“Very overrated !”
Review of Artcafe

Artcafe
Ranked #6 of 119 Restaurants in El Nido
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Artcafe is a popular restaurant, opens the doors early morning for breakfast with the best homemade bread, Yogurt, Swiss Muesli etc. It's a good hangout anytime of the day to have a bite or a coffee, a fruit shake, a cocktail or a sumptious meal, book a tour or a ticket. At night the place lights up, live music begins and you can enjoy delicious international specialities and a great variation of salads that are grown on their own organic farm or enjoy a good glass of wine and meet people at the Bar. Wifi - Book exchange - Foreign exchange - Travel & Tour booking desk - Rentals of Kayaks, Paddle boards and Snorkel gear - General Sales Agent for El Nido Flights (Air Swift) - Airline ticketing - Van and Boat tickets - Up-to-date Information.
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Last March, my partner and I were travelling the Philippines (Luzon, Mindoro and Palawan) and we had a most delightful stay at El Nido Overlooking, a small resort in Corong-Corong. Since this wonderful resort has no restaurant we had to look for restaurants in El Nido. The first evening, trusting different reviews we decided to have dinner at ArtCafe... It turned out to be one of the worst dinner experiences in our 4 week travel. Service was mediocre if not poor. Genuine friendliness was nowhere around. And the food, unfortunately, was just as poor... I had the worst paella in ages. Overboiled rice, hardly any taste, in one word : waste of money... After the meal we checked some of their excursions, discovering they were catering really large groups of people on one trip. Not our cup of tea. If you like mass tourism, average food (and music, which was loud and poor quality that night), you'll enjoy this place. Maybe we hit a bad night, with a poor band and the cook having a day off, but we decided to not return to Art Cafe anymore. The next days we had delicious meals at nearby La Salangane and La Mezzanine. Fortunately...

Write a ReviewReviews (2,076)

Reviewed August 16, 2014

We chose this place because of its name, as it was once the main meeting point for travelers in El Nido.

We ordered three dishes, tried them, and right after just asked for the bill (expensive), because neither of us could eat a second bite. We ended up having a decent lunch in another restaurant.

I ArtCafe, the dishes were oily and the raw material was the worst we had during our 10 days in El Nido. The waitress even told us their seafood was frozen, which is unbelievable in a place were fishing is part of the daily life.

Reviewed August 15, 2014

A very nice and cozy place. Food is great, price is reasonable, ambiance is A+, a must visit when you go to El Nido, and one thing I really like? The owner is amazing (very warm and accommodating to her guests, Filipino at heart)

1  Thank Marec171983
Reviewed August 14, 2014

I was in El Nido for a short 3 hours, before I left me and a friend stopped at ArtCafe for a bite. The staff were extra friendly. Especially Noralyn who had a great smile, and suggestions on what to try. I had the kinilaw and I loved it! The pizza was delicious as well. When I visit the Philippines I'll go back there for sure.

1  Thank Luevanojoey
Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

Charming place with live band and serve delicious but overpriced foods. Must try their pizzas and mango shakes.

Servers need to be re-trained to show some initiatives especially so when this place is such a magnet for westerners.

pawikan66, Owner at Artcafe, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2014

Thank you for your short review.
We shall take your suggestion serious and do our best to improve Service and hope in your next visit you will not feel it.
We are pleased that you enjoyed the delicious food and find our place charming.
Rest assured that we do our best to have fair and competitive prices. We are using only the best ingredients and quality is our priority (tasty Mango shake etc.)

Enjoy your travels and hope one day you will visit Artcafe again.