“Great place to stay”

Stunning Republic Beach Resort
Ranked #10 of 99 Specialty Lodging in El Nido
“Great place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed in the front room "D1"
Great view and eating on the porch is well worth it. Joseph, eden and all the staff were great. Everyone is friendly. We did a private tour with the hotel boat. Highly reccomend it. Just remember to take towels and a waterproof container for your electronics.

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank Brad M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Czech first
Private
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

I am notorious for being an on-the-go traveler with an overloaded itinerary that has me out the door at the crack of dawn and collapsing into my hotel at the end of the day. I NEVER stay at resorts, because I am not there to visit the hotel, until I arrived at Stunning Vistas.

This place is a cozy inviting version of a sprawling resort. The grounds are lovely with wood decks lining the beach for an impressive view from a table or an island hammock. I loved the place so much that I spent a whole day just lounging around the grounds. I only had two days in El Nido and this turned out to be my best day!!!!!

The staff is fantastic! They are the perfect blend of familiar without being annoying. You are free to spend your time as you choose, instead of being harassed into some tour they are offering. The food was comparable to prices in town and tasty. This was the first place in a few weeks that did not upset my stomach. I took a particular shine to Joesph and the owner. The owner and I conversed at length about a gambit of topics. I enjoyed rubbing eggheads with him.
I did book a tour with them. Their usual tour partner was not available, so I was signed up with Caera Travel. They were PHENOMENAL!!!

I only have two cons that caused me to rate a 4 instead of a 5. The cheapest room was not well maintained. Everything functions just fine; however, the room clearly needs a deep clean, fresh coat of paint and upgraded curtains and linens. Otherwise, my stay would have been flawless. Second, don't take the Fort Wally transport. That experience provokes language not appropriate for Tripadvisor. I discussed at length the conditions of returning in that van and she misrepresented the transit.

I arrived on the bus and should have returned the same way. That transit would have been cheaper and comfortable. I was in so much discomfort and pain during that transit on the Fort Wally van. I wish I was in a sardine can. There was no room for any luggage, legs or the extra people they squeezed in anyway.

Otherwise, I still adore Stunning Vistas and would definitely stay again! I walked past several of the lodgings listed on Tripadvisor. I saw one or two in El Nido that I would consider, but Stunning Vistas is officially my El Nido home. The trike ride from Corong Corong is less than a $1 for Westerners. The view and tranquil setting is priceless.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank CuriousTrvl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

El Nido now ranks the best beach vacation I've had so
Far. The limestone cliffs, white sand beach, and crystal clear water all offer unspoiled natural wonders. The resort staff are so friendly and courteous to make sure you have the best experience taking in the beautiful nature. As soon as you go through the gate at PPC Airport, everything will be taken care of and all you need to worry about is what activity you want to do today! I was really impressed at the logistics and impeccable execution of the service. When we were there, resort was uncrowded and it almost felt like we had private everything - beach, boat, snorkeling, etc. Service was always private and personal, which made us feel very special. Thanks so much guys!!! I highly
recommend Stunning Vistas!!!

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank axbxrzn
Pasig,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

At this time of the year when the whole nation is being cascaded with rains & floods, we had to think twice if we'll proceed with the trip. Despite this, we planned the adventure and actually did it!
Let me start with the resort's accommodation. I chose Stunning Vistas over other resorts in the town proper because we wanted a more quiet/relaxing place with the ambiance of a beach. Joseph, the Manager is really nice from our email communication to actual conversation. He gave us good rates and he's always there giving service all throughout our stay. We were provided with 2 rooms enough for 6 paks. Comfort Room is okay though sometimes there's a low supply of water, which I think is really a problem in El Nido. Electric supply is continuous and I didn't even realized that it was only generator running at times. We were lucky that Wifi router was placed in our area so we had strong internet connection. The sunset view was superb, tried to capture every angle of it.

The Food - I like the breakfast choices coz I forever love Filipino food. And you wouldn't want to miss the fresh fruits and grilled fish & meat during lunch at the island.

