Treat yourself to a stay at the Golden Monkey, a short walk out of the typical noise and bustle of El Nido. If you came to soak up the beauty of the ocean and impressive islands, you have it there because that is your view from your private patio outside Cottage #1. You wake up from a sleep deepened by fresh air and the rhythm of the waves; your day starts with coffee/ tea served on your patio. You sip while deciding from a delicious selection of homemade, local, nutritious and fresh items - like homemade calamansa marmalade for breakfast. One morning it rained after breakfast, so we read on our covered patio and waited for the glorious rainbow to appear over Cadlao Island before embarking on our island hopping tour. Rose can arrange your excursions with a boat captain, Petang, who lives nearby. This place embraces beauty and the concepts of sustainability. The setting for the cottages is artfully designed using indigenous materials recycled, local, and native species. From the gardens, to the walkways, central gazebo, and including all of the construction details, Rose and Kevin have created a sense that they enjoy sharing their home and lifestyle with their guests. If you are looking for a place that is not owned by a distant corporation and is not a big, impersonal, overly groomed resort, this is it! It is real. It is in a village of families, gardens, a coop, and a little variety store. The best restaurant in El Nido was at the Cadlao Restaurant and Resort, which as almost next door to the G.M. We are seniors who appreciated the walk into town for some dinners and evenings of music. If you need a ride, call and they will send a cart to transport you and your luggage to and from the cottages. The G.M. was accommodating to every request. More than anything, we had fun with the staff during our stay and will remember them with fondness and best wishes always. When we were leaving, Rose said, “Have a good life.” Thank you, everyone at the Golden Monkey, for reminding us to always take the time to be good to each other. We loved our good life with you.
Mike and Donna
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Golden Monkey Cottages are situated on Ca-alan beach, just 10 minutes walk from El Nido town. We offer quality accommodation with comfortable fan rooms and clean modern bathrooms. Each cottage has a large veranda and a spectacular view of the islands. Since we are located just outside of El Nido, away from the noise and bustle of town, we benefit from the peace of the surrounding forests and you will be free simply to relax and absorb the atmosphere. You could hire a boat and be taken to a secluded beach to soak up the sun, have a picnic, swim, snorkel and enjoy the magnificent scenery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Golden Monkey Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Monkey Cottages Hotel El Nido
- Golden Monkey Cottages El Nido, Palawan Island