Me and my wife stayed 5 days at this resort between 25Mar-29Mar. We found this resort to be way too expensive comparing to local standards and prices. Overall we were not positively impressed.
1) The rooms are quite spacious and were kept clean, no A/C but being next to the sea the breeze was enough to keep the air fresh. Our room had a nice view towards the sea and you can enjoy the view by sitting in the cottage lodge.
2) The sunset is splendid and is one of the best viewpoints, there are other tourists coming only for that
3) The owner’s wife (Bhing) helped us securing the entrance to the Underground River although it was the busy Easter period. However the staff overall is ok, but we expected more, especially with the service.
1) No shuttle service offered to/from the airport or other arrival points (we arrived by boat from Coron). You need to take a tricycle 150PHP and from the point it stops you need to arrange with the resort staff to come to pick you and your luggage for another 15min walk on the beach to reach the resort.
2) Prices are way too high for accommodation when we compared to other resorts in town. No breakfast is included, no complementary water available and the prices for any product is 3-4 times higher than what you can find in town (20-30 min away), they are really taking advantage of the fact that you are somehow far from the main town. This is the reason why we never ate there.
3) Prices for the island hopping activities are 2 x higher than what you can find in town. We found this a clear rip-off as the activities are the same; there are three main distinct tours that all agencies organize in the same way.
4) The location is outside El Nido, you might think that this is good being a quiet place, however, you don’t go to El Nido to relax, you go to visit and do island hopping / snorkeling / diving, therefore you are dependent of being close to major attraction points, port, center, etc. You need to add 2 x 150PHP each day to go in town and come back.
DO NOT FORGET
1) To withdraw enough PHP! Credit cards are not common in El Nido, there are only a handful of restaurants that accept CC payment.
2) To arrange before your arrival with the resort to come and pick you up from the point the tricycle leaves you
3) Sunlotion, your mask and fins and a lot of fun :)
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your Las Cabanas Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Cabanas Beach Hotel El Nido
- Las Cabanas Beach Resort El Nido, Palawan Island