“Fantastic Coco Experience”

Coco Beach Island Resort
Ranked #17 of 52 Hotels in Puerto Galera
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Location is ideal, as it is very far away from the overcrowded White beach. Objective of the trip was to just get away from Manila for a weekend so I wasn't really too fussed about whether it was to a "good" resort or a "great" resort. It's the latter. And just like what my friend said: We enjoyed the feeling of seclusion without being totally secluded. Great food, amazing staff and a decent crowd!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank HannaCedro
There are newer reviews for Coco Beach Island Resort

Reviewed November 21, 2013

My girlfriend and our common friends spent my Birthday couple of days ago ( November 18 2013). We stayed here for two nights and three days. We just had problems with reservations .When we reserved our room everything went just fine (thanks to Anne) but when we;re about to reserve our shuttle service it seems like Roxanne is not understanding what I was trying to tell her.I repeated myself 5 times and she even assured me that she'll be sending a confirmation email unfortunately I didn't receive any email from her. We just forget the shuttle the next day and took a bus going to the port of Batangas port and we took it from there. when we check in everything was fine.we reserved two standard rooms (we wanted to have the suite but the extra person fee is really outrageous ) .I appreciate the fact that our rooms are next to each other. The guy named Bernie and his wife was really nice. He took care of everything we need. They have 3 outdoor swimming pool and a small hot tub at the top of the hill. So we had our lunch and we enjoyed playing badminton and basketball as well . We made a reservation for the free boat the next day at 9 :30 am .That boat will take you to another island and we really enjoyed ourselves. We visited underwater cave and we enjoyed the beach as well ( If you wanted to go on swimming on the beach Coco Beach is not a place for you. Much better if you will go on White beach area but rest assured you will love the place ) . We made some friends there too. After that we go back to the resort had our lunch and we scheduled the banana boat .If it's your fist time it will drive you crazy . I'm really thank God we're still alive :D
We enjoyed the coco grill as well ( I just hope they we're open atleast 8 hours ) .Oh we love the buffet as well and of course the coffee that they serve every morning in our room. Overall everything was fine. I just hope reservations department will have a better service next time and I hope they will also have a hot water in the room.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank jhay18
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Staff - friendly (as most Filipinos are). Accommodations - old, run down. No hot water in rooms. Standard rooms (cheapest) are divided by thin bamboo wall with NO sound proofing. Deluxe rooms are individual, therefore can't hear noises of other guests. Food (cooked) - is ok if you have been living in Philippines for some time. Uncooked food such as fruit is good. For breakfast they bake their own bread including some lightly sweetened rolls. Swimming pool is large & mostly the same depth (3-4 feet deep) & there's a kids water slide (made from concrete). The PADI approved dive center is suitable for new & experienced divers. Beach is average. Most take 10 minute boat to Haligi Beach. Sometimes Coco Beach Resort offer a free boat service to Haligi Beach. Expect to spend P12,000 for 2 people in cheapest room. This price includes boat rides from & to resort from Batangas Port or Barbarabe Port, all food & drinks, some SCUBA diving & a few other simple activities such as table tennis & canoeing.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ExpatAussie3
Reviewed November 4, 2013

My boyfriend and I stated here last Oct 28. We were supposed to stay the weekend of Santi Typhoon but they cancelled, the rebooking process was ok but they should have given heads up the night before or something for we had to get up early because we were availing there transfers.

On our stay, the room is very simple, we just had the standard room which was ok because we knew we will not be staying much in our room because we wanted to enjoy the beach, the pool and the location. Our service family was very attentive and very friendly. The price of the food is not that expensive as we were expecting and they were accommodating because my boyfriend and I had a late lunch and I was feeling under the weather so I did not have appetite, our meal scheds were off but they were just there willing to make my boyfriend a sandwich even if it was 20 minutes after 10. I was feeling under the weather but I was relaxed in that place even after the very long climb to the Silent Hill. I just did not like that they have to charge a service charge for a bottle of water. We like our whole experience, the food is not too bad and the turtles are fun to watch when they were being fed.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms require a climb just to reach them, our room is the standard room, it was simple...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank galLERA08
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Yes , even though I am a little negative , some would enjoy their stay here as it is truly back to nature but too much so for me, remember this is my opinion only and if you are a true green you will love this place
I can't fault the food ,the service or the price that was 5 star, but I do love my hot shower and I find that hard to do without, the mattress was hard.The staff were wonderful and looked after me like a king.
I down graded the room only due to the lack of a decent bathroom, and a sign that said do not put toilet paper in to the toilet, not sure what else to do with it and I didn't want to ask.

Like I said most things were the best, but too rudimentary for me

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Johnsy123aud
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Its not a common resort with newly built room and concrete walls,but the best thing about the place is it shows you the filipino way of life and with a service family along your side makes it more unique and superb enjoying filipino hospitality that teach people in a way, of culture inspired by nipa hut houses ,non aircon rooms,no television ,the music are the birds chirping in the mornings a knock from your door for a cup of coffee and huge smile from Arlyn or her husband,and wide garden of palm trees and hibiscus plants,hammocks everywhere for a lazy day under palm trees.
It feels like home for me the food is great the staff in the bar and restaurant are very nice,they always make you feel well served and taken care off,there are nights with singing filipino with their guitars while havin a nice dinner.I love the guys serving in the carabao restaurant they looked after us so well big thumbs up.
Definetly id comeback...loved it

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Karen D
Reviewed October 3, 2013

A haven for those who wants a peaceful and relaxing vacation. Suuuuper friendly staff and service family. Accommodation is not your typical hotel room with aircon, it's like more of a traditional bahay kubo (nipa hut) very refreshing even if no aircondition, electric fan is enough. Snorkeling I'd say would be the best activity you can do here. Just ask the staff they'll tell you how. Recommended!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple