“Recommended Dive Center in Palawan”
Review of Palawan Divers

Palawan Divers
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Palawan Divers is a PADI 5 Star Dive Resort® opened in 2002. Over the years, we trained and certified hundreds of divers and led thousands of dives. We offer PADI scuba diving courses and cater to certified divers wanting to explore Bacuit Bay with daily guided dives. Committed in your comfort and quality service, you can expect the focused and undivided attention of our team.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Stroller parking
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Jerome the manager was very helpful, months before we even arrived! He's always quick to reply to email, giving ideas and answering questions for whatever you want to know about El Nido.

The best thing about the Dive Center was definitely the excellent customer service. Glaidy at the counter was always helpful with keeping my stuff while I go diving, and I always got everything back. The DM and instructors were great; I had a great experience on my first night dive in West Entalula. The dive center was clean and big, with comfy seats for logging dives or just waiting for your diver friends. First class.

The boathands were especially awesome! They look after your diving preparation, helping you gear up and making sure that everything is clicked on ( I tend to often forget to do my chest strap). They'd even make you coffee if you need on after your dive!

Overall it was an excellent experience. Would dive with Palawan Diver again and again.

PalawanDivers, Manager at Palawan Divers, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2014

Hello Fizz,

Thanks for writing such a good review. We always do our best to accommodate our guests properly. Our team is always committed in be pleasant and helpful to you! I hope to see you again in El Nido or in Kuala Lumpur ;)

Reviewed May 20, 2014

Book with Palawan divers before you arrive in El Nido. We have dived across the world -- this shop gets top marks all the way around. The shop is comfortable and professional. The dive master working with us was excellent. Again, very professional. While we had a new beginner with two advanced divers in our group of friends, the dive master worked with us to get in some very nice diving in. The rental equipment was new and clean. The boat staff even carried, cleaned, and stored our personal gear so we did not have to lug it back to our hotel each day.

You can pay your environmental reef fees along with your diving. At the end of our stay, we had some trouble with payment due to credit card machines being down. Jerome set me up on Skype to call my US bank. When that wasn't the issue, he set up a pay pal invoice for me to pay later. Fantastic service.

I HIGHLY suggest the night dive. The seahorses were plentiful and truly amazing.

I mentioned booking ahead because we saw many walk ins turned away as the shop was fully book over the holiday.

1  Thank Mary P
PalawanDivers, Manager at Palawan Divers, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

Hello Mary,

Thanks for writing this nice review. I remember you very well! It's easy to provide good service and to be helpful when you have kind divers like you. We do our best to accommodate people as well as possible. So, I hope to see you again around for our new trips.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

I was a divemaster trainee with Palawan Divers for 10weeks from Feb to Apr and saw the operations that goes on behind the scenes. PD is one of the most established diveshop in little el nido town, the manager Jerome brings his french attention-to-detail to run the operation in a very smooth and professional manner. What i really appreciate is that there is no pressure sales tactics, Jerome and all the staff always give honest opinions and advices for diving depending on the level of the diver. PD places diver safety as the top priority while always going the extra mile to keep guests happy - i remember one time the weather was so bad the last dive had to be canceled, and we came back to the diveshop with cakes, cookies and hot coffee waiting for us - how loving is that!

It was an awesome experience being part of the PD family, everyone from the giggly boat crew to the divemasters and instructors channel an amazing amount of positivity and professionalism in their work. The filipino laughter is so infectious there is never a bad day on the boat with the crew. I am particularly inspired by my instructor Maija (she speaks almost all languages except chinese) who is an extremely patient and talented teacher. She makes anyone feel at ease with her underwater with undivided attention and flair for explaining confusing dive theories, her dry Finnish humour is a bonus. And do not miss diving with Dhoy the seahorse master!

And adding to that, the pristine reefs and rich marine biodiversity of bacuit bay, el nido has cast its magic on me. bring me back to el nido!!!!

Hello Angie,

Thanks for your complete and kind review. You have been an excellent fellow during your DM course. In a way, it's like reviewing yourself :) I really hope seeing you again in our new diving trips coming next year.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

After a disappointing experience with another top-rated dive shop in El Nido, I was sceptical to try this one. Still, my friends and I decided to check out Palawan Divers and we had very good impressions since.

First of all, I think Palawan Divers has the best-looking shop in El Nido. The area is big, clean and airy with a very welcoming atmosphere. This is a nice change since many of the dive shops I checked before this were either small and cramped or dark and dingy -- not really places you'd trust your safety with if they can't even maintain their premises.

Second, Jerome, the owner/manager of PD, personally attended to us and even offered to make us coffee while we filled out our papers and fitted our gears. He was also knowledgeable when we asked him questions about the dive areas and possible conditions of the dives. This is a personal touch we truly appreciated as customers.

Third, they really value safety. The water current became unfavourable toward the end. For everyone's safety, they decided to cancel the third dive that day. To me, this speaks volumes about how much they prioritise safety over making money. The crew on board were also very attentive and helpful, especially when divers get in and out of water.

Fourth, the instructors/divemasters are very professional. You can tell in the way they give briefings or reminders. Noki, our divemaster, was funny and very good at pointing out marine animals underwater. He was also very thorough when we got back to the shop after the dives - making sure we logged the correct highlights/details in our dive logs.

Lastly, we actually had fun on our 'fun dives'. All the staff and crew interacted with the divers and this set a good rapport among everyone on the boat. We enjoyed the delicious lunch prepared for us, which was a variety of noodles, grilled chicken, curry, vegetables, fresh fruits and coconut juice. We also passed along a cookie jar and munched on cookies from one dive destination to the next.

Overall, I felt safe and confident diving with Palawan Divers. Highly recommended!

2  Thank krukruk

Hello Krukuk,
First, you have a wonderful nickname :)
Second, thanks a lot for such a complete review. It's amazing to have so many details about Palawan Divers operation, facilities and quality service. You have also spotted our main concern : safety. Before providing fun, our staff is really committed on safety. Afterwards, reading that we welcome properly our divers is a great bonanza. I hope to see you again in El Nido!
Regards,

Reviewed March 23, 2014

I can really recommend Palawan Divers. I just completed my PADI open water course whilst my wife did her refresher training having qualified a few years ago. On the advice of the proprietor, Jerome, I did the theory section of the training online before arriving in El Nido, so was able to get on with diving on day one. Jerome can advise on how to do this.

The school is really well run. The instructors, mainly Filipinos, are all highly experienced and delightfully passionate about diving and sharing their knowledge. My instructor, Daniel, was very patient and fun, but also rigorous in ensuring I had mastered each skill before moving on. The school is very efficient and the equipment was all new and well maintained. Every attention is given to safety and comfort. The boat used is a classic Palawan outrigger, able to negotiate the shallows and very steady, so a great dive platform.

Lunches are provided on board and consisted of freshly barbecued chicken, shrimps, crab and seasonal fruits as well as vegetarian options. The dive sites were magical - I saw pristine corals, a turtle and innumerable fish.

All in all, I cannot recommend Palawan divers enough and if I get the chance to return for my Advanced course, I would snap it up!

1  Thank TomJABaker
PalawanDivers, Manager at Palawan Divers, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Hello Tom,

First, thanks for your nice and complete review. We are waiting for both of you for you Advanced Diver course! You will be welcome.
Thanks again,