“fun and awesome getaway!!!!!”

The Manor at Puerto Galera
Ranked #25 of 52 Hotels in Puerto Galera
Higashihiroshima-shi, Hiroshima, Japan
“fun and awesome getaway!!!!!”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

my wife and i stayed at the manor to spend a quiet christmas and of course for our 2nd honeymoon.the staff was very friendly and helpful,from our room the view is spectacular.its worth it. we will definitely recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed December 8, 2012

We stayed at The Manor a couple of years ago and all our expectations were exceeded! We returned in late Nov 2012 and were so pleased to see that quality of service and accomodations remained at such a high level. The manor is one of the best places to stay anywhere in the Philippines...period. Ms Em, operations Manager and her staff were truly customer focused as always, and enthuisastic in their pursuit of exellence. Love the location and the ambiance...pool was great, people warm and friendly. Enthusiastically recommend!

Room Tip: Talk to Ms Em and she will match room with your needs/desires
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 29, 2012

The Manor is a wonderful building. The thought and care that has gone into its design and running is evident all over the place. It's really like a mansion guest house, with only a few rooms and loads of beautiful common spaces in which to relax or socialise.

But the experience of The Manor is really made by the people who run it, especially the wonderful Ms Em. Everyone goes way out of their way to make sure that each guest has a wonderful time at the Manor and around Puerto Galera, and it really feels like they mean it.

Room Tip: They're all corner rooms, how can you go wrong!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Stayed here to get away from Manila and to scuba dive during the All Saints/Souls long weekend. Everything went smoothly starting with me leaving the Manila and ending with my return. Not being familiar with PI, Ms Em set up transportation from my Manila hotel (van to Batangas pier, provided explicit instructions on how to buy the ticket and get on the right ferry to being met at Meulle Pie r for the short truck ride to the Manor) and then back to Manila. Me having never done this before, the instructions were a big help.

Rented the motorbike as a convenient way to get to town. The trips along the road to Sabang provided an added bit of excitement itself. The rooms were clean but the bed was just average.

In addition to diving, I was able to get in some sailing as the hotel is located directly above the Puerto Galera Yacht Club. Ms Em directed me on who to talk to at the YC and in no time I was crewing on a ketch sailing in the All Souls Regatta.

Breakfast each morning was very good and highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank JSailo1r
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Before we arrive at Puerto Galera I simply step on the sidewalk the wrong way causing it to sprain and I'm so worried that this could ruined our vacation but Ms. Em recommend the famous "Manga gamot" in town and we took a tricycle and go there and the next day when I woke up the pain is gone. ;) Manor or simply the MANSION is very peaceful with incredible and breathtaking views it's like your staying in your own home. Napaka romantic ng place especially pag sunset at sunrise.Stiff lang masyado ang paakyat ng manor since its in the hill from Muelle pier you can saw already the Manor.The food is great! Ms. Em is a great help suggesting where we can go and explaining the route on how we could reach the place.Manor is best for honeymooner's, family.I would like to commend Ms. Em the most welcoming and helpful and the whole staff of manor for making our stay the most memorable experience we ever had.The staff is always smiling to kuya Arthur who fetched us in the pier, to ate in the resto sorry I forgot her name who always making our kapeng barako, to the chef for our delicious breakfast and dinners. We booked Superior Room and requested that if we could have our own veranda and to my surprise Ms. Em upgraded our room to Filipino Room without charging at any cost. Also, I would like to thank Ms. Marie also for answering all my inquiries and my request thru email..Also try their massage its very relaxing and two thumbs ups to well trained massage therapist..I hope they will finished asap constructing the road going to the manor and put some lights in the evening. We requested a scooter to roam around puerto galera and instead of 500php per day they give a 400php per day for 2 days. We go to Tamaraw Falls, White Beach and Papa Fred's Stakehouse.

Room Tip: Filipino room is good location. Hire scooter to roam around puerto galera. Try the famous Papa Freds...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LAKWATSA P
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I have stayed in hotels in White Beach & Sabang. I wish I would have found this place much sooner. It is located very close to Puerto Galera and is perched on a hill top which gives you the prettiest view. The rooms are very clean, the swimming pool was clean and well maintained, the food was incredible. The services was above and beyond from everyone there. I ended up staying another night. The place is secure and safe. The staff are extremely resourceful. I will post pictures!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Burqueman505
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I have to agree with Luis S. The manor is better than sabang and white beach. The rooms, views, food, facilities, stately design, staff and peaceful natural atmosphere are the best.
I have received two free room upgrades since arriving. It is the off season at the moment, Ms Em is looking after me.
There was a power interruption when i arrived five days ago, but have not had any problems since then and this effects the whole of puerto galera anyway. There is a generator on site.
The staff at The Manor organized a private van to pick me up from manila airport, the driver was naturally friendly and the van was clean. He drove me to the ferry within the time that he said it would take and i was charged the price, which the manor staff said it would cost.
Im writing this review on the free internet at the manor, in the beautiful common area.
I have been trying to learn some Philippine words, so Marie (staff) wrote me a translation list as i did not buy a dictionary. Hotel staff do not have to do this. Very welcoming, very helpful.
I would recommend THIS hotel to anyone looking for a serene experience. For noisy nightlife go to sabang.
I hired a scooter and tried to ride to sabang one afternoon. I got lost in the jungle somewhere and asked for directions from a local who didn't speak English. she was only too happy to help and so were many other locals i asked, after not finding my destination on other occasions. No-one got angry at me when i rode down the wrong side of the road either (its opposite to australia). The roads are in good condition and most road users drive safely. Its good to see speed barriers near schools and high pedestrian areas. Road works and single lanes are sign posted also.

Enjoy
I certainly did.

Chris

Room Tip: enjoy a great view from any room i think. such is the location of this hotel. very quiet in all room...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo