“Great place with a great team”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Puerto Galera
ABWonderdive + Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 62 Puerto Galera B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 16, 2014

During my stay in the Philiippines (2005-2009) I have been to ABWonderdive 2 times.
It's a great place, a bit off the busy (and dirty) Sabang Beach. More relaxed but within walking distance to Sabang Beach.
Alice and Bjorn are very helpful, friendly and I had some nice and relaxing dives.
The room I had, was not the biggest, but totally sufficient and clean.
Diving equipment are in good condition, well maintained.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Wolfgang E

Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

As a solo traveler, the assurance of safety is guaranteed. Bjorn and alice facilitates everything from coordination to dive proper. ABwonderdive marks as the best dive operator for me: highly regulated dive operations which includes the maintanance of equipment, ratio of divers and instructors, convenience of divers, and compliance with dive rules. Aside from these: i enjoy their food especially the carbonara and hamburger. I love the staff: their service and friendliness and most of all, i appreciate the kindness of bjorn and alice for accomodating my requests.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank desdexplorer
Reviewed February 3, 2014

For the past 5 years of vacationing in Sabang with my bf, last time was our first time to dive with ABWonderdive. Owners Alice and Bjorn were so welcoming with a big smile and very accommodating. They have this personality that made us felt comfortable the whole time. And this personality passes to their staff, everyone were so helpful, nice and cool. You could really see how good the relationship with their employees. The resort were organized and clean. We will definitely dive/stay with them again. Really worth it. :)

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I recently noticed a scathing review about ABWonderdive. REALLY! Of all the places I have dived AB Wonderdive has been my favorite.

I have seen many testosterone fueled reviews on trip advisor and perhaps have written a few myself but, this review is totally unwarranted. My memories of AB Wonderdive are very clear. The first impression was of Alice greeting me with a smile so wide she could have swallowed a banana sideways. I immediately felt extremely welcomed.

Secondly Bjorn was offering to take my dive bag so I needn't worry about equipment. I stayed in the room next door to them for more than a week and didn't hear any noise whatsoever. They appeared to me to be a happily married couple running a family business.

I am not a very good diver but they never made me feel inadequate, instead they helped me improve my skills enormously during my stay. It is simply not in their nature to act as described by that reviewer.

As to a lack of flexibility, when we wanted a night dive it was immediately added to the schedule. When one of our members complained about the dive being to early and therefore too crowded with other divers the dive time was immediately changed.

Alice and Bjorn are just running a small business. They employ good staff who love them. Why attack such a wonderful company in such a merciless way? The criticisms are both unfounded and unwarranted the person making such awful comments needs to go into the room of mirrors and take a good long hard look at herself.

I plan to return to AB Wonderdive again this month and look forward to seeing everyone again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 1, 2014

My family and I took our Open Water Diving licenses at ABWonderdive back in July 2013. This was a great experience where the instructors really understood our different needs. My wife never tried even scuba diving before and Alice gently helped her feeling safe and getting comfortable with this new experience.
We live in Manila and have visited and dived at ABWonderdive 4 times afterwards and every time they carefully listen to our needs and supports us during the dives. We decide how many dives we want and they fulfill our wishes as long as the weather allows it.
We always get a great service from everybody at the center and it is obvious to everyone that the center is driven with compassion and respect for the nature and the employees.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We just spend 5 great days diving with ABWonderdive. The shop is owned by Alice and Bjorn, a Danish couple we had met on a previous trip to Puerto Galera four years ago. We found them so friendly and genuinely in love with diving that we promised ourselves that if we ever returned we would dive with them. So here we are!

When we contacted them we found Alice and Bjorn are very responsive to our emails, they organized the round trip transfer from Manila to Sabang and the lodging for us.

Their staff is professional and friendly, from the DM to the kitchen staff they always make sure your needs are met. After being introduce to the staff they will always remember your name, this is a small gesture that shows they are keen in making you feel at home during your stay.

They have three boats and can accommodate large and small groups. We were never more than four divers/DM, and they made sure to match the skills of the divers in each group.

The dive center is well organized, they have dedicated rinse tanks (always important for photographers), storage/drying area for your equipment. They also have a kitchen and a bar onsite, the food is delicious and freshly prepared, the portions are huge! I recommend the mango shake as an afternoon treat.

After diving you can relax at the bar and Ogie (the barman) will prepare you an exotic cocktail.

Everyday the staff will setup your equipment exactly the way you want it and load it on the boat. Before each dive the guides (all locals), will hand draw a very accurate map of the dive site and give you a thorough briefing before heading out. All the DMs are excellent, we dove with Mike, Leo and Marlon, they are always smiling and their diving skills are incredible.

During our visit Alice, Bjorn, Ramona and the rest of the staff managed three OW classes, and at least another dozen divers going on tours. Every went smoothly, we had the pleasure of seeing a group of new divers get certified. After all these years you could still see the joy of Alice and Bjorn when they came back from their respective dives. You don't always see the owners being active members of the dive staff.

I'm writing this on the boat ride back to Luzon for our transfer to Manila and my wife and I are already dreaming of coming back.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We've enjoyed several dives with ABWonderdive this year and the happy staff ensured high quality dives and great company when on land. It feels like one big family there. I got my Open Water Certificate there and the teaching and training was great. For lunch, I can strongly recommend their "Frikadelle sandwich"!

Room Tip: Both rooms have the most perfect view.