Activity - Is there a word better than amazing? or even perfect? Cliffs and limestone are all over the place. The views, the islands, lagoons..ah simply paradise! We picked Tour C & A for our 2 days Island hopping. For more exciting activity, you will enjoy more the Tour C. But for your wallpaper picturesque, go for Tour A. Its picture perfect! What I love the most is that, there's no time pressure in all spots we visited as if you own the place.Special thanks to Kuya Romer for taking almost all the shots we had.

This experience really counts. With the sun rays directly hitting us, it didn't matter at all. Coz when you explore the whole El Nido, it's all worth the wait and expenses.

TIP: Kayak is a must..and an underwater camera too!

2 Thank Janette R
Batangas City, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

I want to begin my review to gave thanks and praise to our Lord Jesus Christ for allowing the nice- sunny pleasant weather on our trip. Few days ago before we we're supposed to go to our vacation, typhoon Maring & Habagat prevailed in most area with strong floods and heavy rains adding another typhoon Nando came. Better when the judgment time of our trip, the sun raises up. Big thanks to the LORD! Anyway, let's proceed on my review. My cousin is the one assigned for our booking & to search for our accommodation. She chosen the right one for this. The name "Stunning Vista" stand-out among the other resorts she inquired. Nice room, good Wi-Fi signal, cable tv, affordable rates and kind-accommodating resorts staff. Special mention to Resort Mngr. Joseph who accommodate us with so many pleases of discounts. And first time they will make according to him that the guest will check-out in the middle of the night only for us and still they allowed it. Thank you Joseph. We stayed 3 nights at the resort. We we're 6 @ two (2) rooms with 3pax per room. Foods are good but not as good as in Golden Sunset that they offer brown rice in breakfast. In our island hopping, Raymond, John & "Captain" as we called to the bangkero, accompanied us on our first day @ tour C. They are nice, yet still shy to us but we fell to them that we are equally simple-tourist. They serve delicious food, native and locally fusion cuisine on the island. Fruits and vegetables are presented amazedly and well-crafted! And I thought to myself, are they trained in CCA or Chef Boy Logro.

On our second day island hopping, Raymond & John couldn't make it maybe due to their other schedule. But he replaced in the name Romar as our tour guides. We got amazed again on his skills and knowledge as a tour guide. He is impressive. You will not regret on the tip you gave to him He gave facts and info on what we saw on our trip. Adding to this, he got really nice shoot for us like a pro-photographer. On our last night in the resort, Raymond & "Captain" joined us on our drinking session.You will surely meet wonderful people here as this is where fun, adventure-seeking and chic people stay. Its a stunning experience indeed. Shine bright like stunning.....

3 Thank Jovell C
Stuttgart, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stayed 6 nights at stunning vistas. 9 friends. We booked 5 rooms. To satisfy 9 people is hard. So I wrote emails with the stunning team for weeks. They were not bothered and answered every single question. They even arranged the transport from Roxas to el Nido. Everything went so well. We didn't had trouble at all. The service is good and we felt really comfortable and welcomed. Unfortunately the generator broke down. But well that could have happened everywhere. We had a good time there. We did a boat trip with the boat from stunning vistas. It was awesome. If you don't expect a five star hotel you will like stunning vistas.

Room Tip: Superior rooms are nice
5 Thank Bekki86
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

I fell in love with this place the moment I woke up the following day. There was this storm forecast a day before we arrived and heavy down pour of rain that night we arrived in this lovely place. The following day though it was cloudy, the stunning beach view as we had our breakfast truly calms my senses with that I knew its gonna be a great vacation for us!
Room rate is very affordable plus free breakfast for 2 with many choices from local to western breakfast. I recommend crepe with mango and banana filling. I had it for 2 days! Taste so yummy! Foods in their dining area are not expensive, huge servings and taste like homecooked!
The staffs are very attentive and friendly. Special mention to Ate Lisa their manager who never runs out of words to entertain us and answers all our needs. Wifi connection is very good. Sunset view is truly amazing. Tours they provide serves delicous foods and fruit presentation's so amazing and well-crafted!
For a solo traveler or traveling with group of friends this place is highly recommended. You will surely meet wonderful people here as this is where fun, adventure-seeking and chic people from other countries stay. No wonder Survivor Sweden staffs and crews chose Stunning Vistas! Its a stunning experience indeed.

3 Thank eisreh