“'' Beautiful Resort and Excellent Service"”

and 1 more site!
Oceana Beach Resort
Ranked #46 of 52 Hotels in Puerto Galera
singapore
“'' Beautiful Resort and Excellent Service"”
Reviewed July 20, 2011

Under new management but it's really relaxing and very quite We really want to come back here again and stay. Beautiful people.....We recommend it to all our friends all over the world!!!Go Oceana We'll see you all Cristmas Time!!! Love it Love it...

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank ellesingapore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed July 11, 2011

Place: 20 minutes away from Muelle port, 25 minutes away from the hub of White Beach life and 25 minutes away from the bustling night life of Sabang, Oceana Beach Resort is an almost perfect get-away. though the resort was undergoing a lot of renovations, noise was so minimal it did not disturb the peace and quite we sought from the hustle and bustle of everyday city life. the lawns were landscaped and carpeted with lush greenery (a little trimming might do some good though). pool was not that big but it served its purpose without a hitch so we had much fun using it. the deck chairs were comfortable especially for reading or just lazing around or having your suntan. we also enjoyed having our suntan at the sandy volley court with comfortable deck chairs while reading or just gazing at the ocean or passing small bancas.

there was also a mini library where you can borrow books during your stay, a lounge area with big sofa chairs where you can sit and relax and sip a cold drink from a wide choice of cocktail drinks from their mini bar.

Rooms: the cottage was spacious for two PAX though air-conditioning unit was a little on the old side and can emit a not-so pleasant noise. the small balcony was a perfect place to relax during the night where you can see the glimmering lights from the civilization of the other islands and the bobbing lights from the fishing boats, not to mention fishing trawlers. we also enjoyed a cable TV, the comfort of a big bed and lots and lots of pillows and the room had its own hot and cold shower.

Service: nothing beats Oceana in terms of services rendered. what service they can offer, they do it first class with you in mind. super great service especially given by the new owner Mr. Michael Cha and his resort manager Jenny Latap. so with Jenny's assistants Kat-kat and Rizza. personal accommodation given was really amazing.

Food: choices can be found in their menu and you can ask them for specially prepared food to your own specification. Michael and Jenny can go out of their way to cook for you personally with whatever your requests are.

Equipment: my partner loved playing table tennis with Michael who remained unbeaten until the time we said our goodbyes. beach volleyball was available. there were also two kayaks, one for double and one for single use. we enjoyed using the kayak exploring the coast and finding a good place to snorkel. Jenny can also arrange diving and snorkeling activities with only minimal fees as what she did with us.

hopefully by the end of the year that badminton court/basketball court which was halfway into construction will be operational.

Beachfront: though a little rocky, we had a great time swimming during high tides as then the sand along the beach was covered by the water so we get to stand on it instead of the rocks from further down deep. but there's a good sandy beach a hundred or so yards away from the resort which was isolated and great for swimming.

a little improvement on their infrastructures, amenities and with additional equipment, Oceana Beach Resort will go a long way.

CHEERS to Michael and Jenny who really made our stay very comfortable and enjoyable. this really is a place you can call a home away from home.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Hazool
Reviewed May 3, 2011

My boyfriend and I planned to go to Puerto Galera. I was looking for a relaxing place near the beach, and I found this place via Tripadvisor. Our schedule was hectic, we had to visit his cousin near Baco near Calapan and 2 days after we had to go White Beach so I was looking for a resort between these locations before going to White Beach. Then I found this resort through Tripadvisor. I contacted this resort and Ms Jenny was very helpful. She was even concerned to text me asking where I was because at 2pm we were still on the road. When we arrived, welcome drinks were served and immediately showed us the room. The resort was very nice, Ms Jenny introduced us to the owner of the resort..they were very hospitable. It was like a second home from us! The place and the room were very clean. There's no tv in the room but it was fine because overall we enjoyed every minute of our stay. They even showed us the beach front cottages. As for our complimentary breakfast, they informed us that they are going to serve bangus and tocino..so I was expecting just a small portion of tocino and a small bangus..but no I was totally wrong, they served the biggest bangus I ever seen! Tocino, rice and egg..that type of serving was actually brunch for me :) My boyfriend fell in love with this place, this resort is a must try!! My boyfriend said that we can't go to Puerto Galera without visiting Ms Jenny and staying at Oceana! This place is already included in our next trip to Mindoro. We will try the beachfront cottage and hopefully their spa service! I strongly recommend this resort for couples,families and group of friends that are looking for some quality time and a relaxing ambiance!!thank you so much Ms Jenny :)

