“The Perfect trip” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sunsplash Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Puerto Galera
Sunsplash Resort
Ranked #29 of 52 Puerto Galera B&B and Inns
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“The Perfect trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2011

Thanks Baz, Gary, Jon, and all the wonderful people I met during the best 3 weeks I can remember! Great value , great hosts, cool beer and stories to grin at long after leaving ! Forever in your debt for ridding me of fear of diving . See you all next year Nick G

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2010

I spend a month in the Philippines and my plan was to dive as much as possible. I visited a few places and one of them was Blue Ribbon in Puerto Galera. I thought I should stay just for a few days, but I ended up staying in two weeks.
The dive sites are located just around the bay. Actually, you can find excellent dive sites just 500 meter from the dive shop. The variety of the dive sites in the area is amazing. Also, due to the locations of all the islands around Sabang the current can act a bit strange which makes the dives more interesting. And I can tell, when you go diving with Dive Master Baz from Blue Ribbon, you can feel totally safe. Baz has so much experience from his days when he was a Royal Marine diver for the British Navy. And I can assure you, if he has a story to tell, it is definitely worth listening too.
I also took the Rescue course at Blue Ribbon. Instructor John makes the course very interesting and exciting. You’ll understand that the Rescue course is his favorite course to teach.
So, if you are planning to go diving in Sabang/Puerto Galera, I can recommend staying at the Sunsplash Resort next to Blue Ribbon’s dive shop. It is very convenient and the staff makes you feel very welcome.
I will for sure return to Blue Ribbon. I had a great time there!!!!

//Pierre Ermanno

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Almere
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2010

We did 8 dives with Blue Ribbon. It was a very good experience. They are professional, have good equipment but do not ask the highest rates.

We also did the nitrox specialty course over here. This was also a very good experience for us. We would like to thank Jon and Baz for their instructions, guiding and friendliness.

We did not stay in the hotel so our review does only concern the dive shop.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jgreydanus
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2010

Our stay at Sunsplash was great and I would recommend this quiet end of town. The owners and staff were most accommodating and very convenient as the diveshop is on the premises.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank sherriterando
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2010

Just got back from 2 weeks at Sunsplash resort. It is truely a beautiful place. The accomodation couldnt get any closer to the beach front. Gary and Karen makes a great hosts of Sunsplash. The boys John and Barry from blue ribbon diving are great. They have loads of fantastic dive sites, a must when in Sabang. There is lots more to do around the island while your there if you dont fancy diving. there are some great snorkeling sites. the boys at sunsplash can advice you on any good trips and you must experiance a jeepney ride its lots of fun. The night life is great and the people are so friendly and helpful. see you next year xx

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Knighty246
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2010

We arrived in Puerto Galera after a hectic ride on a small bemo and took a walk along the waterfront to find a place to stay. We asked for rooms in the hotels we passed, but they were all too expensive and not friendly or welcoming. When we walked by Sunsplash resort, Jonathan - the guy running the dive center - was standing outside and waved us in. The rooms that we were shown were clean, pretty and inexpensive with a great natural ambiance. The diving packages were very cheap and the equipment new, the staff and the owner were extremely friendly and knowledgeable and gave us confidence during the dives. We were invited for their weekly barbecue as if we were part of the family and all in all it was an utterly unforgettable stay! The best and most fun place we stayed during our 2 months of travelling! Thanks guys!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank Ellen_OG
singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2010

I went to Puerto Galera for a dive trip and ended up at Blue Ribbon Divers & Sunsplash Resort which was unexpected one of the best stay I had. At that time, Blue Ribbon Divers was newly set up when I was there and Sunsplash Resort was having some renovation for their cafe. However, the service provided by Gary and Karen was totally great! Price was reasonable, rooms were clean everyday. The condition of the rooms superb, Included was a private toilet, aircon, tv, mini fridge.Simple rooms but it has everything you need.The only bad thing is that no hot spot was available during my time of stay.
Right at the doorstep of Sunsplash Divers was just Blue Ribbon Divers which was owned by Jonathan Venn-very kind and friendly instructor who has lots of patience while i took my Nitrox course. Dive prices are very reasonable as well!
Met many solo traveler during my stay at Sunsplash which made my trip even more exciting.
Check them out! you WILL NOT regret!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo