“Absolute dive-center of choice, Prefect dive experience, superb value course”
Review of Frontier Scuba

Frontier Scuba
Ranked #5 of 24 Tours in Puerto Galera
More attraction details
Owner description: Puerto Galera's Boutique Dive Operation- a family run business for the best in personal service. With over 20 years and 20,000 dives experience in Puerto Galera and the highest rated 5 Star TDI / SDI Instructor Training facility, we are sure to take care of every level of diver. Our services include full dive vacation packages of private transfers, excellent accommodation in our partner resorts, diving, dive courses and meals at Hemingway's Restaurant. Dive are keep fun and enjoyable with just 6 divers per group on board our custom made dive boats. We dive at least 4 times daily, with more than 30 dive sites within 15 minutes of the dive center. All our dives are professionally guided and include good briefings and slow, enjoyable dives . Learn to dive starting with PADI Discover Scuba Diving / Open Water courses all the up to Advanced Trimix diver and TDI Tech Instructor courses. The Frontier Scuba Team loves to dive and show you the best of Philippines diving. Our trips are safe, fun, friendly and professional. Come Join The Fun !
Hong Kong, China
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Absolute dive-center of choice, Prefect dive experience, superb value course”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I consider myself very lucky to have my PADI Advanced Open Water with Rick last week.
Rick has invaluable diverse experience to share and had taught me many things beyond the course syllabus

We managed to do the "core" electives and learnt the "non-core" along the way.
My definition of "non-core" are boat diving, drift diving, fish identification, multi-level dive.
They lent me a dedicated SUUNTO computer dives throughout the course. (I seriously doubt if other dive center will do the same)
Hence, I feel fully satisfied on my complete learning experience.

Frontier Divemaster, Harry, is a very experienced divemaster. He's good in finding the right spot/tricks to explore the beautifull underwater world of sabang.
He remember and showed me precisely an interesting spot of attraction.

I follow Rick's instruction to get there by public transport and feel very very easy.
The arranged accomodation in Angelyn's is a very decent and popular place with great food.

I left sabang only a week ago, but already miss to be back.

I definitely recommend Frontier Scuba to all.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank wiharjo_tan

Manila, Philippines
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Frontier is the choice in Sabang!”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Hi folks, my better half and I have been heading to Sabang, Puerto Galera for diving for about a year and a half at this point. We are regulars at Frontier and having spent some time with different dive operators in Sabang, as well as all over the Philippines, we would not recommend anyone else to our friends, our family or the readers here on TripAdvisor. If you want to have a hassle free, professionally handled and safe experience Frontier is the top choice in Sabang for sure. Our only regret is that we did not discover Frontier sooner!

Rick and team run a fantastic operation and the Frontier team can, and will, help with your logistics in the Philippines if you are traveling internationally. They are very responsive to inquiries. They already know the answers to the vast majority of your questions (and in the unlikely event they don’t then they will find out). The guides and the entire team are excellent at catering to differing levels of dive experience and expertise (from beginner to tec and everything in between). They are very adept at ensuring their customers get the best opportunity to accomplish what they set out to accomplish – we have seen this time and again as they successfully juggle tec divers taking advance tec courses, beginners taking the basics and any number of fun divers looking to explore the wonderful dive sites around Puerto Galera.

We cannot underscore enough how helpful, accommodating and welcoming the whole team is. This is not the norm for dive outfits or dive resorts in the Philippines – most lack the since of professionalism that should come along with running a business (lack of responsiveness to customers, failing to really listen to what the customers are trying to accomplish, lack of attention to detail, lack of attention to safety, unclear/changing pricing and so on). In stark contrast to what is sadly often the norm you have Frontier, with whom you will not encounter any of these issues.

We try to do fun dives with Frontier as often as possible (a weekend every few months) and we also took our rescue/efr courses with Frontier as well. Both from an instructional point of view and from a fun dive point of view Frontier is unrivaled in Sabang. The instruction is thorough, patient, helpful, and insightful; in any course you will likely feel you got more than your money’s worth. The fun dives are equally great and the guides are outstanding at finding a wide variety of awesome critters.

On top of everything stated above their prices are incredibly reasonable for the area and the pricing is an outstanding bargain when you factor in the quality of service you are not likely to find elsewhere.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Mark C
“Amazing Diving - Great teacher - Wonderful enviroment!”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Rick introduced me and my "budy" to the diving world in the best way possible: nice theoretical lessons mixed with practicing diving skills, a quiet approach to any doubt, concern in order to give to you confidence and the right skill... and all of this in a wonderful environment full of diving life to be discovered.
It has became a must for us to come back again!!!

Visited August 2013
Shanghai, China
“nice diving experience with Frontier Scuba”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Thanks again Rick for his experienced traning and patience. As freshmen, we had a very good course to master the open water diving skills. Although we did many mistakes in the water, Rick was always patient and caring with us. What's more, we really love what we saw in the sea. All the corals and animals, frogfish, lionfish, snakes, turtles and "George"...we are missing them all.

Hope we could get back to sabang beach again soon to upgrade our diving license. :P

Zora

Visited August 2013
Wellington, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great team, great diving!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Thank you to everyone at Frontier Scuba, especially Corey for coaching me through my rescue and Divemaster qualification last year and making me feel as though I were among great friends. Rick planned my course, transport from the airport, and living arrangements for when I first arrived in the Philippines, making the move to Puerto Galera as easy as possible with jet lag! Rommel, Jeffery, Harry and Anthony were wonderful boatmen, divemasters and technicians and it was always lovely to spend some time laughing with the secretary, Myrenne. Corey was an extremely energetic, enthusiastic and environmentally minded instructor, who truly loved diving and inspired me to continue my diving career to become an instructor. Frontier is one of very few places in the world with such beautiful dive sites and committed people who want to conserve and continue to enjoy the reefs that surround them. Congratulations to Rick on his epic swim which raised money to end shark finning in the area. If you have the chance to dive in the Philippines, this is the place to go (for all ages and experience levels)!

I hope to see them all again soon!

Visited September 2012