“It was a great stay!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

The Manor at Puerto Galera
Ranked #25 of 54 Hotels in Puerto Galera
Reviewed June 21, 2012

my sisters and I including my mom stayed at this hotel last June21, since the very first minute the hotel staffs were really friendly and very accommodating. we had a very refreshing complimentary drinks. the room was good we had a good view of the forest & ocean which made our camera really happy. the pool was also great warm and inviting. the only thing is we didn't have internet access in our room, but they have a big living room in the mansion, they have a computer that the guests can use for free and wifi is available. the breakfast was great we really enjoyed it lots of meals to choose from... one of the downsides is they are not close to downtown, have to take a trike to get to a small town. 10 mins walk from the beach ( Sand Bar Resort) which is not bad.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed June 5, 2012

We spent three lovely days in this hotel and it was really wonderful. After not very pleasant experience from Manila and Batangas this was completely different. Altought we didn't stated the time of our arrival (which I highly recommend) and despite the fact we got off the boat at the wrong beach, they did pick us up and from that time everything was really perfect.
We got the View room, which has really the right to have this name. The view was spectacular, overviewing the sea, harbour, mountains... it was simply amazing during the sunset. We also got a welcome drink, which came really helpful after the long journey.

The manager is very sweet and helpful with everything you want to know, as well as all the staff, smiling all the time, making a real effort to make your stay remarkable and memorable.

Breakfast is complimentary and you can choose from a variety of breakfast styles like philippinos, spanish, german, european etc. All of them were really delicious.

Pool is not big but very comfortable as well as the pool chairs. Beach is about 10 min walk from the hotel but is very nice and quiet. It is completely different from the busy places like white beach or sabang.

if you are coming by boat from batangas, make sure you take a ferry to Muelle and get off the boat there, as it usually continues to white beach.

There are also lot of possibilities where to have a nice drink in the Puerto Galera, we went to some of them just next to the port Muelle.Really good value for the drinks!

So, if you are after a relaxing and quiet holiday, want to have a nice sleep and be treated really like a guest, you should definitely choose this place.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sunloverCZ
Reviewed June 3, 2012

The Manor is a very unusual experience - it's more like staying at a friend's place than being in a hotel. Having said that, the friend has a really nice place with lots of rooms and even some private villas that will hold families. The Manor is unusual because it was the dream of one man, an American from San Francisco named Bill Lutt, who came to Puerto Galera in search of a scuba dive location and ended up marrying a Philippina and building a landmark. The Manor (aka the Mansion) is high on a hill overlooking the harbor where the outrigger ferries bring visitors to Puerto Galera. Because of its location, it's clear of mosquitos as well as the noisy motorbikes, jeepies and sidecars of the township and well clear of the slightly sleazy Sabang - which is about 15kms away if you really want to go. The Manor has its own swimming pools but it's a short walk to the harbor and the sand bar beaches, or Bill's fabulous staff will organize a ride for you. There's a yacht club where ageing ex-pats gather and tell stories of the way the world used to be, and there are shops and bars where the youngsters gather with the latest music. All in all, you'd be able to find pretty much anything you want here, but I just wanted some peace and quiet to relax - and that was available too. March, April and May are the months for HOT sunshine, then the rainy season starts in June and lasts three months. The rest of the year is hot and tropical. Take your pick !

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank beatric
Reviewed May 9, 2012

I want to write that the Manor really blew me away. The rooms are lovely. The family room i stayed in was really nice, it had everything that i needed. Queen sized bed and a living room area, probably comparable to the suite in the holiday inn i'm staying now at the los angelas. I've stay at the Capella,a 6 star hotel in singapore,sentosa and it seemed like a simpler version of that. The thing that would most set them apart from others is the personal touch stemming from the manager Ems flowing down to all the staff. I was with my wife and 7 month old kid, all the staff wouldnt hesitant to carry or play with our son and they were always very friendly. It felt like they were really genuinely there for you and not just out for a quick tip. It doesnt matter if you ate at their restaurant or not, though i'll highly recommend their breakfast is awesome and dinner too, they'll still treat you like a guest and respect what decisions u make.

The hotel seems full during this period and yet the manager and front desk are always stationed at their front desk so that u can contact them if you need anything. Best thing is they dont make you wait around for nothing and they seem to be able to manage their guests well.

It's not that far from manila and ms Em will write to you to ask if you need assistance before you arrive. The best thing is the people there really seem like they are nice cos they like having you around so it's really a nice feeling. They would really welcome you and yes the locals are nice as well. Laid back and friendly.

The pool was so clean and warm that my 7 month infant actually played in it for an hour. The view as many before me have said is breathtaking. They even arranged an island hopping trip for us which u paid directly to the boat man and not to them so they dont take any commission from that.

All in all, if you want a place that you can live in relative comfort with all the luxuries like cable tv, flat screens and wifi and yet near to the beach and nature. Do stay here.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, get a suite. For better wifi, request for rooms on the 2nd level and upwards...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank nigch
Reviewed May 5, 2012

I wanted a place away from White Beach or Sabang, yet close to all the diving and beaches. So I chose The Manor. I can confirm that this is the most unique and stunning property in Puerto Galera. The luxury for value was fantastic, the service was great, and their diving and spa people are top notch. I will be coming back next year for two weeks and will stay in one of the suites, it is worth the extra money!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank 34REbecca
Reviewed April 22, 2012

The Manor at Puerto Galera is perfect for people to relax and unwind. I can say its one of the best hotels we ever stayed in all my travel experiences. Upon arriving at the hotel, you can already tell why it has a high rating here in TripAdvisor. The view of the bay is breath taking, the place most relaxing and service is really great. Its perfect for people wanting to unwind and relax, away from all the hustle of the city. I had the best sleep in months in this place, the place is so quiet and tranquil. The food is excellent, from the free complimentary breakfast to the main courses, no need to go out to other restaurants. I'm not really a guy who likes painting but the art decorations especially in the lobby is a nice addition. One of the things we always look out for in a place to stay is the Wi-Fi connection since my work requires me to always stay online, and The Manor's wireless internet connection was good enough.

Me and my partner stayed for two nights and would definitely extend our stay if not due to my limited time for this quick vacation. The only reason I'm not giving a perfect 5 rating is because the beach is too far from the hotel itself (about 10 mins walk), and the walk back is kinda difficult because its uphill.

Room Tip: Get the rooms facing the Bay for the best view
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Franz F
Reviewed March 24, 2012

Within minutes of arriving we extended our stay from 4 days to 8! Kinda sums up this review!

We 'splashed out' on the best room in the house . . . . . . .OK, I lie . . . . . . .we only spent 5,000 Peso's a night on the best room in the hotel and it is an absolute steal.

Loved the comfort and views to die for. Ms Em is a gem.

The best recommendation of a hotel is deciding if you would ever go back. Well - if we ever visit Puerto Galera again there is nowhere else I'd stay. Luxury at rock-bottom prices.

Room Tip: Has to be The Presidential Suite - superb.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple