“Birthday and Mother's Day Meal”
Review of Artcafe

Artcafe
Ranked #17 of 125 Restaurants in El Nido
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Description: Artcafe is a popular restaurant, opens the doors early morning for breakfast with the best homemade bread, Yogurt, Swiss Muesli etc. It's a good hangout anytime of the day to have a bite or a coffee, a fruit shake, a cocktail or a sumptious meal, book a tour or a ticket. At night the place lights up, live music begins and you can enjoy delicious international specialities and a great variation of salads that are grown on their own organic farm or enjoy a good glass of wine and meet people at the Bar. Wifi - Book exchange - Foreign exchange - Travel & Tour booking desk - Rentals of Kayaks, Paddle boards and Snorkel gear - General Sales Agent for El Nido Flights (Air Swift) - Airline ticketing - Van and Boat tickets - Up-to-date Information.
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We went here for two celebratory dinner ---- birthday and mother's day. There was a band playing, which is funny because we saw that same guys playing in another bar fronting the beach --- far from ArtCafe.

We had pancit, seafood curry and pasta. I think i had too much of the mussels in the curry (or maybe its not their food), got sick the next day. :( Loved their pansit, yes pansit for birthday. Hahaha.

Location and ambience is nice. Servers are attentive. Its almost a one stop shop, but they dont have mail services when I asked downstairs (their souvenir all in one shop) after getting a postcard. :) They arrange bus and island tours as well.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,158)

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Originally we were reluctant to visit the place as we have spent some time (maybe too much) reading previous TA reviews and thought the management replies were too defending, almost aggressive and didn't really seem to take on board any criticism.

Anyway, I am really happy we visited.

We actually went there on our first night as I just wanted to eat some normal food in a clean place and this was the place! Then, for the next 4 days in El Nido we visited at least twice a day, either for breakfast, lunch, dinner, drinks or all of it! We couldn't really start our day unless we had breakfast on their terrace. We only cheated once and had breakfast across the street, not nice :(.

We had a great time on their terrace, staff are really friendly and helpful, I really liked them! Could be because I went there all biased by the reviews I have read and was so pleasantly surprised.

Food was not out of this world but it was tasty, yes, some tomatoes weren't ripe, but that's the case everywhere in the Philippines and yes, the wi-fi might be very slow at times, but it's free and hard to get by in El Nido and there are so many people using it at the same time.

I loved their basil mojito, it was just brilliant. One time I thought they forgot to add the alcohol to the mix and mentioned it to the waitress. She came back with a very strong cocktail (to shut me up :)) which my husband finished for me as he was afraid it might knock me out :))

It is the only "proper" restaurant in El Nido.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

I loved the ambiance of this place - It really did give off that artsy vibe. The food was good and the staff accommodating. :)

1  Thank monica_rize1
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Very good food, although a tad pricey at approx 300-400p per meal. Service ok. Music ok. Not really that arty.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

The staff were really accommodating and the food was really nice. We ordered the Artcafe pizza, seafood pasta, and a couple others I don't remember. But, what I remember is that the area was really chill, spacious and clean. Our bill came to P1,500. Not bad.

Throughout our dinner, this guy was playing a local version of a piano and it helped make the mood more "Bohemian."

It's a good place to just sit down, take a sip of coffee/beer and relax.