“Why would you go anywhere else?”
Review of Frontier Scuba

Frontier Scuba
Ranked #5 of 24 Tours in Puerto Galera
More attraction details
Owner description: Puerto Galera's Boutique Dive Operation- a family run business for the best in personal service. With over 20 years and 20,000 dives experience in Puerto Galera and the highest rated 5 Star TDI / SDI Instructor Training facility, we are sure to take care of every level of diver. Our services include full dive vacation packages of private transfers, excellent accommodation in our partner resorts, diving, dive courses and meals at Hemingway's Restaurant. Dive are keep fun and enjoyable with just 6 divers per group on board our custom made dive boats. We dive at least 4 times daily, with more than 30 dive sites within 15 minutes of the dive center. All our dives are professionally guided and include good briefings and slow, enjoyable dives . Learn to dive starting with PADI Discover Scuba Diving / Open Water courses all the up to Advanced Trimix diver and TDI Tech Instructor courses. The Frontier Scuba Team loves to dive and show you the best of Philippines diving. Our trips are safe, fun, friendly and professional. Come Join The Fun !
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Why would you go anywhere else?”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Where else can you go for PADI, SDI and Tech diving personnel who not only offer a great variety of courses as well as fun dive experiences, but are friendly, caring, and seem to find those hidden treasures for you to photograph? Rick, Corey, Harry and Rommell were absolutely incredible to make sure our experience under the waves was something we can brag about forever. The other guys who took care of our tanks, carried our gear to and from the boat, and drove us to the dive sites always had a smile and were so helpful.

I was also so impressed with Rick's professionalism in ensuring all of his guests felt welcome, and made sure our accomodations and travel was hassle free. Rick has been at that spot for years and can tell you all kinds of stories about events, finds, and history of the local area but also about places such as Corigador, Donsol, Coron, or wherever you cared to go.

I've been to a few other places, but I am heading back to Frontier when I decide to get my divemaster course. I can't imagine getting the same great experience anywhere else.

4 Thank Casey A

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great staff, great sites”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I have dived with many dive cemtres in many countries, and Frontier Scuba was as good as any. Rick took a lot of trouble over transfers and accommodation and he and his staff laid on four days of laid-back but safe diving. I used my own equipment, but the hire gear was equally good.
There are many varied sites within a short boat ride of the centre. The coral is healthy and there is a good variety of creatures, large and small. There is also plenty to do above water, with a number of trips available and plenty of shops and places to eat. I hope to return.

3 Thank Alan G
Hong Kong, Hong Kong
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Safety first, GREAT staff, excellent shop!”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

My wife and I were certified in 2005 at Frontier and we've been diving there ever since. We recently had our kids certified (at ages 10 and 12) and the Frontier staff did a great job with them. With Rick, Corey, Harry and Rommel, safety always comes first with fun close behind. It's really a family atmosphere in the shop where everyone knows you, your capabilities, and your equipment. I've taken friends there to introduce them to Puerto Galera and to diving. In fact, a friend and I just completed our rescue diver certification with Corey - we can't get enough of the place. The staff is very helpful arranging accomodations and transportation - VERY reasonably priced. Can't recommend Frontier enough -

2 Thank Marc G
San Diego, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Amazing diving and incredible staff!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I have been living in Hong Kong now for 3 years and I have wanted to do my Open Water diving certification for a long time now. Many of my coworkers visit Puerto Galera for diving several times a year and have been diving with Frontier Scuba for the last 8 years. I love the ocean but I was a bit scared to give diving a try. My friends always showed me such amazing photos that I finally had enough and decided to see for myself.

After begging for months, I finally convinced my girlfriend who is scared of everything in the water to do her Open Water with me also. Several of my friends have done courses over the years with the owner Rick and his instructor Corey. Rick was so great at handling our questions and booking us transfers and accommodation from the airport. He responded immediately which is very rare in Asia :)

When we arrived Corey greeted us at the ferry pier and showed us to our rooms which was next door to the dive shop. We started our course that same afternoon. Corey explained the breakdown of the course schedule and calmed my girlfriend's irrational fears. He told her not to worry because he always carries shark repellent :) Over the next three days we did waterskills in the pool, classroom lessons, and 4 open water dives. Corey was very patient with us and allowed us to move at our own pace. He always kept up laughing and made the course so much fun! We had such an amazing time and my girlfriend is now hooked on diving and cannot wait to go back and dive again with Frontier. The rest of the staff was so friendly and helpful also! They carried our tanks on and off the boat and made things so easy for us. We want to thank everyone at Frontier for an amazing experience! We will be going back in April to do our Advanced Open Water course. See you soon!

3 Thank Kevin C
Ibiza, Spain
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Open water experience”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Myself and my girlfriend were in the Philippines and had learning to dive on our list of things to do, so when we arrived in Sabang, Puerta Galera we felt like this was a good place to do it, and we were completely right! We had a look in a few of the dive shops, but Frontier Scuba stood at as very friendly, helpful and professional on all fronts. We did the Open Water certification with Corey, who was really patient and helpful, and even good to go out with for a beer afterwards!
We can not thank him enough for his help, and the other guys from the shop, we will definately be going back for more diving with Frontier Scuba.
We have now dived in 4 areas in the Philippines and Sabang has stood out as being the most colourful and diverse area, even just in the 'beginner' areas! We look forward to going back, maybe for the advanced course!

Visited January 2013
2 Thank MarkSutton1234
ManilaRick, Owner at Frontier Scuba, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Hi. Thanks for the nice review - Corey had a great time teaching you and his job was made easy with a good student ! Well done and welcome to the world-wide fraternity of divers. Hope to see you back here soon. We're not going anywhere and the diving will be as good as ever !