Tripadvisor
El Nido
All reviews breakfast and dinner the cottages walk along the beach las cabanas beach tide insects
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed in January in the hotel and was the best hotel we could have chosen- the views are spectacular, it’s quite and you can spend whole day on the beach, hammock or cayacking to other beaches, snorkeling.... If you want a romantic vacation- this is the right place. Dinners are in an European style and very delicious. Staff is great

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 9, 2020 via mobile

We spend Christmas and New Year’s there.
Beautiful location
Food and service are average.
Nice staff
Electricity only at night
Trips Included (island hopping)
20 - 25 min of walk away from las cabanas beach.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed November 15, 2019 via mobile

The location is very suggestive and romantic. The problem is management. Cleanliness: I stayed at Dolarog for 7 nights and the first three days I was not cleaned the room. Same sheets same towels and on the third day also failed toilet paper. Once asked for explanations we were told that we would have to hand over the keys in the morning to have the room cleaned. Upon our arrival no one had told us about this thing. After clarifying the situation our room has always been clean. Food: very good food cooked daily. In our package was included breakfast with 6 different proposals, too bad that for SEVEN days I asked for mango pancakes and I was always told that the mango was not present. The food prices are good and the price quality is okay. Transportation: The only way to reach the resort is with a free Dolarog boat at times prederiniti from them, but never respected. Or you have to take a walk along the beach of 25 min (1km) which during the day despite the heat is pleasant, but in the evening it is impossible because of the high tide and the dark, the rocks do not help. If you would like to use the boat at extra times the cost is 1200 pesos, which are AUD$45 or 30€. Various problems: although I was aware that the resort was in the middle of nature we considered the presence of insects including in abundance, mosquitoes and ants. One night we happened a mouse in the room and the staff tried to capture him in different ways but with little results until to make us sleep serene, we were moved to another Cottege in the evening. At the end of my stay I can say that I do not recommend the place to families with children, perfect for couples or friends, but with short stays of a maximum of 3/4 nights.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank A7087YEchiarab
Reviewed April 25, 2019 via mobile

Looks like beautiful outside , but nothing incredible , expensive for the room and the aminities. No one is here for guive you a good services !! If you want to go in town it’s relly expensive with the boat. They have other place really better !

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Noé L
Reviewed April 8, 2019

Hotel only accessible by hotel ran speed boat. If you aren't using this service (which is free until 5pm) then you have to have walked back across the beach (15mins+) before it gets dark.

We stayed for 5 nights, we originally booked the cheapest room but this wasn't amazing and air conditioning didn't work.

We paid an additional 100GBP to be upgraded to one of the cottages instead which are significantly better.

The two girls providing the service in the hotel are lovely and couldn't be faulted.

The food was of a good standard but do not expect fine dining.

When we stayed there was nobody in the kitchen during the hours of the day. Therefore the only food available in the hotel were the breakfast and dinner options which are included in the price.

The hotel runs free island hopping tours to their guests and this was great as it was just the two of us and the boat staff. A great freebie.

Hotel has wonderful views from the beach and dock.

If you aren't looking to visit el nido and are happy for a quiet stay in the hotel with your own company then this hotel is absolutely perfect.

I said I didn't want seafood when arriving and the hotel tailored the set menu's around my preference.

Room tip: book the cheapest room and pay for an upgrade when you arrive. cheaper to book a nicer room direct.
Date of stay: March 2019