My girlfriend and I stayed here 4 nights. We had one of the two rooms that have a sea view (D1, D2), and the views are indeed incredible. It being the low season it was very quiet and relaxing. The restaurant area was undergoing renovation but it didn't much bother us.
The place is south of the main town area and it's not walkable. We took a trike each way for 40 pesos and it's not as much of a hassle as you might think since they are everywhere and easy to get. For us, the fact that it was out of town was a bonus because it was much more quiet and away from the business of El Nido (even during the low season - I can't imagine what the high season is like..).
There are three reasons for the missing fifth star. For one, the service was good but inconsistent, particularly in the 'restaurant'. The front desk was very accommodating and constantly tried to make sure we have rides and tours (didn't use the latter, but was available to us) and was helpful in answering most questions. The rest of the service staff... less so. The meals took forever to come out, 20-30 min was common even tho we were the only ones eating there) and although they would bring them to our patio, half the time they wouldn't clean after (twice we came back after 6+ hours to find the breakfast plates still there). On that same day, we left the sign indicating we'd like the room cleaned only to find it still hanging and the the room untouched. To their credit, on a later day they took the initiative without our request. Like I said... Inconsistent.
Second, the bathroom had a couple of issues. One was the water pressure which was very low all the time. Then the floor would get wet during the shower because the curtain is not terribly effective at doing its only job. Because it was so small there were no places to hang things to dry or place the toiletries. Not a deal breaker but kind of inconvenient.
The third reason is the food quality. It's decent, and you won't go hungry. They have lots of offerings. But you also wouldn't go out of your way to eat there. It seems a lot of it comes out of boxes and it's not as much cooked, as it is prepared. It will do tho if you don't want to go in town, but don't expect to be impressed.
If it seems like a lot of the review is commenting on the negatives, that is with the intent of making them known and not because they were big issues. We gave it 4 stars after all. The stay was enjoyable and save for a few minor things, we were glad we chose it and would stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel currently has 28 rooms in use including the new 3 bedroom family suite with 2 bathrooms and a lounge. Another two rooms will be completed mid-July and 6 more rooms will be completed by mid-October. By the end of October, there will be 36 rooms in operation and further upgrading of facilities is planned. All rooms have been upgraded with new air conditioning and new plumbing in the bathrooms. Most rooms have new beds, furniture, linen and towels. All rooms have their own private balconies with direct sea views. All day dining can be enjoyed in the new 50+ seater air conditioned restaurant with large cocktail bar or on the road side patio or in the lovely beach garden which is beautifully lit at night. Many guests prefer to dine in the shaded beach front viewing decks which offer spectacular sunset views between 5:00pm and 6:30pm. The resort’s two deep water wells ensure they never run out of beautiful fresh mountain water 24 hours per day. A high powered efficient generator is a back up for El Nido’s frequent brown-outs. The retail area in the reception offers many hard to obtain but essential items like branded Sun Creams, Aqua Shoes, Quality Snorkeling Equipment, Waterproof Neck Bags, Batteries, Sports Shorts, Sarongs, Chemist Requisites, etc. New garden furniture and sun loungers will be available from June. Most Asian tourists are photo and selfie addicts so the hotel recently commissioned some spectacular hand sculptured statues for guests to pose with including a 2.5metre high Sitting Chef Chimpanzee, a 2.5metre Giant Sitting Ape, a 2.0metre Gorilla Sitting on a Park Bench and a 3.3metre Blue Lady Torso. Really great photo opportunities for guests to mix with their unforgettable and scenic photos of El Nido. The resort has a close association with the El Nido branch of award winning Asian Massage who will administer wonderfully relaxing reasonably priced massages in the comfort of your room by highly trained masseurs. Kayaks and Bodyboards are available to hire by the half day from the hotel. Stunning Resort has two of its own recently overhauled Outrigger Boats for taking guests Island Hopping or to nearby Island Beaches for Wedding Ceremonies. The resort hosts 2-3 weddings per month varying in size from 10-70 guests. The room rates reflect the room size and the position of the room in our beach garden but all rooms have a private balcony, lockable safe, air conditioning, private bathroom with 24hour hot running water. The hotel has free internet. A set Asian or Western Breakfast for two guests is included in the room charge. Additional beds can be arranged. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Stunning Republic Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stunning Vistas Beach Hotel El Nido
- Stunning Republic Beach Resort El Nido, Palawan Island