“OWD + AOWD diving”
Review of DiveVIP - CLOSED

DiveVIP
More attraction details
Owner description: located in sabang beach, puerto galera. Dive VIP is a small, professional dive centre with Instructors and Guides who have over 20 yrs experience diving and teaching in the area.
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Just awesome. If you want to dive or study diving - this is your place. If not - what are you doing in Sabang? We are finished our Open Water and Advanced Open Water here and did some fun dives also. John is very patient and experienced instructor, it`s totaly his achievment that i love diving now. And prices are very good, compared to other local diveshops.
Thank you for a great vacation! If some of my friends will look for a dive shop - this is definitely one i`ll recomend!

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Dive VIP were recommended to us by a diver we met elsewhere in the Philippines who'd been trained there. We sent a few emails to find out more. We received prompt helpful replies, so booked 3 days/6 dives.

Jonno was very professional and always organised groups of divers with similar experience. The groups were always small, so the dive sites were never crowded. The sites are so close to shore that the transfers take only a few minutes, which is great.

The regulators (DVs) were brand new and fabulous to use, the BCDs were also fairly new, as was my wetsuit. However, we struggled to find bootees and fins to fit my tiny feet (UK3, EU35, US5) and my husband's large feet (UK10 US11). In fact, a trainee diver had to give up the fins she'd been using, as they were the only ones that would stay on my feet! A minor issue, and I think Jonno was about to order some more new equipment.

We also stayed in DIVE VIPs accommodation. The bed was comfy, but the room was a bit "tired". You can probably get better value rooms elsewhere.

We are both experienced divers (nearly 1000 dives between us) and we are happy to recommend Dive VIP to both trainees and experienced divers. It's a small operatoin that really looks after its divers!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I can recommend VIP as one the best in Sabang. Me and my buddy spend one week diving with John and Dive VIP. I wrote to several dive centers in Sabang and the reply from John was swift and detailed. John offered us the best price among the local dive centers for dive&stay package, including my AOWD, and was very kind of booking our stay just next door to Dive VIP. Location is great as most popular dive sites are just one hundred meters from dive centre, and the most interesting like shark cave and the canyons are not far away too. The dive boat departs directly from the door of Dive VIP. Such a convenient location saves plenty of your time which you can use for something else. Kasper and Tanja are just amazing instructors and guides. They demonstrated excellent knowledge of the area, currents, tides and underwater life. Our dives were kind of tailor-made, group was no more than 4-6 person max, and also they were arranging dives to the exact area we wanted to see. If the conditions were not good for a given site these guys were really keen to discuss and offer best alternative. Safety was on a high standard, detailed briefing before each dive, good planning and navigation underwater. I was also taking my AOWD with Tanja and she is the best instructor, very professional, patient and encouraging having fun on every dive or exercise! Kasper and Tanja were finding and showing lot's of quite rare animals and fish, like big seahorse, cuttlefish, snake eels hiding in sand which you might be not be able to find if you don't know the area well. There is no really big fish in the area, whilst we visited a breathtaking site with 2-3ft giant clams spread at the shallow bottom, followed by the fields of soft coral with small aquatic animals. These guys are really fond of what they're doing and love underwater habitats. We were even so lucky to watch hunting thresher shark while hanging on plateau at shark cave. According to Kasper who did a great job to spot it and select a position at which we could be hardly seen, the shark was over 4m and half of it was her tail fin. After a minute of watching the shark went away finally disturbed by the bubbles from our happy and smiling company. The guides were scheduling most of the dives as long relaxing drifts which normally saves your air and gives you plenty of time for hanging over an aquatic animal and taking picture from different positions. Kasper and Tanja were spotting plenty of tiny macro like clown frog fish, ghost pipe fish, nudi branches of all types and colors so we were happy with our chances to take a good shot. Additionally, John had organized for us a day trip to Verde Island through his diver friends, which was an absolutely amazing dive spot. We dived on pinnacle site, which is a rock in the sea and downstream walls, watching thousands of fish of all types and sizes, macro, 12ft coral, morays, tuna, nudies, worms and many others. The conditions were a bit tough, mid-size waves, currents, but the adventure was worth it! All in all, with Dive VIP it was an awesome diving experience, professional job done by the guides, a very nice and friendly attitude and a lot of fun! Dive VIP are highly recommended for both starters and amateur divers and those who love underwater photography.

Many thanks John, Kasper and Tanja!

Reviewed February 13, 2014

My husband and I spent a sweet holiday with Dive VIP. All people here are very nice. I wrote to several diving shops in PG before i came here, John replied me nice and detailed, also with the cheap price. I got my ow and aow here and Tanja is the best instructor ever. She is nice, patient and most of all, very beautiful. It's quite lucky to have her here otherwise i may not able to enjoy diving so much. There's one time only my husband and i went to a fundive which is the most romantic experience in the world. Wish you a happy life foverver, Tanja and Gasper.

we went PG during the Chinese New Year which is a crowded time. Even though, we got real VIP service in DiveVIP. Thank all of you so much.

BTW, we live in montani resort DiveVIP arranged for us which is a very good holiday resort. not very luxury, but quite relax and looks like a real holiday resort.

如果在春节、十一等假期来pg岛,中文潜店人满为患的情况下,DiveVIP或许是个不错的选择,尽管条件一般(没有游泳池),但教练还是不错的,人少啊,人少潜导才能看得过来不是,对初学者绝对有用,那个女教练塔尼亚超级耐心超级细心的说,会一直看着,那个男的就比较一般啦。我们就是因为人少才选的这家,最后也觉得很满意,在春节期间还能享受VIP服务,一对二出去fundive,尽管是岸潜,但是还是有大海龟看,觉得好开心。当然,这家店里没人会将中文的说。。。所以必须得会讲英语。。。

Reviewed February 13, 2014

I went with a friend of mine. The staff were always very helpful and patient in answering all my questions. They took me to excellent dive sights but also greeted me with friendly words when they saw me on the beach.
At the end the owner not only gave me a big discount in my final balance, but also ordered booties for me with his staff discount.
I hope to dive with them again some time and I can fully recommend Dive VIP to anyone.