Lowest prices for your stay
$53
Agoda.com
$45
Multiple ways to pay
WestCoastDub
Santa Barbara, California
Beautiful private property with quality rooms at a great rate
Review of Mermaid Resort
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Sep 30, 2018via mobile
I came to Sabang for several days for a dive vacation and was lucky enough to stay at Mermaid Resort. I personally was looking to balance quality accommodation at a reasonable price while maintaining a sense of luxury. I'm happy to say that Mermaid resort hit all three, and in my opinion should be rated higher than 3 stars. I'll definitely be back to dive in incredible Sabang, and to stay at Mermaid Resort again!
Date of stay: September 2018Trip type: Traveled solo
    $11
    $20
6.1 miles from Mermaid Resort
View more hotels in Puerto Galera
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 24, 2018

I have been several times now and mermaid resort never disappoints, everything about mermaids is way above standard {you won't find better accommodation in sabang}
they have excellent room's with friendly and helpful staff to mawaterke your stay as comfortable as possible, with a restaurant serving excellent food.
The dive centre based on right on the water edge on one of the best dive centre's i have seen anywhere with staff and facilities to match. The diving in sabang is my main reason for staying in sabang with mermaids,., however a few week's ago i suffered a bout of [decompression illness ] after i had finished a 4 days of diving. I had not dived outside of dive tables or broke any rules,, [the dive team see's that all diver's stay within limits } it just happened., AS soon as i became ill the staff took me straight to the hospital where a stayed for two night's having treatment,., while as was in hospital a member of the dive team was with me 24/7, some of the staff and owner visited me and showed genuine concern which was nice,. I honestly could not asked for better support from management and staff,., mermaids resort and diving get's my full recommendation,.,,.,,,

Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed June 10, 2018

I rate this place and would stay here again visiting Sabang Beach, close to all the action but very well run great staff and good wifi. Nice pool and great rooms very clean with good cable TV warm showers.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed March 16, 2018

This is my second stay at Mermaid Resort. I cannot say enough of how wonderful the staff is, everyone from the reception staff ( Teresa is always great and very professional and her co workers too) to the House keeping staff ( very clean and professional ) to the bar staff ( always have a beautiful smile on their faces, and always helpful). Working many hours at home, coming to Mermaid Resort...I feel relaxed right away, I know my belongings are safe, I feel welcome and I know I can catch up on work because the WiFi is steady and strong.

Date of stay: March 2018
2  Thank Pedro E
Reviewed October 28, 2017

Enjoyed the week we I spent at Mermaid Resort located a short walk from the arrival/departure pier in the heart of Sabang.

Allocated the junior suite near to the restaurant / bar area, a large bedroom with ensuite and an adjoining sitting room with work desk and good wifi internet. Large door/window onto private balcony double glazed so noise not a problem.

All in all, not cheap but quality in Sabang costs, book direct with the hotel for inclusive price and breakfast included.
I would return.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 10, 2017

Always start with the context of "where in the world am I" for comparative sake Sabang was at one time a remote fishing village now turned into a scuba diving location mostly for men, which the nightlife caters too. Especially Asian clientele, but of course most Filipinos speak English so Westerners do fine here too. Now with that said, this is a very nice resort, well kept, with a great staff who's worked there on average for about 10 years each. The rooms and common areas are very clean, pool is great, restaurant serves great food, and service is great too. I booked a Jr. Suite?(no breakfast?? and pricey for this town, AND the Aircon (AC) in the room didn't quite cool down the room enough and they first tried to blame me for not using the remote settings properly but that wasn't the case because day 2 it was exactly just as warm even though they said they fixed it. The internet was down for a few hours without warning while they were installing something new I think in the middle of the day, while I had important things to do. They kept saying it will work in 5 minutes but it was an hour each time. They only supply you with 2 free, small bottles of water for your entire stay instead of 2 bottles per day like most hotels, then charged me 35 pesos a bottle from the fridge. Not something I've seen from other hotels. Considering I complained about the AC and WIFI they could have thrown in some free water and maybe even breakfast one day. But that's not the staff's fault...it's the onsite owner who should have stepped up. Overall though it's a great place to stay, only 2 blocks from the downtown, waterfront which you want to be away from. Lastly, they have a GREAT DIVE SHOP of their own.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
MermaidResort, Public Relations Manager at Mermaid Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2017

Hi Johnny_Vegas007,

First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing Mermaid Resort for your accommodation and scuba diving here in Sabang, Puerto Galera. Second is we are thankful and really appreciate your review since we do encourage our guest to post their reviews on Trip Advisor.

Regarding the AC, the first time that you inform our office about the AC problem we ask our maintenance dept. to check it immediately, but upon that our reception staff on duty also gave some instructions just to make sure that the mode is correct, we are very sorry if you feel that we blame you the way our office deliver it to you, we just want to make sure if the mode is correct, but again we are very sorry. Then the second day, same problem on the AC and we ask again our maintenance to make a thorough inspection, and they did immediate clean-up of the AC.

Regarding the WiFi, we can pride our Resort in terms of internet since we are the only resort in the island offering the fastest internet for free. In that case, there were unscheduled maintenance from our provider and they did not inform us before they did the maintenance. And when we call them they said it will be up in a few minutes but end up in few hours.

Regarding the bottled drinking water, yes it’s true that there's only 2 free bottled water for every guest, but we are looking to adjust this matter in the future.

Thank you so much for your time on the reviews and we hope that you will visit us again and we can make our service even better.

The Mermaid Team