“An interesting place to stay”

Coco Beach Island Resort
Ranked #14 of 52 Hotels in Puerto Galera
Fairborn, Ohio
“An interesting place to stay”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Very relaxing but costly. Stayed there for three nights. Food can be a bit costly, boat rides are costly as well. You're located in Puerto Galera but you're not close to the main shopping area and have to take a boat that usually cost about 1000 pesos for a round trip. The service family was great, recommend staying in the heritage where there's hot water and internet. We had only cold water and had to go down to the restaurant to use the internet. The hotel staff is super friendly and they actually sit down and try and get to know you and your family so you feel apart of their family from the beginning. Their informational booklet they give you when you arrive explains alot, but not all of it is correct. Internet was free and local calls are free the book said it cost money not that I'm complaining. The suite we were in was very quiet and our only encounter with wild life was with frogs at night. Besides that it's a very quiet and relaxing resort it's a good place to just get away from it all

Room Tip: If you like hot water and internet choose the heritage. Yes it's expensive but you get some good...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Arabic first
Muntinlupa, Philippines
Reviewed June 17, 2012

It's my 2nd visit to Coco Beach, we took the transfer service of the resort, although its a bit expensive compared to own transportation but its faster and more convenient. Since I got my accommodation from a discount site (Ensogo), I was thinking that there would be changes in accommodation and services as compared to my first visit which I paid at full price. To my surprise, service is same in fact it was better, some of the staff even recognizes us and knows that we were there before.

Since its our 2nd time and we know that a better view of the beach from our room means hiking to a higher area, we requested and settled for rooms on lower area. The Deluxe rooms are not air-conditioned but cool and comfortable enough.

Their buffet breakfast is still great and still love their homemade bread especially the ensymada. Dining could be a bit expensive since there's no alternative place to eat except for the restaurants in the resort. Food is ok although some are a bit on the salty side so don't bother to ask for any salt and pepper. Be on the look out for any specials (happy hour, buy one take one, menu for the day), we had Fish Fillet Burger special with generous serving of fries for lunch on our first day for only P190 and had Buffet Pasta for P290 on our 2nd day, just keep in mind that everything is priced exclusive of 12% tax and 10% Service Charge.

Coco Beach resort for me is the epitome of relaxation and exclusivity and I will be back again soon.

Room Tip: If you're not a fan of hiking going to your room, ask for deluxe rooms 1 to 4 or take the Herita...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank BigBro_Ed
Laguna
Reviewed June 5, 2012

I just got back from Coco Beach for a 2 night's stay! It was really relaxing just the way we want it. My boyfriend, I and the two other couple we were with during our stay are not really fond of partying at night so the place was just perfect for us. We got the room from a discounted online deal. If we didn't get that deal online we would have not tried the resort because they were a little bit pricey. It's normally Php3000 a night but we got it half the price online.

Here are the good points:
1. They have two lovely pools! we loved the jacuzzi in the silent pool (no additional charge) where you can order cocktails and drink while lazing in the pool. The other one is near the beach.
2. The food was so-so. But the buffet breakfast was satisfying because there were a lot to choose from. The fruits were all sweet specially the mangoes!
3. They deliver 2 complimentary bottles of water every morning.
4. You can hear and see the birds flying around the area!
5. They have tortoises in the area that you can touch!
6. Nice playground for children.
7. They have free island hopping trips everyday
8. they have lots of activities

Some bad points:
1. The water in the restroom was salty.
2. The beach was a bit rocky.
3. The deluxe rooms are fan rooms which I don't mind but better if they can replace the fans already. We can barely feel the wind coming out of it.
4. You do not get free toiletries except for soap (shampoo, toothpaste etc.)
5. Food is a bit pricey. You will be spending a minimum of Php400 per meal for two. Don't bother also giving tips because everything you buy here costs you a 10% service charge.

Though I have quite a list of bad points for this resort, I would still go back here if I spot another good deal online but may think twice still. The Boat Ride going there is nerve-wracking!!!!! I almost had a heart attack.

Room Tip: The cable jeep I think has been "under repair" for quite a while so if you don't like...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Airalace S
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed May 29, 2012

My boyfriend's family and I went to Coco beach way back last summer of 2010. I just wanted to share the experience. :) Anyway, I'd say that this resort is one of the best in Puerto Galera. I'm the type of person who wants exclusivity and doesn't like being with party people getting wild at night. (just keeping it real..) And you can get it here at this secluded island resort.

The free breakfast buffet was great! got plenty to choose from. And they taste good as well but a bit pricey. This resort has 2 swimming pools, one just near the beach and one at the top of the hill which is pretty cool. The staff was friendly and the care takers too. Staying here for 2 nights was like living in a province, very quiet at night.

During dinner time, they have a band that plays and sings Tagalog songs outside since there were lots of non-Filipino guests at the resort. It was fun, we also stayed at the bar, played some billiards and darts.

What I didn't like about the resort was the beach. But I really don't need the beach since there were 2 beautiful swimming pools available. :)

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank mlacsamana
England
Reviewed May 16, 2012 via mobile

Actually stayed there Aug2005... Why I'm writing a review now? 1. Because its a place that left a mark 2. Wasn't a reviewer back then!

Well it's a resort in a Beach-Jungle settling it a little rough round the edges so don't come if you want 5*. It's charm is its quiet ambience and relaxed environment. The huts are Nipa-style and was very clean and when we were there we were assigned quite high up the peak and yes it's a climb so if you have issues with trekking on foot up a slight hill top make sure to mention you want a Ground Level hut!
Food was as I remember wholly acceptable and affordable.
Pools were great and the small beach was good for shell collecting...
Staff was not the most attentive, but personally I only want them there if need be & they were very helpful arranging our alternative journey to the mainland due to storms... The alternative journey showed us the local scenery & was an adventure in its self, but that a different story all together!!!
Most of our stay was stormy but for me just added to the experience... Our stay was over 3nights and due to the lack of activities I would say a week would be the max.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank rzile
Roskilde, Denmark
Reviewed May 8, 2012

We had a fantastic stay at Coco Beach, Very peaceful, good food and friendly staff. Will return!!!!
stayed in Banana hill top- nice room and service family ;-)

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kurt S
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Coco Beach is a beautiful island in the most idyllic jungle setting. The accommodations are tree houses going up and down the side of a mountain. The climb to the upper reaches is significant but the uniqueness and the views are incomparable. We chose to stay in a hotel-type unit with air con and sat TV. The service was flawless, the staff very accommodating, the food was fine and the activities were involving. The boat trip through the Bay to Puerta Galera from the resort is one of the most fabulous settings i have ever experienced. We were there in 2010 and are planning a return this year. Half-way up the mountain is the "Silent Pool"., a beautiful oasis, with a pool and a bar. The view from here, through the tropical plants, is breathtaking.

Room Tip: The heritage rooms are the hotel units with air and TV. Not as beautiful as the tree houses but the...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple