“Good People = Good Place”

Angelyn's Dive Resort
Ranked #27 of 52 Puerto Galera B&B and Inns
Manila, Philippines
“Good People = Good Place”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We've been here with my fiance this May 2012, upon arrival at Batangas port you will be guide you by their staff. And upon arrival on the Sabang port there will be a staff waiting for you to carry your bags and escort you to your room. The room is great, clean and have a terrace. Their are very accommodating and always smiling. It's a cheap place to stay in.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SupportMe

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Manila, Manila, Philippines
Reviewed May 24, 2012

We booked our summer escapades in Angelyns Resort last 2011 and It was a great experience staying @ the hotel. I love the heart breaking sight of the beach every morning, the cold breeze and misses our romantic dinner every single night. If your looking for the best spot I am recommending this resort, you'll find heaven and tranquility in this place. :-)

Room Tip: ask the hotel if they have any promo's and offer available.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lime E
Cavite
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Compliments for angelyns resort! Very nice place place, . Very accomodating!

Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jeff sean C
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Reviewed February 25, 2012

I love this hotel and have stayed here for three years in a row for 3 - 4 nights at a time when I am diving at Sabang Beach. Clean comfortable, quiet rooms. Super nice and friendly staff and a good restaurant. This is really a great kick back and relax small hotel. Has a small pool and WiFi and real brewed coffee! The water pressure is a bit funky, sometimes you have it, sometimes you don't, but not a big deal in the scheme of things expecially for $35 - $40 a night.

Great location..right on the beach.

Will be back diving in October and staying at Angelyn's.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kenincr
Cambridge
Reviewed January 14, 2012

I stayed 15 nights there from June 28, 2011 to July 12, 2011. It was my second trip to Puerto Galera scuba diving.
I thought it was very nice. I stayed in a large second floor room with balcony. It had a table and chairs on the balcony and a clothesline to hang all the diver wet equipment at the end of the day.

The room itself was very nice. I've stayed in some very nasty places when travelling for my diving. This was very nice. The only drawback was the air conditioning. It was a wall unit and very noisy. To sleep I let the unit run to cool the room down then turned iot to the run setting so the noise wasn't as bad.

Satellite tv, mini fridge, table, chairs, closet and drawers to put clothes and personal items in, ceiling lights, bedside light. Good mattress, not north amrican style for sure but not the usual thin thin you can find in some phillipine hotels or accomodations. The most awesome feature was actually a mini headboard that held my blackberry, mouse, coke, remote control, usual things can't live without.

The bathroom had no vanity or shelves and no plug for the sink. I wound up piling my shaving and other things on the back of the toliet and rinsing the shaving cream off in a drinking glass. That was kinda funky at first. The bathroom floor didn't have a bath mat so I purchased an extra pair of flips flops so I wouldn't slip on the ceramic tiles.

I wound up paying Canadian Converted $30.43 per night breakfast included which was an awesome price. The occupants could order from the menu for breakfast. It wasn't a continental breakfast setup where you got a few pieces of toast and a cup of instant coffee. It was good breakfast.

There was a rooster outside the bathroom window I had to get used to but that didn't take long.

There is a safe at the front desk.

The service and the staff were more then awesome. I can't say enough about the staff and the service both the Resort and the Dive shop which are affiliated with each other.

The cafe for the resort fronts the ocean and is great place to sit and relax when not diving. WIFI is free for guests and is available in most common areas. I made sure I bought the unlock code for my Blackberry before leaving Canada. On the way out of Ninoy Acquino I stopped at the booth and had the vendor swap in a Smart Card for phone/text/internet so I had all functions on my Blackberry so had internet away fro Angelyns as well.

My laptop had internet at Angelyn's. Sometimes it was slow and I couldn't skype call but most times it was ok.

All in all I rate Angelyn's very high. The room was very good for the phillipines, better then some but what really made the stay stand out was the service, staff and value for money.

Room Tip: Most resorts are affiliated with dive shops. There's not much to do in Puerto Galers unless you...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Michael K
Dexter, NY
Reviewed December 1, 2010

I had been to Boracay on three previous trips to the Philippines but we decided to try a different area. Unfortunately Puerto Galera was not a good choice for us because it is primarily a diving resort and does not offer many other opportunites for recreation that we would like. However, I must compliment Angelyns Resort. It is a very nice hotel right on the water and we enjoyed our stay there. The rates were good for the rooms and the food. All the staff were friendly and accomodating. Just keep in mind that there are no good beaches in the area for swimming. If you are a diver I imagine you would love it there since there are so many dive sites. Also it was rainy much of the time so the true beauty of the place was not evident in the poor weather.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Wayne M
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 25, 2010

Stayed 2 nights at the Angelyn's in early Jul, booked through frontier Scuba. The room look like it had just been renovated, new and clean. It is simple setup, bed, cable tv, fridge, and bathroom with hot shower, air-con in the room. Staffs are friendly. I stayed at level 3, with some nice view of the surroundings. Overall It is very comfortable place with very reasonable price, the only thing is the room is not at the beach front, but it has a nice cafe fronting the beach, good to start the day with a breakfast by the beach.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends