“No lights? Really?”

Ranked #268 of 358 Restaurants in Palawan Island
Iloilo City, Philippines
“No lights? Really?”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We had to find a hotel to stay at that could get us a pass for the underground river. Poor planning on our part - we did not realize how far in advance you need to get the permit. Well it turns out my girlfriends cousin/aunt/somebody runs the Taraw hotel.

When we arrived I was hoping for a shower to freshen up after the long van ride. Well, being a standard Philippine hotel the cr in our room was pretty nasty (cr - comfort room - restroom). There was no light and when I asked about it they said the power stays off until 6 PM. No. I mean no light bulb. Not on the porch, the bedroom, or the cr! So they get us bulbs, and bring a fan. But we can't use them until 6 PM. As soon as we got to sleep they turned the power back off (around 11PM?) so no fan! Are you freaking serious? You better have a flashlight for any after hours bathroom visits ha ha!

The food we had at the restaurant was pretty good. But if you ever saw the "cheese shop" skit on Monty Python you know how the menu works. You ask for something and they tell you no. Ask for something else... no. Pizza? Well... it is on the menu but it will take me an hour to make it - do you really want it? Ok, not for lunch how about I order it at lunchtime for dinner? Well... I really won't have time to make it. Then why is it on the menu?

And to add insult to injury when we got home they called us to say they undercharged us for the meals and we had to send them another p1,000.

Beautiful location, fair hotel, lousy service. The only reason I rated this as highly as I did was because the view of the beach is spectacular. But I won't stay there again.

• Visited April 2013

Chicago
“Great view, good food”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

As part of a Palawan tour we had lunch at this restaurant. We had a great view over the water and the seafood lunch was very good. Service was acceptable.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank gonezen
Palawan Island, Philippines
“Worth to eat. (when there is no choice)”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I dont know how to have a review at this restaurant. . After our tour at the underground river, we headed to taraw restaurant to have some lunch. Buffet was set with variety of filipino food. The food tasted good like the adobo and the pork chop. The soup was tasteless. Free softdrinks. Vendors were allowed to sell their products while your eating. Staff are not that friendly. One was always speaking how honest he is. I don't care about your honesty sir.

1 Thank Advisor6893
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Budget Buffet Lunch”
Reviewed October 8, 2012 via Local Picks

The buffet lunch was included in the price of Underground river trip from Puerto Princesa
Food was ok if basic (cheaper fatty meats used) But by the time we arrived everyone was hungry so would eat almost anything.
Food was plentiful and replenished regularly.

Quezon City, Philippines
“Foods from Heaven!!!”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I super enjoyed the buffet lunch here though it's simple but the taste is heaven. I really don't know the price of it since it is included in our package but you will know that they put their hearts on their foods. I super like the chicken adobo and the soup (it was tinola but they used buko juice instead of water). The taste is original which i haven't tasted before and truly foods from heaven..We also got to taste "TAMILOK". The place is simple but very relaxing!!

• Visited June 2012