“Amazing!”
Review of Buri Resort & Spa

Buri Resort & Spa
Ranked #12 of 53 Hotels in Puerto Galera
Reviewed August 17, 2014

My family and I were so pleased by the service and accommodations at Buri that it will now be our go-to resort whenever we visit Puerto Galera. Kudos to the Buri team for making our stay very pleasant and memorable. Ultimately, it was the resort's attention to detail (from the personalized leaf greeting, to the umbrellas available at every villa, to the flowers laid on the newly made beds) that put Buri at a notch above everybody else.

ACCOMMODATIONS
Villas are high-ceilinged and have two rooms on two floors (for approx 5 pax), with one bathroom on the first floor. Each room is cozy and airconditioned, and you can opt to enjoy the sea breeze by opening the fans and windows. The rooms themselves are beautifully furnished; the beds' fluffy pillows are to die for! And I really appreciated the fact that there were no insects in the bedrooms or bathroom--something quite hard to say about the typical local resort.

Elsewhere in Buri, the landscaping and architecture make you feel like you've stepped into a little paradise. There are two medium-sized pools for you to choose from. The food is a bit expensive, but delicious nonetheless.

SERVICE
Staff members make you feel like you're part of the family, especially the guard (who also manages the pool area). No matter your request, they jump at it with a smile!

ACTIVITIES
The beach in front of Buri isn't impressive, as it's fully of kelp and used as a dock for boats. You'll have to take a banca 10-15 minutes away for a decent beach. The highlight of our trip was snorkeling at the coral gardens & giant clams. You hire a big banca to bring you to a beach where small bancas pull you along while you snorkel. The marine life is amazing! You can feed the fish; they eat right out of your hand. While snorkeling we also saw a sea turtle and a sea snake. If visiting Puerto, this activity is a must!

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Eleanor K

Reviewed August 3, 2014

We arrived by boat from Batangas and were immediately struck by the beauty of the resort and the surrounding area. We were greeted by the smiling staff and given a welcome cooling drink. Our villa was very attractive, well equipped and comfortable and exactly as it appeared on the website, with a view of the pool and the sea beyond. Each evening a leaf with a personal message was delivered to our villa, which was a lovely touch. We thoroughly enjoyed our week's stay, nothing was too much trouble for the very friendly staff and the food was varied and delicious. We particularly enjoyed eating mango straight from the tree! The manager, Helen, and her staff were very helpful in organising various trips to the local area. The general ambiance was one of peace and tranquillity and we would love to return one day

Room Tip: It is worth bearing in mind there are many steps to villas at the top of the resort
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Libby H
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We stayed 4 nights, I wish it could have been more! from the very moment we stepped onto the sand at Buri from the boat we found nothing but outstanding service and a truly relaxing time. On check in they have cold face towels and drinks waiting. We stayed in the family villa w plunge pool. Only thing I will say is maybe they should rename "plunge pool" as it really is more a place to sit and enjoy drinks watching the sunset, it isnt deep. However - the rooms are beautiful, bed linen luxurious and staff anticipate all needs. They asked if I would like a cot for my 2yr old and they also delivered a baby bath with baby wash all at no extra cost. I must commend how well all staff are trained, they all remember everything about you and go far beyond to deliver any requests. Each night they bring a leaf with a handwritten quote on it with your familys name - beautiful! The pools are immaculate, resto has good range - more expensive than the mainland - however food is ggooodd!!!! Hats off to chef!! No complaints for the entire experience and as we were leaving the service staff all came out to wave us off.

Room Tip: If stairs are an issue for you let them know on booking so they can appoint a good room for you. The...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank MelissaC_802014
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

The resort haa airconditiones huts for family and some had jacuzzis. The AC was cool and worked fine.

Food wasn't that good. Average cost for breakfast was around Php 290-320 (no vegetarian meals, unless you get fruit platters). Other meals in the day cost around Php 350-500++. They also have a "Grill Platter" that can feed 6 people. Personally I think its good for 7 or 8. I didn't like the taste though. It costs Php 2700. All had additional 10% tax.

Beach front: almost non-existent. About 20 feet long and 2-5 feet wide. Water was dirty as evidenced by the underwater field of sea weed. If you take a boat the the snorkling area, the boater keep telling you to look for giant clams (Tridacna gigas) but they're all dead. I enjoyed the fish, they swam close to me. A few even took a nibble at my fingers. Corals were mostly monotonous.

Pool: 2 pools, 1 4 feet and the other 3-10feet.
Usually clean in the morning but gets laden with leaves and falling mangos in the afternoon. To me its an average infinity pool.

Happy hour: 4-7pm half price on beer (Php40 or about $1). Get the fruit shakes.

Will I visit it again? Maybe not. I didn't enjoy my time in the batangas port (too disorganized port) and the trip to Buri was rough (Sept- November). My wife and my friends got sea sick. That wasn't fun.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank dr_iriscarpio
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Me and my Bestfriend went for an overnight stay at the Buri resort last June 4... It was our first time to stay there..
I did not expect it to be that nice but alas when you see the resort for yourself it is beautiful, it's private, away from the public eye if you truly want peace and quiet...

The resort is surrounded by towering buri trees, it has 11 villas to choose from, two pools, a mini bar, dining area and a spa...

Sad to say, our room is at the top ( ),it was fully booked at that time, so we have no choice, it took us effort to go up and down since the dining area is near the pool.. The room is nice, we have our own veranda, a mini lounge pool, it also has another room upstairs with toilet and bath...

The food is ok, not bad for the price..

What makes The Buri Resort stand out among others is there manager and resort staff, everybody was really warm and welcoming even the guard on duty, very helpful to the guests needs.. With a ready smile...

I love their massage , traditional hilot with ventosa to be exact , really worth it, must try!!!!

The only hassle would be the high steps going to our villa(not recommended for little kids and family with elderly), there is also no door bell in each villa which is hard if you forgot to bring the room key and your friend fell asleep you have to go down to the guard on duty to make a call , since the only staff left is the guard during night time.

Better if they have somebody in housekeeping and the Resto to stay there during night time. And pls do extend the time for the spa...

All in all we had a wonderful stay at Buri resort, will soon come back and bring our family.

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank Jocelynn L
Reviewed June 9, 2014

My family and I had a blast last weekend (June 6-8). We treated our kids for a 3-day vacation here before school starts. The place is so quiet and relaxing. Food is delicious. I would like to commend Josh for being so helpful to us. We were so tired on our last night so I asked for dinner room service. Since our villa is located at the top, it is really an effort to go back and forth to our room. But he never hesitated.
All the staff are friendly, you can see that they are all well-trained. They really take care of their guests. I approached the guard if it's okay to ask for mangoes since they have one big tree in front of the resort and the fruits keep on falling. The guard told to the staff about my request, then immediately, green mangoes were being served with bagoong on our table at no cost!
Thank you Buri! We will definitely come back!

Room Tip: Choose lower villa if you have toddlers/elders with you. It is hassle to to go up to a 100steps high...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank rowena r
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Josh, Jerome, Grace, Helen & all its staff really takes care of all their guests. Very friendly and helpful. Rooms are well maintained and bedsheets are 5 star quality. Food is ok. Prices are not cheap but also not expensive. Competitive prices that you would expect in the area. Make sure to do the snorkeling in mangrove. Overall, great resort that is not far from the Metro. Will definetely come back.

Room Tip: Make sure to avail of the private boat. It safer and more convenient. No more waiting long lines in...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family