Cadlao Resort(El Nido)
Official Site
$34
$28
  • Restaurant
Tapik Beach Park Guest House(El Nido)(Great Value!)
$8
Official Site
$426
$384
  • Pool
All reviewsisland hoppingpuerto princesahot wateraqua shoesbrewed coffeeboat crewoverlooking the beachbeachfront hotelwifi connectioncabanacottagetouraccommodationcyrusgeneratorbrownoutscoz
Reviewed May 22, 2010

I moved to Entalula Beach Cottages from another place in Coron-Coron after walking into a few other hotels and inns in central El Nido and looking at the rooms. Entalula immediately impressed me with its pleasant exterior and cleanliness - so much so, that I stayed for three weeks.

The rooms, although not too big, are clean and welcoming. The linen is changed every two days but the towels aren't, at all. All rooms are equipped with ceiling fans and aircons but you have to pay extra to use the latter. The bathrooms are quite small in the main-building rooms but larger in the cottages. Showers, however, aren't too powerful (the bucket and ladle provided really help).

The Entalula is located in the very centre of El Nido, but it is surprisingly quiet. All the little shops, restaurants, dive-centers, etc are just a few steps away. The hotel offers island-hopping, ticketing, laundry and, possibly, other services I might not have noticed. A pleasant touch is the free hot coffee/tea delivered to your door/terrace every morning.

What I liked best about The Entalula is that the place is relatively new (opened just a year ago), clean and central. It's also nice to know that you cheaper 'fan room' can turn into an aircon room any time if/when the heat becomes unbearable. As for the negative aspects, I counted two - and they were both cockroaches. Aside from those two, my stay at The Entalula was very comfortable and I would certainly recommend the hotel to anyone going to El Nido.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank 6thSymphony
Reviewed May 8, 2010

We stayed at Entalula for 7 days at the end of April 2010. I had actually called ahead to book with Emilia however we did not get to El NIdo in time as we were delayed by one day. We arrived to find our booking had been given away (it was my fault for not calling to tell her we would be late) but they offered us a room upstairs and later as another guest did not turn up we were moved to the best bungalow in the complex which faced the beach. A perfect start to our holiday. The other bungalows all have ocean views to but you are looking up the beach as opposed to onto the beach. Each bungalow has its own veranda and the rooms upstairs each have a little balcony however some views are obstructed by the bungalows' roofs so if this will bother you check which room you are booking first. It was 1300 PHP a night for a fan room. 2300PHP for air conditioning but remember that there is only electricity between 2pm and 6am.

The building style is new and has been architecturally designed with high ceilings, wood finishes and attention to detail. The linens are nothing fancy but design and simple clean finishes make up for it. The beds and pillows were super comfortable and sleep was an absolute dream. Mosquito nets were over the double beds in the bungalows but I am not sure about in the rooms. The rooms are all very clean and are cleaned daily by the staff without having to ask. The bungalows don't have hot water but you are in the tropics so it was not an issue. The verandas have a wood table and two chairs and every morning instant coffee is waiting for you when you get up. We got into the habit of running over to Taiyo (a cafe across the road), ordering breakfast and bringing it back to the veranda to eat with the ocean view. We had a few rainy days during our holiday and our location was great to be able to lie back and watch the clouds roll in and the rain come down from within the bungalow. In terms of security the front door to the house is locked at 10pm and you are given a key in addition to your own room/bungalow key. I did hear reports of some people staying at the Beach Hotel down the road who had left their clothes out to dry over night and they were stolen. We left a few things out and nothing was ever taken.

The service is polite and friendly but not over the top so if you are looking for staff to dote on you this is not the place for you. Our rooms were cleaned daily and whenever I went to lie on a sun lounge one of the girls would come out with a pillow for me. This is also not a party place as you are requested to not disturb other guests by making noise after 10pm and before 8am. All of the accommodation on the El Nido main beach is right up against each other so there will always be a bit of noise from other places and from the small amount of traffic coming from the road behind. If you are looking for somewhere quieter, a ten minute walk up the beach will lead you to a place called Makulay. Another plus is that Entalula is very close to Squidos (A French/Filipino run place) which has great fresh seafood.

We did not book tours through Entalula as we ending up using Jun from Ricson's further up the beach. He was a consummate professional and we ended up doing all our tours with him. Really nice guy and if you have kids I would recommend going with him and making sure that his sometimes assistant tour guide Felix in on board. Palm tree leaf hats, grasshoppers, fish, birds as well as catching tuna, spotting cool things when snorkelling, looking out for their charges, and taking care of the kids on board were bonuses to the actual straight tour.

