“Great location but owner-Dan has poor people skills.”

Las Cabanas Beach Resort
Ranked #16 of 108 Specialty Lodging in El Nido
“Great location but owner-Dan has poor people skills.”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I was quoted for a suite including extra mattress. When I got to the resort I met with the owner who also manage the resort. He was charging me extra for extra mattress. Which wasn't a big deal but this dude talk too much. I felt not welcome on my 5 mins of stay. I would like to leave but I already pay the tricycle driver to get there plus I had to hike for 15mins.

As soon as I got the our room I needed to use the restroom. I was disappointed because there is no soap.

The room are basic room with electric fan. If you are a light sleeper like myself I do not recommend sharing room with more than 2 people. The floor is made of bamboo so you can hear it when someone walks.

• Stayed October 2012
5 Thank iExploreDworld

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Ulsan, Ulsan, South Korea
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Las Cabanas is an amazing place to stay! I was there about a month ago with my girlfriend and it was perfect. Las Cabanas has a wonderful staff, great food, awesome beach, cold beer and perfect lodging! Everyone went out of their way to make sure we had a great time. One of the nights the owner even helped us arrange a private music performance with some really neat traditional music. Excellent place to stay! Were going back for sure!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I' ve just spent 5 days a las Cabanas in April 2012 and I particurlarly fell sad and sick when I remember this dificult situation ; I never met an owner in a tourism establishement, so rude, so violent with his customers especially in a very nice place where normally, everybody feels quiet and in peace.

I have been the victim of this person : he is Canadian, he shares his life with a Philipine woman as rude as him ; I have been completely traumatized and I don't encourage any tourist to go there even though if the place is pleasant and quiet.

Since I am travelling more than 25 years, nobody never insulted me like he did and I am still wondering the cause of his angry.

In fact, it's just physical, the first time he saw me, he hated me.
As an example, once we spent slep less night du to his aggressive atitude, I was scared to be hit by him.
Last point, there were flees in the bed and we had a lot of spots accordingly.
When I came back to France, I immediately consulted TRIP Advisor, and I found out that other tourists have been victims of this disgusting and infamous person too.

It's a shame because without this guy, I will advice to stay in this pleasant and quiet resort but in conclusion I will not recommend to get there, the risk being too high.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
20 Thank prune p
Beijing, China
Reviewed May 18, 2012

The location is beautiful, the surrounding is perfect and the rooms are clean. Although the owner is penny wise and pound foolish. The prices are really too expensive for what you get! That fact we knew already upfront, only what we did not knew is that the owner is squeezing all their guests till the limit. And we noticed that until we received the final bill. Some examples: 1) Breakfast is included, they serve the breakfast at the beach and afterwards you are charged extra for eating at the beach (5 euro per day per person) 2) when you book a boat trip (very expensive one), lunch is included (27 euro per person for fish and plain white rice), and afterwards they also charge you also extra the drinks and snorkeling gear. 3) only on periods that the guests are sleeping or out for dinner they turn on the electricity.

We decided not to argue with the owner, because both have an aggressive and passionate attitude. We enjoyed being in El Nido, but around the corner of Las Cabanas you pay 1/3 of the price and even just as beautiful

Room Tip: The prices at the Bar of cabanas is twice as much as their neighbors, make sure that your booking is...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
13 Thank Cathy_769
cebu
Reviewed May 12, 2012

we booked our stay in Las cabanas a month before our stay. so we had to search for reviews regarding this place. yet, we found out that there are people telling about this place about bed bugs and some other stuffs. BUT, when we reached there, we were mesmerized by the place. it was very pleasant, peaceful, away from the crowd, private and a happy place to stay! the people there were so accommodating, they treated us so special! at BHING, the owner treated us like acquaintances, i think more than that. she gave us the comfort our family needed. they lead us to our cabana. it was very nice, especially the CR. hands-up. and you know what? no bed bugs found. NOT A THING! it was very clean indeed. the staffs will regularly clean our cabana everyday. though we only stayed there for 3d/2n. ate bhing is very great, she is very negotiable. like, when we hopped to islands, she gave us discounts but even if she did gave us, our access to amenities were so great that it felt like no discounts were given. there are foreigners who complained about their stay to other cottages or to the other resorts, but they eventually found comfort in LAS CABANAS! the place is very great, the sunset can be seen in this place, no people from the bayan roaming around, no bankas parked in the shore and a super white sand beach. just a perfect place for a perfect holiday! plus, the food cooked especially by ate bhing is very great! a taste that can capture your heart! it is a place different to those in the resorts that are congested in the bayan of EL NIDO.

if you want to check in to a resort that will give you the best of your budget, LAS CABANAS BEACH RESORT is the right and best place for you! :)

very worth it, indeed!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank lheezikong
Shanghai
Reviewed March 22, 2012

We spent a total of 7 nights in El Nido. The first nights we stayed at Las Cabanas and we experienced many positives and some negatives. I will list the points below, but to cut a long story short - (5 times!!) too expensive for what you get, but great if you really want privacy, no noise, no people bothering you and close to the best beach around El Nido.

Positive:

* Great food and big, big portions (food is included in the price). Unfortunately it was full moon so not a lot of fish available - but the staff went out of its way to get crab and shrimps which were hands down the best seafood I have had in a while!

* Location is a 3 minute walk to the best beach around El Nido - the beach is a bit too rocky where the cabanas are located. Only 5 huts, so great privacy, small garden with every cabana and hardly any noise, light or anything bothering you.

* Great island tours - people leading the tours are extremely friendly (most friendly people I met in the Philippines). They went out beyond the call of duty while preparing our lunch and keeping an eye on us while we were snorkling in the different stops during the island hopping tours.

Negative:

* The huts do not offer any air-conditioning or hot water. The latter is not mentioned in the information they present and the water is quite cold, so something you really need to take into account. There is a small fan and when we went during a period aircon could be done without so we were lucky.

* The high prices they charge compared to the other villas/resorts are not justified. The service and limited facilities do not justify prices 5x higher than the surrounding 'resorts'.

* Bed bugs!!

* Drinks are expensive (and not included in the price).

Summary:
The beach around the property is definitely the best beach to go to around El Nido. Staying down town in the village is horrible, but there are many other alternatives which are better value for money. We stayed our other 3 nights at Stunning Vista's at 1/5th of the price (!!), with aircon, hot water and WIFI. We then walked 10 minutes to the beach and had lunch at Las Cabanas and dinner in El Nido town - best of all worlds!

Room Tip: Ask for one of the two beach cabanas - they are standing alone - the garden cabanas are attached to...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Teuntravel
Oslo
Reviewed March 3, 2012

Las Cabañas is truly paradise on earth! After a hard period in life this place is the best medicine for your soul. Your privacy is well respected although the best service is just around the corner when needed. Their are no rules due to when you "have" to have your meals... We had our breakfast and dinner served on our own porch overlooking the crystal clear water every day exactly when we wanted. Food lover as i am i can promise you an gastronomical treat at every new bite.

The location is amazing and the effort and hard work that Bing has put together to designe the atmosphere around the resort is just a joy to se. The couple that are the owners of this paradise resort are a lovely couple with colourful personalitys and a big portion of life experience. Listening to their storys gives you knowledge and laughter, they are helpful and welcoming people that opened up their home making us feel like friends. Their staff are all amazing and kind people that i will always remember.

If you are looking for high tec, rooms with monster AC, flatscreen tv´s and wifi then stay at home or shoose another place because this is simple island life at it´s best. A clean and healthy getaway from everyday life.

Thank you Mam B & Sir D with staff hope to see you soon!

Bella Sweden & Mads Norway