• Stayed May 2011
3 Thank Rica T
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed March 24, 2011

We stayed overnight at the resort's beach front cottage. I was with my husband and two little kids. Perfect service, beatiful resort! I would have given the resort a perfect rating had our room been equipped with a television and wifi coverage (although there was wifi coverage in the dining and pool areas). Still, overall, we very much enjoyed our stay and would definitely go back with our friends! :-) For a more detailed review and to view several pictures, you can go to http://www.graceinfullmeasure.com/2011/03/oceana-beach-resort.html.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank GraceInFullMeasure
Gold Coast, Aust
Reviewed October 24, 2010

We loved the family beach cottages right on the ocean. They were nice a clean with a great Pilipino style to make you relax. The kids loved being able to walk out the door to play on the beach or have a swim in the pool. Us adults enjoyed the hospitality, great bar selection and wonderful spa experiences. The staff were excellent and catered for all our family dietary needs.
We will be returning to this value for money resort with class.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank CherylMiller
Anaheim, California
Reviewed July 20, 2010

After researching for a decent beach resort, I came across Oceana Beach Resort. The general manager, Jenny, was SO helpful from beginning to end. I had a group of 11 people that I needed to take care of and Jenny really helped me to transport all of us from Manila to their place with ease. She also upgraded our whole group from the garden cottages to the beachfront ones for FREE! So let me break down the different things:

Service: Service did not waver one bit even though it was just the 11 of us at the resort. The personalized attention and hospitality of ALL the workers was amazing. The owner, Peter, was also around to make us feel at home. Our rooms were cleaned on the second day, and although the toiletries (shampoo and toilet paper) weren't restocked, they were promptly given when I asked for them at the front.

Location: This place is away from the loud, touristy White Beach area. You should definitely come here if you are looking for a quiet, secluded place away from vendors and loud music. It's a small island so it's not far from White Beach if you want to go for the day.

Rooms: The beachfront cottages were really clean and simple. The towels were so big and fluffy and there was HOT water! The little balcony was awesome to sit, relax, and stare at the ocean, which was a stone's throw away.

Food: AWESOME! Can't go wrong with anything they serve. Try the icy, corn drink. I'm not sure what was in it, but it was so good.

Grounds & equipment: Beautifully landscaped. You'll see occasional frogs jumping around. The pool was fun. They only had 1 usable kayak at the time which was fun, but it would've been nice if they had more because we had a group of 11.

All in all, I would definitely come back to this place if I ever go back to the Philippines. The location, service, PRICE and people were just so great. Thanks Oceana for a wonderful time!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank watergurl28
Shenzhen, China
Reviewed May 14, 2010

Probably the most relaxing, care-free, pampered vacation ever!
The owners, Peter and Julie, and their incredible manager, Jenny, and her staff, could not have possibly have done more to assure a perfect vacation. They anticipated most of what we wanted and had all sorts of other options. Snorkeling, our main interest, was amongst the best we have seen anywhere. The lunches they sent along were perfect. The resort is away from the noise and dirt of Puerto Galera and Sabang. When we needed to go, transportation was always arranged within minutes and, as most everything, very inexpensive.

Keep in mind this is a Philipine Island. The rooms and decor are simple, very clean and done with taste. We chose the beachfront cottage. The lighting in the bathrooms is actually better than the Four Seasons or the JW! The towels were amazing.

We ate out twice at highly recommended places. They were good, but the food at the resort was absolutely the best. Everything is purchased fresh daily. We told them to put golden handcuffs on their cook. Be sure to try their watermelon shake. if you're really a good guest, you could probably get Julie to buy fresh prawns, prepared so deliciously, one evening.

I took off my watch, plugged in my iPhone, and never touched them for the 8 days we stayed. A first for me!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple