“Amazing resort! World class hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Marco Vincent Dive Resort

Marco Vincent Dive Resort
Ranked #9 of 51 Hotels in Puerto Galera
Manila, Philippines
“Amazing resort! World class hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2011

We were there last March 9-11 just few days ago to celebrate my bday. W/ me are my hubby,my officemate and my 1 year old baby. We want to experience the best since it's our first time in galera and we found it in Marco Vincent Resort. With a very affordable price I can't believe we will be pampered so much like in a five star hotel. Their resort is located like 100 meters away from the beach w/c is nice coz I don't wanna here any nightlife noise. It's very private,romantic and quiet perfect for honeymoon and those wanted tranquility. Their staff are helpful,very polite and alert they always observe to know the needs of their guest. We felt very special w/ our stay there. They also upgrade our room from deluxe to super deluxe as a birthday gift to me. They even greeted me happy bday w/c made me feel so welcomed...We are just group of 3 adults but they gave us 2 queen size beds w/c made us very comfortable. I really like the room, very elegant spacious and classy. Their food taste good I like the "sinigang na tanigue". I also like their free breakfast coz of variety of options from filipino to american dishes. Really a world class hotel. I really miss their jacuzzi, actually it's my favorite coz it massages my body all over...They are very generous they even offer fresh milk for my baby at breakfast for free. They also have unlimited towels u can ask for it anytime u need u can even use them when u want to sit down at the beach...I will surely comeback in Marco Vincent to try their diving package. I want to stay there for a long time w/ the rest of my family...I will surely refer Marco Vincent to all of my friends, officemates and aquaintances. If u wanna be pampered, and relax Marco Vincent is the answer. Really a world class hotel/resort...An amazing resort...

• Stayed March 2011
4 Thank ghie17

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2011

I recently stayed at the Marco Vincent Hotel for almost 2 weeks. I can't say enough good things about the place. Everything was clean, the room was big and comfortable, breakfast was fine and the staff was friendly and polite.
By far the best part of the holiday was Merj, the receptionist at the front desk. Her dazzling eyes entranced me the minute I walked in. She is the most beautiful Filipino girl in White Beach; so mesmerizing that I felt compelled to buy her a new dress for her birthday.
I highly recommend this hotel for its solitude, cleanliness and most of all, Merj.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ter10242003
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2011

My honest comment is based on what I have seen, experienced during our travel & stay in Marco Vincent. Moving from port to destination is well organized, upon entering the resort a very friendly & professional employees will immediately attend the needs of their clients/guests. Facilities are complete and perfectly designed for relaxation & entertainment, environment is really inviting especially for couples. Food has various preferences from local to European menu where you can choose. I even felt pampered the way the staff treated us.
If I will be given time to unwind again by the company where I employed I’ll go back to Marco Vincent to explore more pleasure like diving.
More power to Marco Vincent Continue serving the people and show the beauty of nature in Puerto Galera.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank jam224_11
Hong Kong, China
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2011

I can hardly begin to express how absolutely awful this hotel is. Getting there is via a path surrounded by cheap hotels and dilapidated village huts, leading to a dirty and muddy road at the end of which the hotel is situated. No zircon in lobby at arrival was the first sign that this was a cheap, run down and bottom of the barrel establishment. The rooms (and I booked the most expensive) were truly dreadful. Old, small, very poorly decorated and the noise from the road was deafening. The kind size bed was extremely uncomfortable and the pillows small, dirty and hard. The television was at least 20 years old and the picture blurred. The noise from the refrigerator was so loud, we had to turn it off to sleep. For all of this, we had the privilege of paying an exorbitant UD 145 per night. A complete an utter rip off for one of the worst hotels I have ever seen.
We left after one day and found somewhere much better on Small Laguna beach.
I would not recommend this place to anyone who expects even a little luxury or quality in you holiday accommodation.

• Stayed January 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank Shaka121
king26, Manager at Marco Vincent Dive Resort, responded to this review, January 6, 2011
This review is extorsion. As soon as the writer arrived at our front desk he demanded our front desk staff to refund his deposit or else he will write a negative review about our property. Just like any other hotel, we have a 24 hours cancellation policy. He wants a hotel that is closer to the night life of the town.
Mountain View, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2010

I love this resort! I felt taken cared of the whole way from Manila to Puerto Galera. The transfers and transportation was very organized. When we arrived at the resort, the staff was very friendly and professional. I felt very welcomed. When you step out to the courtyard, you'll see their relaxing pool. The whole place is top notch! Classy but not overpriced. Their rooms are spacious and the bathrooms were very clean. I like that they have a walk in shower with good water pressure.

Our main purpose was to go diving. The dive staff were very helpful and knowledgeable. They also offer PADI courses in their resort. I was pretty amazed by the organization and cleanliness of their dive amenities. I really liked the dive cruiser we used which we named as our bling bling boat. The dives were a bit challenging, but really beautiful! The DM's do a very comprehensive briefing which is very important so you know what to expect.

The food is not bad. I really like their breakfast food the best. Also the Bulalo Steak is very tender.

We only did an overnight, but I would like to come back sometime next year and visit more of the dive sites around the area. I am pretty sure that I'll book my stay with Marco Vincent again since I highly enjoyed my stay the first time around.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
4 Thank GretchC
manila, philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2010

Marco Vincent is located in a good location in Puerto Galera. It's located a few meters away from shore which was good for me because I don't like the crowds and noise that comes w/ it. There is a choice when to be exposed to it :) The pool is so beautiful! The room that we occupied is what I would call "pretty in pink". There is a resto bar in front nearer the beach shore that serves great food - esp. seafood kare kare :) The staff are super attentive and courteous. They seem to have mastered the art of being quietly present - ie you feel alone until you need something like a drink or a towel. They can also plan trips to nearby sites at reasonable prices. A good place to relax!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank mmls
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2010

Very Good place, great staff, clean rooms, clean bathrooms, good service....what else can you ask for? If you want to have relaxation and fun then Marco Vincent is the place to stay. Relax in their pool while listening to soothing music..and If you're looking for fun then walk a couple of steps and you can have it...

It may be pricey compared to others....but its worth it at the end of the day. We work most of the days of the year....and i think its not a crime treating yourself to a few days of little extravagance...

The only thing i see which will make it perfect i guess is the food....its good but is not great...

I really had a very good stay...I was able to relax, from the true essence of the word and sleep to my hearts content. Staff took good care of me during my stay...THANKS to soft spoken JECEL for my booking... MADEL the bubbly lady who got my tickets....(and even ushered me to my ride!!!!). To the sexy ladies DONNA & MERJ for the warm welcome and for catering to my queries...ToTin-Tin for ensuring I have food on time.....and of course, to young & kind NAYTHAN for being so genuinely nice and for giving sincere service not just to me but for the other guests as well. I could have not enjoyed MARco Vincent if not with you guys....THANKS THANKS THANKS. Their bosses should be proud of them....

I hope to be back and experience another round relaxation the Marco Vincent way !!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo