“Fantastic experience”

Palawan Divers
Ranked #2 of 59 Tours in El Nido
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Palawan Divers is a PADI 5 Star Dive Resort® opened in 2002. Over the years, we trained and certified hundreds of divers and led thousands of dives. We offer PADI scuba diving courses and cater to certified divers wanting to explore Bacuit Bay with daily guided dives. Committed in your comfort and quality service, you can expect the focused and undivided attention of our team.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Stroller parking, Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I can really recommend Palawan Divers. I just completed my PADI open water course whilst my wife did her refresher training having qualified a few years ago. On the advice of the proprietor, Jerome, I did the theory section of the training online before arriving in El Nido, so was able to get on with diving on day one. Jerome can advise on how to do this.

The school is really well run. The instructors, mainly Filipinos, are all highly experienced and delightfully passionate about diving and sharing their knowledge. My instructor, Daniel, was very patient and fun, but also rigorous in ensuring I had mastered each skill before moving on. The school is very efficient and the equipment was all new and well maintained. Every attention is given to safety and comfort. The boat used is a classic Palawan outrigger, able to negotiate the shallows and very steady, so a great dive platform.

Lunches are provided on board and consisted of freshly barbecued chicken, shrimps, crab and seasonal fruits as well as vegetarian options. The dive sites were magical - I saw pristine corals, a turtle and innumerable fish.

All in all, I cannot recommend Palawan divers enough and if I get the chance to return for my Advanced course, I would snap it up!

1  Thank TomJABaker
PalawanDivers, Manager at Palawan Divers, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Hello Tom,

First, thanks for your nice and complete review. We are waiting for both of you for you Advanced Diver course! You will be welcome.
Thanks again,

in 6 reviews
"days diving"
"dive school"

Reviewed March 14, 2014

I was quite nervous about diving again after 6 years but the staff here were patient, professional, enthusiastic, helpful, caring and got me back in to diving again. My boyfriend did his OW course with Victor and I was with his Swedish girlfriend (possibly Mya?!). These guys were amazing. She taught me how to control my buoyancy and now I have no problems, before I was all over the place and she explained everything so well. After our second dive we came up to the most amazing food. The corals are in pretty good condition as well and we saw a reef shark on our last dive. They also pointed out loads of other species of interest. I have since dived with guides who couldn't care less and it makes me realise how lucky we were to come to this dive school and meet these people. They are absolute gems.

1  Thank Jenkaroo
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Myself and my girlfriend wanted to go diving in El Nido, and had read the reviews on Tripadvisor, so decided to use Palawan Divers. We were not disappointed, we were briefed, and went diving, and were very well looked after. Our dive Master (Jok) showed us points of interest, such as scorpion fish, cuttle fish, Turtles etc. We found the equipment, whilst not brand new, was in good condition, and the food served was very good.
We would definitely recommend this company if you are in El Nido.

2  Thank ManuPhil78
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I got my open water dive certificate from Palawan Divers. The instructor is very experienced and the staff on the boat very helpful. I completed the course with my friend in two days but I felt a little rushed. I wish I was given the option to learn the skills in 3 days so I would feel a bit more comfortable, but overall, the instructions were effective and I had a great learning and diving experience.

2  Thank Louise L