“Never Miss This Falls”

Tamaraw Waterfalls
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed May 6, 2014

This sight is very popular in Puerto Galera so if you are visiting Puerto Galera never miss the it. The falls is just along the hi-way so it is better to make the falls as a backdrop.

All reviews
"jeepney"
in 16 reviews
"picnic"

Reviewed April 29, 2014

It was a 45mins ride from our resort. When we got there, I did like the view but I got lazy to swim since we cannot take a picture of ourselves with the falls itself directly because of the rocks unlike the aninuan falls.
Nice view though.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

It's the popular falls in Puerto Galera. There are many tour guides who will offer tour packages getting to get you to part with your money but we tried getting there the cheaper way. while we were eating at Cafe de Paris, we asked one of the waitresses if she knows anyone who has a tricycle. she said yes, her brother has one. and of course that is the cheapest way to see the sights.

for the rental of the tricycle, we got to stop at the tamaraw falls, the overlooking site and the virgin beach. which took about 2 hours or so.

getting there will take awhile. there was no traffic but it was far. a 30min. travel. and you know you're reached the place when you see lots of parked vehicles near a bridge with a falls. you cant go near the falls but on the other side there were level pools with running water from the falls. they have a thirty(30)pesos entrance fee and the vendors are nice enough to take your fotos without any fees.

the falls itself is beautiful. it's vertical as vertical is and water was flowing and pouring even if it was summer and heat was evident. it's clean. however it's rocky and you can't go near it. you just get to look at it on the bridge.

you can go down to the pools but unfortunately we got there at 4:30pm and because of our excitement to take fotos, we only decided to go down the pools at 10mins. before closing time. and the lady at the gate was rude!!! even if we were willing to pay for that minimal time, she wouldn't let us go in. and she proceeded to lecture us even if there are many people there, to which the other vendors were embarassed.

also don't expect clean restrooms there. be prepared to pay for its use even it there is no light inside, the restroom floor is flooded and the door won't lock from the inside.

so remember to be conscious of the time when you go there. be openminded and just enjoy the sights. they are only open until 5pm even if its summer and tourist season.

1  Thank ksen5
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Right on the main road through PG, have your photo taken with the waterfalls as a backdrop. The waterfalls are quite high, but you can park right next to them on the main road for your photo opportunity. Not quite spectacular, but quite pretty all the same. There are a couple of market stalls just opposite, selling food, drinks and dresses.

See more reviews
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Got excited to see the Tamaraw Falls. I rented a motorcycle (nego from Php600 to Php500) then hired a tourguide / driver (Php300), and rode for 30-45minutes to the said destination.

It was a relatively dangerous ride uphill and down.... at least for a first-time back-rider like me. Once we got there, I was like, THIS IS IT?!

Yes the place is nice, but I have seen better. The waterfalls is on one side of the bridge, you can't even approach for a swim, or a better photo op, to say the least. You could only stay on the bridge to take pictures. on the other side of the bridge is a man-made pool, which I did not bother to visit anymore, as I was exhausted from the ride, and a bit disappointed because no one could swim at the bottom of the falls. I mean... There's no point dipping into that pool, since you go the the falls to experience the FALLS, not the pool.

It was not worth the ride and the negotiation with the tour guide who was obviously trying to rip me off. I won of course... or so I thought... considering how disappointing the destination turned out to be.