“Great and pleasant pension in a great location.”
Review of Rosanna's Pension

Rosanna's Pension
Ranked #29 of 105 Specialty Lodging in El Nido
“Great and pleasant pension in a great location.”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I stayed 4 days with my teenage son. First we had a room with a balcony right into a wall and not much view. We did arrive late at night without a reservation and the next morning we were able to changed into a lovely room with a magnificent view of the bay and beach. It is right on the beach and have a short walking distance to the restaurents at the beach, we can especially recomment Coco bar. Price at Rosannas pension was very affordable. Staff was very friendly and helpful at all times. The place is very well looked after and clean.
We booked two tours to the islands from the pensions. The weather did challenge us a bit so we couldn't unfortunately go on all the tours that we had planned.
We had a very pleasant time and can recommend this lovely place to all travelers to El Nido. I do hope to be able to come back myself one day and then I will book my accommodation at Rosannes Pension ahead.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Helle L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Firstly, let's not deny this place has an incredible view. All the beach from accommodation does and it is spectacular.
Beyond that though, we had a few minor complains about this hotel but they all add up, hence the rating.

Your room key, on the counter, 24 hours a day, with nobody at the desk!!: Whenever we handed our key in, they displayed it on the desktop for everyone to see. The desk was only manned 50% of the time and anyone could just walk up and take a key. El Nido seems like a safe place and we had no problems, but it doesn't fill you with confidence when you leave your room everyday. This links in to the service - it was hard to get any most of the time as they were not available.

Towels: They did not change our towels at all until we asked them to, and then they very reluctantly went upstairs to get some. The weather is very humid and the towels don't dry well so smell bad pretty quick. They should know this! Just add 50 pesos to my room cost!

Tours: They are clearly in this business for the money, which I know I know, they all are! But it was pretty damn obvious here. The only time they were being nice to you was when they were selling you something. We booked a private tour and they did us a good deal but the boat was very noisy the "guide" did not actually guide us at all and the lunch provided was very basic. We did a few other tours elsewhere and found them to be much better. Shop around. Don't take Rosanna's just because it's the cheapest, unless that is your only deciding factor.

Breakfast: They didn't seem to do any, they didn't ask anyway.

Staff/Service: The morning staff were kind and polite. The evening staff was a bit more money motivated and wasn't too keen to help. We did laundry and when it came back we were told "450 pesos". I challenged this and she said "Oh no hang, on....380 pesos". I still looked surprised and suddenly, "Ok ok ok...hang on......250 pesos". It didn't look good.

Overall I would say if you are expecting this and you are out all day, then enjoy the view in the morning and the evening and the convenience of the beach.
Shop around though, there may be better beach front options.

Room Tip: Top floor main building worked for us. Great views.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank spaicecowboi
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I would love to say 100% relaxation .,..... when i start entered the building the cleanliness makes me decide to stay there,that gives me more comfortable :) second the Receptionist/manager Ms TJ that first i talked too( with her mom owned by the name of ROSSANA(i call her mommy)),they are so very nice and most friendly manager /owner one of a kind,then i feel its my home :) mother/daughter bonding in business touched my heart and so thankful allowing me to use your hotel kitchen that they said im only the first one asking to used and cook,, and that completed my vacation!!third was all friendly girls employees so jolly friendly,,dessa/alfie in charged at front desk was so funny too,,about room rates so affordable especially the beachfront..restaurant,bar so near in a short walk...hope when i come back to el nido and love to stay there again,,,but i wish that you have mini restaurant can avail order foods,drinks.coz after all day tour and go around el nido feels tired and lazy to go out just looking for the restaurant.....More power and thanks a lot for being so friendly and comportable staying there......

Room Tip: Beach front room......
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank sexy_angel23
RosannasPensionne, Owner at Rosanna's Pension, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Thanks for the wonderful comments about our place and staff. We're very glad to have you here and would love to have you back next time!
Boracay, Philippines
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I would love to write a glowing review of this place. TJ was very nice and friendly, the rooms in the main building are very clean, the location is excellent, close enough to the music on the beach that it is but a short walk, but far enough away that that it does not disturb the sleep.

The view from the deck is as good as any beach front hotel in El Nido.

Unfortunately, during my first stay, the guy in the room next to me had 17,000 pisos stolen from his wallet in the room during the evening/night. The room was locked when he left and locked when he returned. Nothing else was taken. TJ stated that this has never happened before.

On my next trip, a week later, a girl in my room in the second building had 10,000 pisos stolen from her wallet from the room either during a daytime tour or during the evening/night when we went out. Again, the room was locked when we went out and locked when we returned.

