“Buri Beach Resort is the Best”
Review of Buri Resort & Spa

Buri Resort & Spa
Ranked #11 of 52 Hotels in Puerto Galera
Earth
“Buri Beach Resort is the Best”
Reviewed March 10, 2010

Recently had the pleasure of staying with the wonderful folks at the Buri Beach Resort. I found this place to be great place to relax and unwind. While it's no 5-star hotel, the service is second-to-none and you are well taken care of at this resort. It is small but the staff do a great job of making you feel like you are somebody, not like other large resorts.

The food was outstanding!! And it's a good thing because you have to take a boat taxi to eat any other place. They have a great little pool,,,2 actually, no beach to speak of so if you came to swim or hang out on the beach, it is better you go to Sunset Beach. But do stay here at night and visit the other beach during the day.

We had a wonderful couples massage at the top of the hill. It is quite a climb so if you are not in reasonably fair shape you may want to skip climbing to the top. It does however offer a fantastic but limited view. I actually had another massage session the next night to address a specific problem with my lower back and neck, the therapist managed to help with her "gifted" hands. A true professional! Truly a world class therapist. That alone was worth the entire trip.

We did experience some minor problems (water pump noise and some power outages), minor for us, and the manager did offer to board us in another hotel. But after visiting the other location, we chose to stay and overlook the noise of the water pump at the back of our cottage. It really was not that bad while the A/C was on, and we had our laptop music going. There are always power outages in the Philippines no matter where you go. The generators came on quickly and no problems there. The manager sent me an e-mail after my return home to ensure me the problems we experienced had already been fixed.

The beds are 5-star! And the pillows! A great night's sleep.

The bathroom and shower area of our cottage was strange if you are shy,,, you had to pull two panels (not attached to the door opening) together if you want some privacy. The shower is not where anyone can see, but the sink and the mirror are just there in the open. They have a full size bath tub sitting outside. Nice for a midnight dip.

Each cottage has some degree of privacy with its own gate.

Overall a very very nice find in Puerto Galera. Most of the folks that come here visit for the diving,, this is no dive resort, it is a fantastic little gem compared to what we saw in Sabang.

I would stay here every time I go to Puerto Galera.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jo-Bob_Bob-Bob

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 16, 2009

We didn't have a good start. We hired the resort van and specifically told them there were 7 of us. The van that came was for 6 persons. 1 of us had to sit in the middle of a seat for 5 hours. (Journey was supposed to be an hour +, but there was a massive jam).
However once we arrived at the resort, we forgot all about our previous unhappiness. The place was awesome. The beautiful beach, the attractive tropical villas, the shimmering pools and the scenic surrounding were breathtaking.
The spa was located at the highest point of the resort. I was panting so hard when I arrived there, but then, the quiet and sceic surroundings make it worth the while. However, the lightings at that area were minimal, thus it was quite dangerous to climb the steps at night. We expressed our concerns to the spa staffs, and were quite happy when they arranged for a security guide to bring a torch light and accompany us back to our villa.
Overall it was a satisfactory trip, the only set back was the slowness of service in the restaurant. We had to wait > 30mins for most of our meals even though there was only 1 (or the most 2) table(s) being served. We also realised when ordering our food, don't deviate from the standard menu. Just stick to what they list there.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank LimSN
Pasig City
Reviewed October 12, 2009

Really happy I found this resort on the internet! Had a wonderful three days with my wife snorkeling, eating a lot and spoiling ourselves with a lot of great spa treatments..Truely the best place to stay in Puerto if you want something a little (or lot) more luxurious, intimate & private than the other PG resorts.. I really recommend you do a picknick lunch on one of the many little nearby beaches! Great find!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JumperPasigCity
manila
Reviewed October 12, 2009

I go here atleast 2x a year... although going to Mindoro may be a hassle for some people, this place is deffinitely worth it. Think of it this way, I would go through the drive to Batangas and boat trip because this place is simply worth it.

The ambiance is simply relaxing. It's always been my mini paradise if I want to relax and unwind, Buri is really the place to go. ---It also ads that their beds are one of the best I've ever slept on.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank gel0530
Asia
Reviewed July 28, 2009

One of the best resorts I have seen in the Philippines. Unique in its style and settings. For rest and relaxation you cant go wrong with this resort. Great villas, awesome pools, great food, excellent staff. Very well maintained and landscaped.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank asiantraveller360
london, uk
Reviewed May 3, 2009

We had an amazing time at Buri resort. Nestling on a lush hillside, it's an extremely romantic setting. The staff are well trained, efficient and made us feel very special. When they found out it was our honeymoon, they went out of their way to spoil us. There's a great selection of food, the service is good and there's a range of activities to go off and do - in the end we were just as happy relaxing in the little oasis surrounding the infinity pool. Be sure to spoil yourself with a spa treatment or two - you won't regret it! Overall we had a wonderful time and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone. Thank you Buri!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank tomlawLondon
Shanghai-Phils
Reviewed April 27, 2009

Having been to Puerto Galera various times from Manila, I was really keen on trying out something away from boisterous White Beach..While looking for alternatives, I was happy to come across Buri's website..The pictures, the positive feedback and recommendations from some friends made me decide it was the place to go and check out. Upon arrival, I was amazed at how beautiful and green everything was..Like many others say, it is indeed "Puerto's best kept secret"..The gardens, the staff, the pools and most amazing of all, the views..Totally something different from the other places i've stayed in Puerto..Finally, i've found a place for me and my family with really clean rooms, nice down pillows and huge bathrooms..Truely comfortable..
I had three treatments from their spa menu (an aromatherapy massage, a Hilot massage and a foot spa)..All were oh so great! I had the massages in the villa, and the foot spa up at the spa around sunset..The view was amazing (well worth the climb up)..I didn't want the treatment to end!
For activities (apart from the spa), I recommend a day of beach hopping when going there, its a nice day out..You can also kayak to nearby beaches and take advantage of the snorkelling around the coves. Some people that like alot of activity might find the resort a little too quiet, however it was perfect for me, private, quiet and romantic..All in all a great place to check out if you're planning on goiong to Puerto...

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family