Coco Beach Island Resort
Lalaguna Villas(Puerto Galera)
$74
$55
  • Pool
Badladz Dive Resort(Puerto Galera)(Great Value!)
$33
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Badladz Beach Resort(Puerto Galera)(Great Value!)
$66
$34
$106
$80
  • Breakfast included
Papa Fred's Beach Resort(Puerto Galera)(Great Value!)
$37
  • Beachfront
Montani Beach Resort(Puerto Galera)(Great Value!)
$15
$151
$135
Agoda.com
Out of the Blue Resort(Puerto Galera)
$110
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsservice familyheritage roomfree boatmain restauranthilltop roomno air conmosquito netbuffet breakfast iscoconut riceevery morningdeal grocerbahay kubolow tidesea breezerelaxing vacationbatangas portstandard room
Reviewed October 29, 2008

Cocobeach would be absolutely perfect, the best place to stay in Puerto Galera except that their huts need refurbishing. The sawali walls may be clean but they smell musty, same goes for the mattress and the mosquito nets. Maybe if the windows were bigger and let the sun in, the rooms would not feel so damp and acquire that bodega smell.

I was very disappointed because everything else about the resort was great, especially the fact that they handle your transportation getting there... hassle-free. The grounds are big and there is so much to do and explore, the staff is friendly and concerned and dedicated.

How I wish the management would improve the materials that go into the rooms, that make cleaning them so difficult! Then I would be a regular in Cocobeach!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank furrylamma
Reviewed June 3, 2008

I stayed in Coco Beach with my girlfriend for 2 nights/3 days May 2008.

We ended up booking the De Luxe rooms and our package was for P 8,300 nett inclusive of taxes, surcharges, breakfasts and round trip transfers from Manila.

The "room" was basically a small, 25 sqm cottage made from local materials, very basic, but cute located about halfway up the hill. All of those type of rooms have an unobstructed view, and so catch the breeze very well.

There was no air-conditioning, no tv, no hot water and you couldn't brush your teeth with the tap water, as it had a funny taste. All these things in and of themselves are not really a problem because they did have a fan and the room is airy enough that you don't need air-conditioning; as for the TV, you wouldn't need it at the beach; the water was quite warm immediately after sunset although very cold in the evenings; and they did give you bottled water you could use to brush your teeth.

At the same time, I felt that for the amount of money that they were charging, it was really basic. I don't mind paying the money as long as I know that I'm getting my money's worth. I just felt that I wasn't.

On that issue, they rent out snorkels and even charge you for the rental of beach towels. For what we were paying, and the fact that they lack certain expected amenities, they could have just tossed that in. Which, other resorts do in Anilao (about 1 hr away by banca). Also, the food was overpriced and quite lousy (although in fairness, the decent-looking restaurants in Sabang seemed similarly overpriced). All in all, I felt that they were milking me for money.

They have their own private beach front, which is good for sun-bathing, but the waters directly in front of the resort are very shallow, at best 1 meter during high tide. You'd have to go quite far out to have a decent swim.

We're not divers, so I can't really comment on that aspect of their services.

In the end, Coco Beach is still a better resort than any located on the beaches of Sabang, Small La Laguna, and Big La Laguna; strictly because the waters of those beaches seemed rather dirty. I hope to find a better resort though in Puerto Galera.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank boyprangko
Reviewed May 30, 2008

it was the trip for bonding for my high school friends when we stayed at Coco Beach in Puerto Galera for three days. the food was great, the place wherein we stayed in are nice but the downside is that you can hear what was going on your neighbors suite when you're showering at the comfort room.

unlike other Coco Beach guests, we didn't have any roaches crawling at our standard room. what i like the most in staying at our room is the delivery of bottled distilled water for three days, the use of towels and the free coconut products on our room.

one thing i don't like is that the food costs more unlike in the White Beach which offers affordable lodging with the fact that White Beach is a public resort. Coco Beach is a private resort and the reason why there are so many foreigners making their stay in the beach.

• Stayed: May 2008
1  Thank magikarp
Reviewed March 14, 2008

After reading the reviews on TA I was very pleasantly surprised by Coco Beach. We stayed in a delux cottage on the side of a hill with a great view and a real feeling that we were staying in a forest. The cottage was not luxurious but the native materials, open feel with the balcony and seating areas, and views made this a really nice place to spend a few days. Swimming pools were nice but a little chilly and food was also pretty good with plenty of choice. The "family" that looked after our cottage and ourselves were really friendly and helpful and servce otherwise in the resort was ok. Beach was not amazing but certainly fine for a swim/sunbathing. This is a good place to go for a few chilled days break 3 hours from Manila. Do not go if you can't survive without tv/steaming hot shower etc etc.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mjw58
Reviewed February 16, 2008

I stayed here with three other co-workers. It is a beautiful location. Our room was halfway up the hill. We rented the room with "natural" air conditioning. However, we didn't really didn't notice. During the day, we were on a boat or at the pool and at night the breeze was all we really needed.

It is more in an area known for diving, so the beach is as beautiful as some others I've seen. However, any beach is good enough for me.

The only thing that I didn't like was the mosquitoes. This is not really the hotels fault, though. Two of us got eaten alive and that was with the mosquito nets around the beds. The other two got one or two bites. I guess the mosquitoes didn't like them. :)

It was a very relaxing trip.

• Stayed: April 2005