence here in Sydney. They were very helpful and very professional. WE JUST LOVE EL NIDO will definitely dive with them again next time we visit this amazing place. Thanks Ronny, Cheryl and Amanda. See you all next time!

Visited December 2012