“Fun stay at palawan”

Add it.
Balayong Pension
Ranked #260 of 378 Palawan Island B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We stayed here when we went to Palawan last April 2012. Here are my comments based on what I remember of my experience of my stay here:

ROOM: We stayed in two rooms in Balayong, one for 3 persons (my uncle's family wanted a separate room for themselves) and a dorm type room enough for 6 persons. I stayed in the dorm-type room along with 3 other people (my aunt, my mom and my brother). First of all, the room was satisfactory in size but there were only four of us in the room so... The bunk beds were very sturdy but we all wanted to claim the lower bunk. My mom was too slow that she was forced to choose one of the top bunks instead. What she did was get the foam bed from the top deck and placed it on the floor. Second, other than the bunk beds, there was a wooden closet/table in the room, a mirror, a table, two monobloc chairs, TV and aircon. We also have or own bathroom. We don't watch much TV but from what I remember, they don't have cable. The aircon was okay. The room has a window but the view was the neighborhood at the back of the pension. The pension has wifi but the connection was very poor (and our room was right next to the router). Over-all the room looked, smelled and felt clean. They don't do room service.

BATHROOM: It was clean but the sink looked like it was about to fall off of the wall. They have hot and cold shower which was a big plus. They gave us towels but that was it. No other bathroom amenities like shampoo or soap but we don't use hotel/hostel given soap and shampoo anyway so that was okay with us.

STAFF: The staff was very accommodating. I think I heard that the owner of this pension was Hagedorn's brother so I guess to not tarnish the image of Hagedorn, you really must have friendly staff. The receptionist (I forgot her name) was always very helpful regarding our breakfast arrangements, especially when we went for the Honda Bay tour and we have to leave the pension at around 6am. They packed up our breakfast ahead of time for us to eat on the way. They also helped us reserve for the Honda Bay tour (Thank you very much for entertaining my Aunt's never-ending questions!).

BREAKFAST: I think the breakfast was free (I never asked if it was included in the pay for our stay as I was not the one paying). It was very basic and you only have 2 choices per day, e.g. hotsilog or cornsilog, but the choices changes per day. You can choose whether you want to have coffee or choco drink (Ovaltine). The longganisa they served was sweet but very delicious.

AREA: It was close to the airport, the market (where you can buy your pasalubong at lower prices than the airport or other souvenir shops in Puerto Princesa), Baker's Hill, the City Hall, known restaurants like Kinabuch. All of them are just a tricycle ride or a multicab ride away. There is also a convenience store right in front of the pension if you want to buy some snacks for your stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Sir Brooke's Resort
Sir Brooke's Resort
#1 of 1 in Brooke's Point
Microtel by Wyndham Puerto Princesa
Microtel by Wyndham Puerto Princ...
#6 of 50 in Puerto Princesa
Grande Vista Hotel
Grande Vista Hotel
#47 of 50 in Puerto Princesa

Been to Balayong Pension? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Balayong Pension

Address: Balayong Pension 29 Roxas St., Palawan Island 5322, Philippines
Location: Philippines > Mimaropa > Palawan Province > Palawan Island
Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Airport Transportation
Ranked #260 of 378 B&Bs / Inns in Palawan Island
Hotel Class:2 star — Balayong Pension 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Balayong Pension reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.