“Went back three times!”

Big Bad Thai Bistro & Bar
Ranked #10 of 193 Restaurants in El Nido
Description: Taking all the rich flavors from Thai cuisine, Big Bad Thai Bistro & Bar offers classic and authentic Thai dishes. Situated in the middle of town with an impeccable view of the beach and bay, our roof top lounge and second floor dining area are perfect for a couples night out or for groups of friends. We're more than happy to accommodate for alternative diets and lifestyles as best as we can, as we believe everybody should be able to enjoy great authentic Thai food. Using both locally sourced fresh produce and ingredients and spices imported from Thailand for authenticity, our menu has be meticulously put together by our Thai head chef to bring you the greatest Thai dishes.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Much of El Nido was a disappointment for me. But at the end of the day, at least I was able to enjoy some authentic Thai food. Friendly staff. I liked the view from their outdoor patio. One of the few places you can eat without being eaten by sand flys.

1  Thank chrstphrdavis
Write a reviewReviews (423)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Perfect place to eat some Asian food! The dishes had a good amount and the taste was delicious. I would recommend this place.

2  Thank LoveTravel773291
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

From the moment you walk in, you are greeted by the wonderful staff. I definitely recommend arriving early as this place is quite busy... but nevertheless, they have always found a table to accommodate me and my friends. The food is amazing and cooked authentically by a Thai chef in the kitchen - you can actually see them hard at work upstairs on the rooftop terrace. The drinks are also great and ever-changing! Every year, I get to try a new one they've invented.

All this to say, that I have visited El Nido three years in a row and have never not stopped to get food at Big Bad Thai. So much so, I've recommend it to EVERYONE who visits El Nido as a "must eat". Can't wait to come back for more cashew chicken and pad thai!

Date of visit: December 2019
1  Thank christinadmtl
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I had Pad Thai, Spring Rolls and Red Massala! All veggie and very delicious! They are fast and friendly!

2  Thank L4237IVlisaa
Reviewed January 8, 2020 via mobile

We entered the restaurant with high hopes for an authentic Thai meal however left disappointed. The yellow chicken curry had no flavour, all you could taste was immediate heat from chilli. The cashew nut chicken came out with a weird greasy texture, I think they had mixed a lot of butter with it which had solidified once meeting room temperature. This meal wasn’t great, we didn’t finish the food... I also thought it was stingy of the establishment not to provide free drinking water like everywhere else, you had to our purchase bottled water. We won’t be returning here while in el nido, I don’t understand the high rating on trip advisor.

Please note that this negative review is based solely on the food Served as the service was impeccable.