“Floating table was an amazing idea”
Review of The Alternative - CLOSED

The Alternative
Cuisines: European, Filipino, Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Loved the food, the scenery was brilliant and so was the vibe! Great location, little pricier than the rest of the food restaurants but totally worth it.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

this restaurant is famous for 2 special 'nest seat' and called 'nest restaurant' by many chinese tourists. i ordered the 'nest seat' in the morning(before we set out for island hopping) .some chef recommendations we tasted was well.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Lunch here was very good -- hummus and "famous banana heart curry" were both yummy. the service was good and it had a good atmosphere.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

I popped in just because I was wowed by the alternative seating I noticed while walking the beach. Since I was in a rush to return to my lodging to watch the sunset from a hammock, I only ordered a drink. The beautiful limestone cliffs block the full display of colors when the sun sets from El Nido beach.

Anyway, I liked the place! I thrilled over the unique menu. I ordered a goji rum and other healthy items tasty concoction. This was a welcomed change as a healthy eater suffering with the primarily meat and starch menu of other beach side restaurants. The menu is slightly higher, but for most Westerners this is customary when the cuisine variety is upgraded. The place was clean, offered a fantastic seaside view and had a quality service. I delighted in lounging in the boat shaped balcony seating. Sitting up above, I was able to enjoy an oceanview in peace without begging stray dogs and persistent beach hagglers pushing their wares.The view of El Nido bay was fantastic. The waitress even took pictures.

I was only in El Nido for two days and wished I had discovered the place sooner. In regards to previous reviews I would like to give readers some perspective. El Nido is quite small. Including the beach front, the township is comprised of four main blocks roughly the length of a major city block. There are at best 20 beachfront restaurants and only a select few attempt to provide ambiance. Alternative is one of them. If you are looking for a quality dining experience, Alternative is on that short list of options.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Ate hear for breakfast a few times and dinner once. Food was tasty, service was slow, especially breakfast. I am not normally in a rush to eat but I ordered cold muesli and fruit, which shouldn't take long. Great view.