“Leaving all your worries behind”

Coco Beach Island Resort
Ranked #15 of 52 Hotels in Puerto Galera
A TripAdvisor Member
“Leaving all your worries behind”
Reviewed March 1, 2006

Coco Beach was just the best place to be. It was so relaxing and only a few hours away from Manila! Away from most tourists (who tend to travel to more palces overe populated by tourists like Boracay or Cebu), it is a wonderful little haven.The "bahay kubo" or bamboo huts were wonderful,the scenery and food are fantastic, and the activities you can do there are varied and numerous enough to satisfy anyone's interests! You can do jungle treks, visit the Mangyan natives in the mountains, get massaged (for about US$8)see the waterfalls,take cooking lessons,etc. Waking up every morning wasn't a chore, it was a blessing!

Scuba diving there is great! The prices are the cheapestI've seen anywhere, and the instructors speak a number of different languages.The boat ride back to Manila was rewarding enough by itself, seeing wild dolphins swim right beside our boat!

Only one downside- the water is a bit hard, understandably because it is on an island that has not been developed like major cities. Bring your own shampoo and soap that will help soften your hair, or get it shampooed (for VERY CHEAP) at the salon.

• Stayed May 2005
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Arabic first
Reviewed December 29, 2005

i brought my fiance and two other friends to cocobeach and WE just love it there!!! Originally we planned to stay for an overnight but when we saw the place, we all agreed to spend another night in what we call a cool paradise for us! what u see in the internet is what u really get (thats where i actually learned about cocobeach). Great food, great views and great staff...GREAT PLACE! the prices are affordable and worth your visit! oh well, just dont forget to bring an off-lotion. it will surely be a great help especially at night. and by the way, make sure you are ready for a 215 steps going upstairs to your room if you prefer a very good view! I immediately missed this place when i went back to manila and how i wish i spent more days there with my fiance but ive to go back to work already...too bad!

i am a beach lover trust me! I will definitely go back there soon! and i recommend it to all...go there to believe! you won't regret!

• Stayed August 2005
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 1, 2005

Today is Nov. 02, 2005. It was only 2 days ago when my boyfriend & i came back from a 3 days/2 nights stay at the coco beach resort..(we were there from Oct. 29 to Oct. 31)...the staffs are very accomodating and friendly. They really made us feel at home! The view from our banana deluxe room (although its 132 steps going up) are fantastic...sight of the mountains surrounding the water made us feel very close to nature. My boyfriend ang i really had a great time...everything is almost perfect except for one thing, they don't have fresh water in their bathroom...you need to sacrifice a little for this...anyway, it's not really much of a problem.
On the other hand, foods are great, they have reasonable prices! It's really a paradise for me & my boyfriend. I hope to get back to this place soon...and i will make sure that my stay wouldn't only be a 3days/2nights but longer! =)

• Stayed October 2005
9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 25, 2005

Ive been in Cocobeach last May 2004. I bring with me my fiance(who came from the U.S. and my brother. It was recommended to me by my friend who owns a travelling agency. SHe told me that it was a great resort but i was so disappointed with the result. Even my fiance hate the place because of water, the people and the food. They dont have fresh water and the people who work for them are not that friendly. They are not that very accomodating to us. You can see that they are bias. They only serve well the foreign guest but not the locals. They must remember that we went there and we pay the same as those foreigners so we want fair service. Next time we will try La Laguna in Puerto Galera also.

• Stayed May 2004
10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 14, 2005

My husband and I just arrived home after 15 days in Paradise!!!
Coco Beach is the most wonderful place to be if you just want the pure, simple, relaxed, friendly, beautiful "next to nature" life. What it lacks in comfort is compensated with all the hospitality you can imagine! And with 101 activities, it's no reason to be bored.

We've already decided to go back - for the third time - next year. Then we'll be about 12 people all together - family and friends - to spend som days in this lovely resort.

This is a place we'll highly recommend if you want to be spoiled by - peace and quiet, beautiful nature, unique hospitality from people that really care about you having a good time!

We just can't wait to meet our Filppino friends at Coco Beach again!!!

• Stayed March 2005
23 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Orange, CA
Reviewed January 31, 2005

This resort is beautiful. It may not have all the big hotel extras, but the service, atmosphere and activities more than make up for that. This is a must every time I go to the Philippines.

14 Thank wpulse
Reviewed September 13, 2004

this is one of the worst resorts there is there. there is no a/c no fresh water to take a shower the rooms are verry hot as i did check with others there and most guest leave after a few days. even thought they have booked for 2 weeks. yes it look nice but thats all the pictures can fool you!and the food is verry high and not verry good. there are lots of really nice places to go on the island thet are verry nice and you will enjoy this is not one of them

22 Thank A TripAdvisor Member