But back to Entalula. I can't really think of anything negative to say. I am a bit picky about accommodation and this place was the perfect place for our low-key holiday. The lighting is a little dim to read for a long time at night but that is about it. There were a lot of bags of (perhaps) concrete piling up during our stay so check if there is construction happening if you plan to stay here soon. I would not hesitate staying there again nor recommending it to my friends.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank missmolihua
Reviewed December 24, 2009

I was in El Nido for a week and stayed at the beginning at a dark and noisy room at Ruvic's Pension for 2 nights (800 Pesos per night with fan) before moving to Entalula Hotel, which I found by chance, just walking on the street, entering and asking for the price.

They told me the price would be 1200 Pesos (wow, nice price!! I thought...) per night for a fan room (ceiling fan, in this case). So I went upstairs to see the room I was really positively surprised.

Well, first of all, the whole hotel structure is quite new (open since April 2009, the owner told me) and modern, it has some kind of resort atmosphere in it and the room I got (upstairs, first on the right, i think it was room number 3) was very nice, very clean, full of light, with a large comfy bed and a nice veranda, just in front of the sea, with a fantastic view and the gentle relaxing sound of the waves coming in from the sliding door. Besides, there was a table with two chairs on the veranda so in the morning you have the chance of having breakfast, since the hotel kindly provides a free coffee each morning which is to be finded just outside of the room entrance.

Well, to make it short, I booked this room for 2 nights, but at the end I stayed 5 nights, since I loved the place and the accomodation.

The only things which I didn't like were the noisy traffic of trycicles on the street (which starts at about 7 a.m.), and the gasoline smell which is sometimes to be felt, especially if the toilets window is open. That 's why I closed it and after that there was no more smell in the room.

I also would like to add that I even did not need the fan at night, since by just slightly opening the sliding door, I had free-of-charge fresh breeze coming in and the tranquil, relaxing, soothing sound of the waves...

I was very happy to stay at Entalula, and I think it offers some of the best accomodations in El Nido if you compare the prices and the quality of their rooms and structure.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank nakedtruth
Reviewed August 29, 2009

arrived in el nido without reservation. after seeing three hotels we choose the entalula guesthouse. we got an a/c room on the second floor (there are also several cottages which looked nice). we had a pretty nice view of the beach and beautiful scene of the ocean and islands. it was a little obstructed from the roof of a cottage below but a pretty excellet view anyways. the room was simple and clean. comfortable bed.

the bathroom was a bit small and was the sort where the shower is just next to the toilet without any separation, curtain or slope for drainage. this caused the floor (and toilet seat) to always be wet which was slippery and got messy with sandy flip flops and dusty shoes. i think that should have been better designed. the water pressure is non-existent. i could hardly get the shampoo out of my hair. the shower just dripped out. the hot water machine did not work they said due to the low pressure.

we paid over double the cost of a fan room to have the a/c unit turned on (i think all the rooms have a/c but they only turn it on if you want to pay for it). the a/c worked pretty well and there was also a ceiling fan. on our first morning, we woke up so so so hot and the a/c and fan were off. my boyfriend went to ask about it and was told there is no power in the whole town from 6 am to 6 pm. i was pretty annoyed about this since we were baking up there and we paid for a/c and it was not disclosed that we were only getting it for half the day. i feel we should have been told about that prior.

the windows do not open and there was no screen on the main door or the patio door. we opened both and got some good cross ventilation in the morning but it would be better with screens to keep mosquitos out.

since it is a guesthouse it had a nice homey feel but you walk through the "lobby" which is basically the side of the family kitchen and tv room. that was a bit awkward and i felt like i was intruding a bit.

each morning they left a tray with hot water and mugs on the door step but they left no instant coffee packets or tea bags with the water. you have to go downstairs and buy one for 10 pesos which my boyfriend and i never did. we are not big coffee or tea drinkers but i think it would be much nicer if a few packets were included on the tray. so much more appealing to just grab the tray and take it to the patio to have a morning drink than having to go downstairs to and buy one in sleep clothes.

the owner set us up for an island hopping day trip which was awesome!

the location is awesome, right on the beach and main road. close to the rest of the town, restaurants, etc.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank whatevsss
Reviewed May 3, 2009

There is a new place that offers affordable accomodation in the town of El Nido called Entalula. The beach front property has the best view of the beach fit for a painting or postcard.

Entalula was built using hard wood and glass. The architecture is unique among all other accomodations available in El Nido. It is clean & classy. Moreover, service was really good.

There are a total of 10 rooms available for the public, each one could accomodate 3 guests at the most. There are 4 fan cottages and 6 airconditioned rooms with hot & cold shower located at the 2nd floor. Price is reasonable and very affordable. Fresh towels and hot water for coffee or tea are provided free of charge.

Entalula is owned & operated by husband & wife Henri & Emilia. It also serves as their family's beach house where their children (who are based in Manila) retreat to during summer. Because of this, Entalula also has a homy feel to it. It has a living room with photos of the family members, a kitchen with all the basic appliances (microwave, toaster, griller, oven, refregirator), and a dining area that could sit 8 people.

If you happen to be in El Nido, make sure to stay in Entalula.

5  Thank brendastarr22