“Great place to relax”

Ranked #4 of 52 Hotels in Puerto Galera
Seattle, Washington
“Great place to relax”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I spent a couple of weeks at Badladz resort. The people there are awesome, the food is good and as healthy as you need it to be, and there's internet, so you can work next to the beach. We even did workouts around the resort. It's a great place to chill out, and you'll meet some interesting people.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Joe B
BADLADZRESORT, General Manager at Badladz Beach Resort, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Hi Joe B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We really like to read about the great experiences guests like yourself had with us. I'm really happy to see you enjoyed the food here, we put lots of effort into making sure the food tastes just right for everyone's taste buds :)

We look forward to having you back here again soon.

Maylen Cooney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Perth, Australia
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My wife and I have experienced many resorts within the Philippines but our stay at Badladz was the most memorable. The food always well presented, always freshly cooked and always delivered to the table in time for us to eat together. (Not waiting).
The staff always welcoming and helpful to any requests.
The owners Maylene and Sean left nothing to chance to make our stay the best experience. Anything and everything we asked for was arranged (and where possible, personally guided by either Maylene/Sean) , shopping, tours, even the diving, and bbq were personally escorted by Sean.
Being a novice diver myself, Sean and his team of Certified dive instructors took me through the required refresher training to enable me to reenter the water safely. I cannot speak more highly of the attention given to making our dives safe. Thank you Adventure Resort, also owned by Maylene and Sean. Which by the way is genius. The Badladz resort is quiet, peaceful and yet only minutes away from the activities on offer at Adventure Resort meaning any arrangements can be made in the moment. Thank you so much to all the team at Badladz.

Room Tip: Rooms on upper level give the best views
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Pitrick.

I would like to thank you for telling us all about the great time you had with us here at the Badladz Beach Resort.When we see a review that like it makes us glad that all the work we do to make our guests happy is worthwhile. To see all the kind compliments you said really makes us happy.

We hope to see you guys back here soon for some more great memories.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

We stayed at Badladz Beach Resort for about 2 weeks and had a BLAST! The beach resort is very suitable for people who want to combine their holiday with their (online) business due to the tranquility, clean facilities and world class food (which is extremely well priced as well)

Their dive-shop is centrally located in a beautiful bay and Puerto Galera has some of the most beautiful dive sites I've ever seen. Conditions are great and the instructors Jojo, Gavin & Gavin make sure every dive is smooth and enjoyable. I did my advanced course with Badladz which was simply GREAT. I can highly recommend dive sites like the Canyons, whole in the wall, Monkey beach and Sabang wrecks, there is so much to see and visibility is superb!

Sean will be able to take to a really nice place where you can do shooting ranging from 0.45 caliber to M16. In addition you can add some paintball, go-karting and a mud buggy to the mix and you'll have a guaranteed perfect afternoon. If you want to blow off some steam and have a nice night out after a busy day there are plenty of restaurants & bars in Sabang, which was always a pleasure. In addition definitely try the floating bars, were friendly girls and cold beer will be waiting for you..

I'll most definitely be back at Badladz and look forward catching up with the staff!!

Cheers,

Sebastian.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bas W
BADLADZRESORT, General Manager at Badladz Beach Resort, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Hi Bas W ,

Thanks so much for leaving us such kind words about your stay here , we really appreciate it.

I'm really happy to read about all the great experiences you had here and of congratulations on getting your advanced license , we look forward to having you guys back here for some more great dives .

We hope to see you back here soon for some more fun and laughs.

Best regards,

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Lovely place to stay , probably the best food on the Island, everything seems simply delicious and huge portions, Mexican food the best in the Philippins their speciality such cute rooms , ok not huge but fitted out very nicely and most comfortble , but the staff is what makes this such a nice place to stay, they know how to treat there guests and the owner Myleen was more like a best friend when we had to go , , they cannot do enough for you here and the hotel is just a hidden gem , and the price for a room a bargain on the Island , see you again later this year,, we will return ;thank you Badladz .

Room Tip: All rooms are spotless as is the hotel .
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank eub4
BADLADZRESORT, General Manager at Badladz Beach Resort, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Hi eub4 ,

Thank you very much for doing a review for us , We love knowing our guests had a good time with us here. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed our food here and I will certainly let the staff know the kinds words you said about them.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Seba Beach, Canada
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Best place I've stayed at in the Philippines. Would stay there again if I return. The hospitality typical of the Filipinos is evident. Spotless rooms and restaurant, fabulous beach and pool, walking distance to the quaint downtown are more reasons I would return. While there our party golfed on a one-of-a-kind mountainside golf course, took an adventure tour into the jungle, rented motorbikes, watched the fishermen reel in their nets at night, danced and ate the most delicious fresh fruit I've ever tasted. We also shopped and bartered with the local merchants. A top shelf resort for a very reasonable price. Cheers to Mylene and her staff. Oh and one more point, if you happen to be there when Sean rolls in...you'll be treated to pirate stories and sunken ships and hours of the island's history as well as amusing tales of the Philippines as a whole.

Room Tip: No elevator so you may want to stay on ground floor.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
BADLADZRESORT, General Manager at Badladz Beach Resort, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Hi Agge F ,

Thanks so much for taking the time do give us feedback on your stay here at Badladz , we love reading about all the good memories our guests had with us.

I am happy to see you had a good time here and are thinking about coming back again to see us :) , even though it's nice to relax around the resort you shouldn't miss all the activities that are available in the area like the one's you described.

We hope to welcome you back here soon for more great memories and or course Sean sends his regards.

Take care.

Dumaguete City, Philippines
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I've stayed at this resort many times; this is my first chance at getting around to writing a review. Badladz is a great getaway from the doldrums of everyday life back in the western world. Excellent Mexican food and the staff are top notch with every whim. Small Tabinay is off the beaten path a bit, but all the trike drivers know exactly where it is. Do yourself a favor next time you're in Mindoro and book a few nights at Badladz, you won't be disappointed!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank ohhellno1
BADLADZRESORT, General Manager at Badladz Beach Resort, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Hi ohhellno1 ,

Thanks for taking the time to write us a review , we truly appreciate getting feedback from our happy guests. I am trilled to read you enjoyed our Mexican food , we import a lot of the ingredients for those recipes and we believe it helps make delicious food.

We love our quiet spot here away from other busier areas on the island , a lot of our guests enjoying falling asleep to the noise of waves on the beach front.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Santa Fe, Texas
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I have never seen paradise until I arrived at Badladz resort. I felt welcome from the very start. The staff was there for our every need. Food was very good & they prepared any way we asked. times it was very quiet & other you could hear people laughing with enjoyment of friendship. The views in the morning sunrise with the sound of the surf just kept us of relaxed.

Badladz arranged for us to scuba drive for the first time. I felt I was in good hands on our fist attempt, just awesome feeling. ready for my next dive when I return. this is one place you should not pass by..

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
BADLADZRESORT, General Manager at Badladz Beach Resort, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Hi Bruman53 ,

Thanks so much for giving us such a fantastic review here , we really enjoy knowing that our guests had such a good time with us here.

The staff will be pleased to hear the kind words you said about them. I'm glad you enjoyed the food we prepared and we were more than happy to alter some of our menu items for you . I'm really happy to hear you enjoyed your first scuba dive and felt safe with your instructor , we really like to make sure our divers feel comfortable during the practice sessions.

We hope to welcome you back here soon.

All the best.