“VIP for everyone!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of DiveVIP - CLOSED

DiveVIP
More attraction details
Owner description: located in sabang beach, puerto galera. Dive VIP is a small, professional dive centre with Instructors and Guides who have over 20 yrs experience diving and teaching in the area.
“VIP for everyone!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

What only should have been one or two dives ended up becoming 8 dives of beauty, fun, professionalism and new friends. We enjoyed our dives with Kasper and Tanja, who are great company and even better divemaster and instructor. They went out of their way to help us plan our next dive adventure in the Philippines. They constumized the dives after our wishes, which made the whole experience better. Everything is possible with these guys and when we come back to the Philippines, we know where we are going! :)

Visited October 2013

Doha
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very professional course”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

Great experience for my first PADI course. I really enjoy to do my PADI Rescue Diver Course with DIVE VIP. They are very professional and over all it was a very safe experience, which is a most for a Rescue course. All this done in Sabang Beach which is a so nice and easy place to dive. Thank you to Mads and Tanja.

Visited May 2013
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

I just finished my advanced open water course with Tanja (and Kasper) and could really recommend them to everyone. These two dive instructors really love to dive and make you feel comfortable at the water. I enjoyed every dive I did with them. There is room for fun, but safety and your concern come first, as it should be. Looking for dive courses, you won't regret this one.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Mhhhh”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

I cannot fault the friendliness of the team there...however there were so many other things the we as a group weren't happy with. There was a lack of organisation on the dives, especially when our two boat came together, total confusion reigned then. On a trip to the Verde islands the dive master didn't know 2 of his divers hadn't managed to descend before the current took them away from the site. After being told that divers were missing, he had a group hang on to the coral for 10mins in a raging current!
Another dive to giant clams...out instructor got lost! It took two of our dive group to find the site 40mins into the dive!
Buddy checks were not encouraged, just fall in as quickly as possible.
We won't be using VIP on our return trip to Sabang.

Visited October 2013
john298573, Owner at DiveVIP, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Hi Jt
Thank you so much for your review. We are very disappointed and sorry that you did not enjoy your dive as much as we would love you to. However, we will point out things on the issues that you have raised.

Two Boats:
We have a boat that would not fit the size of the group, so we used 2 boats for every divers' convenience and comfortability. The group were divided into two for the rest of the dive trip, and if there were any confusions arose, anyone could have approached the divemasters.

Verde Trip:
During this dive, the group were all waiting for all the divers to come down, and the Divemasters noticed that 2 divers did not showed up because they were drifted by the strong current on the surface. One of the three DMs went back to the surface and saw them on the boat. The divers then decided to come back down and join the group. Meanwhile, the rest of the group were waiting at the corals under the two DM's supervision.

Giant Clams:
We are sorry that one of the DM took some time to find the divesite due to really bad visibility. In addition, two divers were having trouble descending due to ear problems, with a mild current present drifted away from the site area. We wish the weather could have been better during your trip.

Buddy Checks:
As part of DiveVIP standards, DM's informed the divers to perform their buddy checks before the dives. Every dive was never been in a hurry to make sure safety comes first.

Jt, we deeply appreciate your review, and these issues have been taken on board. We hope you will still consider diving with us on your next visit to Sabang.

Best Regards

John Barratt - Owner
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic First Dive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

I have always been interested in learning how to dive, but I'm an extremely nervous swimmer. John and Tanja are amazing. I have nothing but praise for Dive VIP. I did my PADI Open Water Course with John and although I was nervous, his patience, instructing style and experience was just what I needed to make me feel safe. Tanja took me out on my first fun dive and her relaxed, yet controlled approach gave me even more confidence in the water. I thoroughly enjoyed my diving experience with them.

Visited September 2013