DreamWave Hotel
Lalaguna Villas(Puerto Galera)
$74
$55
  • Pool
Out of the Blue Resort(Puerto Galera)
$111
  • Breakfast included
Badladz Dive Resort(Puerto Galera)(Great Value!)
$42
$34
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Badladz Beach Resort(Puerto Galera)(Great Value!)
$66
$35
  • Pool
Papa Fred's Beach Resort(Puerto Galera)(Great Value!)
$42
$135
$160
$155
  • Pool
All reviewscomplimentary breakfast isenjoyed our stayplace to staythe ground floorhot waterphptvbidettattooluxuryrestonightlifeveranda
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

My team went here for a quick summer getaway tour, my partner and I opted to go solo and took the premium room (2pax) the price was at around 3,500, others went for the suites (4pax), when we got to the hotel, while checking in, we were served welcome drinks, banana shake or something, the staff were really nice and accommodating. After checking in, we first went to the suites and we were a little dissapointed, there were 2 double beds, an AC (small and weak) a tv, a single window that didn't gave any view, the bathroom was ok but the water that came out from the sink was yellowish at first. Other teammates arrived so we moved to our own room, the 2pax room was better, a queen sized bed, a tv, better AC, cabinets and a bathroom, no window though (fine with me, it was sweltering outside and I was able to sleep a lot withoutthe sun glaring in my face). The bathroom was a little smelly though initially, but as we used it, the smell went away.

Breakfast was a different story, thr food was mediocre and one of us had to wait almost 2 hours to get their food,apparently the waiter forgot to call in what they ordered, I had to do follow ups before the food finally arrived.

All in all, the hotel was average, just don't expect anything grand, if you have enough budget you can put this on your list, but if you're the "worth my money" type, don't bother, you will be dissapointed.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank LostSomewhere22
Reviewed April 3, 2014

after our classes and it was about time for summer, my friends and i decided to have a summer getaway in Puerto Galera. it was our first time to visit Puerto Galera. we checked in at Dreamwave Hotel for 3 days and 2 nights, we had 2 Dreamwave Suite since we were a lot. the location of the hotel is really an advantage, in just a few minutes you can already feel the sea between your toes. moreover, the hotel is just minutes away from the "market" and "night-life". personally, our stay at Dreamwave contributed to the one of my best summer experiences ever! the room we stayed in was clean. if we wanted to have it clean, we could just ask and request the management. we had a good night sleep staying at Dreamwave. the food was superb, i am recommending the sizzling cheesy squid, sisig and mango shake. we can't get enough of these foodies. we were still craving for these food by the time we got back to Manila. the services they offered were really fun and worth-remembering-- the water sports, water-proof camera rental, karaoke, henna etc. the staff and management were approachable and friendly as well. they give importance and value to what you pay. on the other hand, we also experienced dissatisfaction but were compensated right away. the flush in one of the comfort rooms was not working but it was immediately attended to by the management. the food may take a while but it was worth the wait. my overall rating for the hotel is very good. there is still room for improvement and development. i am looking forward to stay here for the second time! :)

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank ridjillyace
Reviewed March 31, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here in February to celebrate Valentines's day in the island. The price for what looks like a budget room is way too steep. The bed was made, but that's just about it. The bathroom's tiles, sink and toilet were filthy and needs cleaning. Apart from that, the maintenance crew sprayed insect repellent before we moved in. This wasn't a problem at first since we will be heading out for dinner. But hours had passed and we could still smell the strong fumes of chemicals Which also stuck to our clothes and bags. I was forced to leave the window open from 12am til morning because of this. We also noticed that the window curtains were sheer and we could see people passing by. Since bars are just a couple of blocks away, we could hear the non-stop noise. We were more concerned about the smell rather than The noise or people walking by. Note to the staff: the smell of Bug spray could be lethal.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank HippieInTheSky
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

The rooms are on the small side for what you pay, but they are well designed and clean. The staff is very friendly and the breakfast is oke. But you need to have some patience with checking in or the breakfast. The location is also not very good because the only have very expensive seaviewrooms, the most have no windows at all.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed February 23, 2014

First time to visit Puerto Galera with my family. Had to book this hotel at the last minute (literally) online before leaving the house.

Pros: Beachfront..Although the staff said the only room that has a view of the beach is the suite, still it was nice to have your breakfast right in front of the beach..sipping coffee just staring at the waters was an awesome and restful experience.

Friendly staff.. most of the hotel's sfaff were friendly and attentive to our needs. they went out of their way to assist us with anything that we needed. like when my nephew developed a fever. one of the staff even went with my sister-in-law to the mini pharmacy that they have in white beach so she could get the medicine for him.

Cons:

Room.. We stayed in the family room consisting of two double beds and one single bed for PHP 3,500. The room was okay but it was very small..Not a lot of space there though. They must have built and designed the room with no children in mind..Bed was alright. The main thing that really got us disappointed was the strong stench coming from the sink and the bathroom..Really very annoying..The toilet flush was not working so we had to request for that to get fixed twice..finally got someone to come after I went to complain the second time.

Rate: Locals said Dreamwave is the most expensive hotel in White Beach.. Probably so..I really didn't mind paying that much if they had provided a roomier family room without the stinky smell emanating from the sink.

Location from boat boarding area: Although it is just about a 5-10 minute walk, if you have quite a baggage, it is still cumbersome. The shipping company and the hotels don't provide shuttle service to pick you up from the hotel and bring you closer to where the boats are docked.

All in all, as a first timer, we enjoyed going to Puerto Galera, regardless of the hotel..It was an experience we'll never forget..

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family