Both times nothing else was taken, despite phones, cameras and computers laying about. Why do I say employees? Well, somebody had a key and could walk the grounds without suspicion and knew whether we were in our rooms or out.

Until they install video cameras, secure secondary keys, which are easy to access and provide room safes, you are probably better off elsewhere.

Room Tip: The rooms in the main building are much nicer than the rooms in the wooden building, but only have o...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank jim s
Thank you for your wonderful review about our place. Please rest assured that we take note of everything you said and we will do the best that we can to deal with this issue regarding our employees. We are in the Tourism business so we make sure that our guests feel comfortable and safe while staying at our place. It is true that our staff have access to the rooms because most of the time our guests leave the key for the room make up. Our front desk also has spare keys for when the guests need one. So as the owner, i make sure that our staff are above all else, trustworthy. Some of the staff entrusted with the cleaning have been with us for years, one of them for 8 years already. For me to dismiss them from their job for misconduct such as stealing, i would first need a strong proof of it. Regarding the second incident which you said happened to one of the girls you're with, we never knew of that incident until i read it in your review here on trip advisor. We did not receive a complain about it while you were still staying at our place.
As i said earlier I will not disregard your assertion. In fact, we are considering your suggestion to have cctvs installed. Our employees are always under observation and once proven guilty of stealing, they will face the necessary sanction as a result of their wrongful deed.

Travelers are raving about these El Nido hotels

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I didn't actually stay here as they were sold out, but I was impressed by the look of the place, it is a 2 story wooden building on the beachfront. We enquired about prices, around $100usd a night, the Reception lady was very friendly and polite. So.. I would stay there if I go to El Nido again....

Room Tip: Beachfront has to be good here. Balconies with a great view.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank MoscowLorna
Antipolo City, Philippines
Reviewed January 16, 2014

El Nido, by far, tops my most fave destinations in Phils. Many local tourists has the initial impression of the place as being so expensive and too isolated, therefore only a few of them has tried visiting the place so far. But through a bit of some research and reading online blogs, I found out that there's actually a lot of affordable accommodations already mushrooming along the town's popular Bacuit Bay, and Rosanna Cottages is one of them.

Not my first choice initially, but everything got easily booked up that time until I hit this resort. I contacted the owner, Ms. Rosanna, right away via email and instantly received a reply from her. She handled my queries well and gave instructions on how to finalize my reservation, including the pymt of an initial required deposit via bank transfer. Once you are in the El Nido shuttle terminal, the resort is just a mere five minutes walk from there. No need for a transpo ride unless you have a load of baggages with you. The resort is divided into two areas. Rooms/cottages with balconies in the beach area fronting the scenic Bacuit Bay (these are the most in-demand rooms so make sure you have your reservation advance) and the seemingly newly-constructed rooms right across the road. As usual, only room available was on the latter as the beach front ones were all occupied. Good thing about the rooms across the road is that they're more spacious that can occupy 4-5 single beds in it.. really suited for families and groups. I found them very basic yet clean, and the A/C works well. Some nuisances, however, is that in the middle of our stays, the bathroom drain got almost completely clogged bec. of accumulated sands in its water passage. As our room was the first unit nearest the road, the vehicular noise from the zooming vehicles/tricycles can be loudly heard esp. in the early morning. Wi-fi signal is also very weak in this area than that of the beach ones for obvious reason that the main router might be situated on the latter.

Inclusive in the room rate is a basic yet generous breakfast set (choice of American or Filipino breakfast). You can already request for it a night before if you want it to be prepared earlier than the usual. Do note that the resort does not have its own restaurant, so they'll just deliver the foods directly to your room. Excited for island tours after?? Almost all of the resorts out there offer island tour packages of the same standard fixed rate. However, in RC's case, I found their rates cheaper by a hundred pesos from the rest, but without compromising the quality of their tour guide services and the tours themselves. All things said, I must say that Rosanna Cottage is one of the resorts out there that provides a really good value for the money. You should try it too on your future El Nido visit.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms with the balconies on the beach front area (esp. the top floor). You will definite...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank ILuvTravel713
grenoble
Reviewed December 23, 2013

We booked 2 nights one day before with my girlfriend. We payed 2 000 Php/night for a room with double bed, private bathroom and private balcony (very usefull to hang out the clothes). the breakfast is included in the price and served in the room.
The room was very cleany (and we got a comfortable bed), with A/C and the staff was very nice.
You can seat, relax and watch TV in sofas at the front desk or go to the beach just in front of the hotel.
The best one we found in El nido (we tried 2 more).

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
#21 of 94 in El Nido
Hotel Garnet
Hotel Garnet
#75 of 94 in El Nido

Been to Rosanna's Pension? Share your experiences!