“Good Hotel,brilliant diving”

Ranked #2 of 52 Hotels in Puerto Galera
Malaysia
“Good Hotel,brilliant diving”
Reviewed May 19, 2011

I went to the Philippines to dive,but without any great expectations---following research on the 'Net. I was pleasantly surprised--the diving,especially the "macro" was incredible--a lot to do with my superb guide Rico.
An extra bonus was the hotel---I am used to pretty basic accommodation when diving,but this was top notch.Very clean and comfortable,terrific facilities--multi channel satellite tv,and a small swimming pool(why would you need bigger,the sea is 5 yards in front of hotel!!),pool table,two bars and restaurant on site--for a small hotel,I doubt it could be beaten. It was so good,I extended my 9 day package to a fortnight!! The staff could not be more friendly and helpful---in fact,I had to ask the room cleaner to not change bed linen and towels EVERY day(doing my bit for the environment). Another bonus,for me,was that it was a short distance away from the hubbub of Sabang town--although only a 1/4 hour walk or more usually a boat ride(always readily available).
I would definitely return,and would recommend it to any other divers--or just holidaymakers.

Room Tip: I stayed in the budget room-good value
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
5 Thank Alecgtp

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Odense
Reviewed March 12, 2011

Ok hotel at the price. Dont come here for the beach, ist very small, but diving and snorkelign is great. Be aware that the nearby town Sabang is a place where european men find philippine girlfriends. You will meet them everywhere, so dont come if you dont like things like that

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Per V
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed March 9, 2011

the people in scandinavian divers ,are dedicatet profesionel divers an instruktors, easygoing fun dudes that loves to joke araund, and have a great knowlege about the so many divesites in the place ,shure they will assist u on nightly trips in to Sabang , my complyment to the 'peters' manegement

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank deepdive9mm
Rörbäck
Reviewed February 21, 2011

Did not stay at Scandinavian divers,
but used them as a dive operator.
Can highly recommend them!
The guides are great critter spotters and good equipment.

Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank NicoRorback
Guilin
Reviewed February 8, 2011

I have no idea why they called this place the Scandinavian Divers - and I forgot to ask but you really don't have to come from Denmark, Sweden or Norway to visit this excellent resort and dive centre. You don't even have to dive if you'd rather do something else. There's lots to do here and the staff of the resort are so friendly in helping you relax and enjoy whatever it is that makes your holiday.
The place is owned by a west coast American who is currently acquiring Campbell's along the beach. When the two combine fully, I'm sure it will be twice as good as it was when I stayed there but it's hard to see how they can improve on the excellent service I received. The dive master is a very confident guy who looks after everyone and makes absolutely sure you are safe. As I was leaving, I decided two things. The first is that I will return; the second is that I will return to the Scandinavian Divers. Well done to all the staff, I'll be back at the first opportunity.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank rteluk
Shanghai
Reviewed January 31, 2011

If you want easy access to downtown Sabang ,but enjoy peace and romance and staying from the noise as well, Scandinavia Divers is the perfect place for you . It has been a year since I were with friend, and we have to say it is about time to go back again! Everything there has been quite an adventure and so much fun .

Eat:

All kinds of local and western food at all options with good price. We don’t have to worry about looking for different food all the time, everyday still expect exotic food from your own resort, which is so convenient. Service there will amaze you ,warm big smile from pretty girls are always apetising! The girls are always there to do you a favor when you need anything.

Beyond our expectation ,there are STARBUCKS COFFEE for you !You can’t find it anywhere on Sabang island, but only here! It is absolutely authentic,because the owner bought it from Starbucks hometown Seattle. Can you imagine how it tastes with the fresh breeze on the beach just enjoy yourself?

Sleep:

The big difference Scandinavie Divers is from other resorts is that all equipments are American standard size –Big and Comfortable! That’s exactly what we want for holiday. We stay in nice and clean standard room, 24 hours hot water, Satellite tv, a safe and ect. Everything you need you can find them.

There are suites for couples and big families ,which are well equiped with anything you can think of . Unfortunately ,we didn't have chance to enjoy the kitchen and home theater last time.Two Norwegian families there stayed for a long time on second floor.

At night ,the most beatiful part is to sit on bench nearby its private swimming pool, green plantes with pick and red flowers hanging around the pool. Blue, green ,pink with lemon lights, there is nothing as beautiful as it during night

Dive :

This is what Scandinavian Divers most famous for!

We met severl groups of divers came a long way just to be there to dive. They are both professionals and beginners. I am a totally a green hand. In the begging, I was a little bit afraid of taking a course there by watching all the pros and coaches quick movement. However, after seeing all the amzing photos they took under the sea, and excitement on diver’s faces, I couldn't wait any longer to go deeper into the sea.

Coach Peter and Robert are both good, but I like Robert better. His English is so clear without any accent that I didn't misunderstand anything. I think he is one of the best English speaking diving coach you can ever find in Philipine. He is also good looking ,as touch as a soilder, and more imprtantly is , he is very patient and friendly. He gave me very clear instructions and good protection, showed me fabulous fish and coral which I can only see on tv before !

If you are a professional diver, you will meet your allies from all over the world, esp Eurpoe and American. We happened to meet Chinese good divers there, they went there specially for diving.

Party:

Here is not only popular place for traveller but also locals. We made friends with Turkish artist who living on mountain , Danish friends who doing trading business there.They told us about how life in Philippine and invited us to join their picnic and birthday party. It was so much fun to have this experience.

Fun Cluture:

We are lucky to know the owner of Scandinaver Divers-David. He is just funny ,funny and funny!You can never imagine he used to be a famous doctor but enjoy this life here! We call him Dr.David, and everybody loves him. He told us all the good things gotta to experience on Sabang, and even invited us to a nice dinner! He loaned us equipments for snorkelling for free. We sure will come back to meet Dr David !

Staying in Scandinavian Divers is enjoyable and exciting holiday I have had for Chinese New Year.Besides the beautiful view, interaction with people around become friendship afterwards , which allnattract me to go back to be a better diver.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank ci77ci
Matawan, New Jersey
Reviewed December 13, 2010

They give a discount if you stay there or next door at Campbells (soon to be one company). However checking the web after returning their discounted price is the same as their advertised price. Not honest.

On the third dive I lost my weight belt because the BCD they rigged for me did not fit. On that day they said they would charge me $30 for the belt, i9if they could not recover it. The following day, they said they could not find it (???) and then charged me 63 for the belt. Fishy at best. Be carefull if you deal with them.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family