“A Beach to Remember....”

Coco Beach Island Resort
Ranked #18 of 53 Hotels in Puerto Galera
philippines
Reviewed December 29, 2005

i brought my fiance and two other friends to cocobeach and WE just love it there!!! Originally we planned to stay for an overnight but when we saw the place, we all agreed to spend another night in what we call a cool paradise for us! what u see in the internet is what u really get (thats where i actually learned about cocobeach). Great food, great views and great staff...GREAT PLACE! the prices are affordable and worth your visit! oh well, just dont forget to bring an off-lotion. it will surely be a great help especially at night. and by the way, make sure you are ready for a 215 steps going upstairs to your room if you prefer a very good view! I immediately missed this place when i went back to manila and how i wish i spent more days there with my fiance but ive to go back to work already...too bad!

i am a beach lover trust me! I will definitely go back there soon! and i recommend it to all...go there to believe! you won't regret!

• Stayed: August 2005
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

manila
Reviewed November 1, 2005

Today is Nov. 02, 2005. It was only 2 days ago when my boyfriend & i came back from a 3 days/2 nights stay at the coco beach resort..(we were there from Oct. 29 to Oct. 31)...the staffs are very accomodating and friendly. They really made us feel at home! The view from our banana deluxe room (although its 132 steps going up) are fantastic...sight of the mountains surrounding the water made us feel very close to nature. My boyfriend ang i really had a great time...everything is almost perfect except for one thing, they don't have fresh water in their bathroom...you need to sacrifice a little for this...anyway, it's not really much of a problem.
On the other hand, foods are great, they have reasonable prices! It's really a paradise for me & my boyfriend. I hope to get back to this place soon...and i will make sure that my stay wouldn't only be a 3days/2nights but longer! =)

• Stayed: October 2005
9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Manila
Reviewed June 25, 2005

Ive been in Cocobeach last May 2004. I bring with me my fiance(who came from the U.S. and my brother. It was recommended to me by my friend who owns a travelling agency. SHe told me that it was a great resort but i was so disappointed with the result. Even my fiance hate the place because of water, the people and the food. They dont have fresh water and the people who work for them are not that friendly. They are not that very accomodating to us. You can see that they are bias. They only serve well the foreign guest but not the locals. They must remember that we went there and we pay the same as those foreigners so we want fair service. Next time we will try La Laguna in Puerto Galera also.

• Stayed: May 2004
10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Stavern, Norway
Reviewed March 14, 2005

My husband and I just arrived home after 15 days in Paradise!!!
Coco Beach is the most wonderful place to be if you just want the pure, simple, relaxed, friendly, beautiful "next to nature" life. What it lacks in comfort is compensated with all the hospitality you can imagine! And with 101 activities, it's no reason to be bored.

We've already decided to go back - for the third time - next year. Then we'll be about 12 people all together - family and friends - to spend som days in this lovely resort.

This is a place we'll highly recommend if you want to be spoiled by - peace and quiet, beautiful nature, unique hospitality from people that really care about you having a good time!

We just can't wait to meet our Filppino friends at Coco Beach again!!!

• Stayed: March 2005
23  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 31, 2005

This resort is beautiful. It may not have all the big hotel extras, but the service, atmosphere and activities more than make up for that. This is a must every time I go to the Philippines.

14  Thank wpulse
houston, tx
Reviewed September 13, 2004

this is one of the worst resorts there is there. there is no a/c no fresh water to take a shower the rooms are verry hot as i did check with others there and most guest leave after a few days. even thought they have booked for 2 weeks. yes it look nice but thats all the pictures can fool you!and the food is verry high and not verry good. there are lots of really nice places to go on the island thet are verry nice and you will enjoy this is not one of them

22  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 14, 2004

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful... This is a quiet paradise on earth. We had one of the rooms on the top of the hill with the most superb view of the sea. Everything is made in nature's own materials - wood, bamboo, coral stone, etc. The water in the shower is not heated and you can't use a hair dryer because then the generator will break down but that is part of the natural charm of this wonderful place!
I've never experienced more friendly people - all the staff was so helpful and will go out of their way to satisfy your requests. A service family is attending your room and all you have to do is ring the bell (attached to a string from the balcony) if you need room service. The service family will also take care of your laundry (handwashed) at very reasonable prices.
The food is great and at very low prices. If you want to go to the city you can go by boat and arrange pick-up - or simply ask the "captain" to wait for you.
If you just want to relax there is a nice beach and swimming pool area at the hotel or you can get an one hour massage for only 15-20 USD (2001-prices).
The staff is paid good wages compared to other local jobs but still people are very poor in the Philippines compared to Western countries so please don't be cheap when tipping.
I can definately recommend this hotel whenever you want to spend some time in quiet natural surroundings.

• Stayed: July 2002