“Far from the madding crowd...”

Sunset at Aninuan Beach Resort
Ranked #9 of 54 Hotels in Puerto Galera
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Sunset is a little patch of tranquillity just a short walk from the buzzing town of White Beach. I could have spent the whole holiday lounging on its private terrace and not have had a single thing to complain about. The rooms we had were clean and well-furnished, the food and cocktails were wonderful and the staff were so friendly and continually looking for ways to help and serve us. Also, contrary to a couple of the reviews below, we found Lexy - the manageress - to be incredibly sociable and hospitable. Thanks for making it the most relaxing holiday I've ever had!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank SirToby83

Reviewed March 10, 2012

This our second time at Sunset and it just keeps getting better. We were picked up by their driver at Muelle and greeted by the staff on arrival. It was like coming home or going to Cheers as everyone knows your name. We had stayed in the old section last May but this time they upgraded us to the newer wing and the room was wonderful, especially the view. This time we took our two children 20y son and 18 year daughter. They had the time of their lives.
The biggest change that we saw was the Scuba Diving portion of the resort had been significantly upgraded. The equipment was all new with onsite compressors and now with three PADI instructors they were able to accommodate my daughters Open Water course my sons Advanced course and my 2 dives a day with no problem.
The food was good the service at the restaurant is beyond compare. Where else can you walk on an empty beach for over a mile then return to have your favorite cocktails laid out for you.
Special thanks to Les, Lara, Gileen and Jenna in the restaurant; Meikie, Chris, Gavin and Jonny in the Scuba Shop and as always here’s to Lexy the hostess with the mostest.

PS.
I read some of the three trashy reviews below, all written by the same person. It is pretty low life when you come to a private resort for 1 night and try to sneak in all your friends. It is the lowest to then think that writing 3 reviews in a row will influence anyone with a brain.

Room Tip: All rooms face the beach with a great view. The newer section is better.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank LeyteJim
Reviewed March 9, 2012

My sister, my daughter and I just can't let go of a chance to unwind in our island of Mindoro with only the best, quietest and the most decent place to spend a weekend. It was my second time in Aninuan Beach Resort and yet the place never failed to offer its warmth in accommodating and assisting us throughout our stay.
Clean rooms tidied to every guest's meticulous spec; amenities accessible to all house guests; a quiet beach to linger in one's own reverie; and a bar to serve each one's gustatory taste were everything and more Aninuan Beach Resort could offer to anyone who only hopes for in a place like Puerto Galera.
Tourists, both local and foreign enjoyed the solitude of the place without having to worry of checking in right next to unscrupulous guests.
Although it may be that some souls during that Saturday night had the place to shake some of their "loose change" and prove their fat pockets's worth, the management was able to handle their puerile malfeasance with affability.
Guests should realize that Aninuan Beach Resort is "the wrong place to do the wrong thing."
Kudos to the management of this resort. We shall look forward to returning to this haven.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Angela F
Reviewed March 5, 2012

I wanted to love Sunset. The location is so great (no planes to catch to get there). White Beach on one side and Luca's on the other. What could be better? So a couple of months ago I went there but unfortunately it didn't meet my expectations. Now I've learned, after many years in the Philippines, that it is best not to expect too much (though things are rapidly improving) so even though I was very disappointed with Sunset I decided against writing a review. Then I read the 2 latest reviews and a bell rang!
My room was very tired, poorly-equipped and over-priced. The food was mediocre (the free, Continental breakfast, for example, consisted of 2 slices of stale, supermarket bread - lightly toasted - a knob of butter, half decent coffee in in a nice big mug, some unidentifiable jam and a choice of fruit or juice.) The other meals I had were not to be repeated but there's nowhere else nearby to go.
A word about the beach: It looks great from a short distance but it's actually well below the resort's terrace and disappears completely at high tide. So far so bad - especially when it comes to value for money!
Finally there's the owner whose name, I was told, is Lexy. As previously noted by other reviewers, she doesn't help matters. In my case she was totally uncommunicative (which, based on her reaction to complaints from the previous reviewers, is probably just as well!).

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
24  Thank JoshuaMMJ
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Tsk Tsk Aninuan Beach resort. Can you imagine, after upgrading our room from a simple twin sharing room to your most luxurious suite-- you could not even allow our guests to stay in the room while we were preparing for a night out? Plus you could not even accommodate our guests (though they were not booked at the hotel) to order beverages? I guess you really don't need the money. The only good thing about the resort was the bar staff who were very nice to us. By the way, you should have laundry bags for your rooms. i don't think you want your guests to hang their clothes by the balcony especially because your the most "high end" resort on the island. 12,000 a night plus your food cost us 16+++ for one night. I wouldn't mind staying in a cheaper resort if the owner is nicer than yours.

If you had a little class and did not appreciate outsiders to hangout at your resort, it would be nice if you could talk to use properly and not throw a tantrum-- turn your back and walk away saying that "you don't our money!". I guess you don't need money and that why you put a business?

To think that even in the most luxurious resorts in the world would love to have outsiders see their establishment, and you would not even make non-guests of the hotel enjoy a mango shake? Your resort must be a league on its own.

Kudos to you Aninuan Beach resort. Good luck to your wonderful "I don't need your money" business.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
23  Thank JLT T
Reviewed March 3, 2012

My family stayed for four nights. The people working at the hotel were friendly and helpful. The hotel is right on the beach, with lots of options for lounging about. It's a got a beach side bar, swimming pool and dive shop as well. It's also child-friendly. We took a hike into the forest down the Bogavilla Trail: http://www.patrick-cowsill.blogspot.com/2012/01/bogavilla-trail-aninuan-mindoro.html It's about ten minutes past the resort.

We'd definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: The new rooms at the far end are probably better.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Patrick C
Reviewed February 28, 2012

There are a wide range of rooms and rates, much more quiet than white beach. And the best amenities of the area, i came for a couple of days and stay over 2 weeks

1  Thank Lulozo